Water and diesel in mixture?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
eric27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by eric27 » 24/08/09, 09:44

Ha but personally, I did not expect to warn the taxman of the mixture, citizen yes, c ... no : Mrgreen:
That said, industrial realities should not concern us. Imagine a mixture of 30% water and 70% diesel, we can do it ourselves, at home without the help of tankers, right?
I will test the mixture in the bottle, at least out of technical curiosity
A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 10:01

Macro wrote:The tankers did not break their teeth ... The tankers simply abandoned the thing because the tax administrations refused to zero-rate the part of water incorporated into diesel and wanted this water to be simply taxed like the rest has 80% ... Aquazole would therefore have had a production cost higher than the cost of simple diesel and would therefore have been much more expensive at the pump ...

No no it is not completely abandoned, GECAM is used in certain municipal parks ...

In particular in Bordeaux according to this doc: https://www.econologie.com/gecam-le-gaso ... -4064.html

(end of parenthesis)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 10:03

eric27 wrote:I will test the mixture in the bottle, at least out of technical curiosity

Well it will not work, the 2 will never mix, as for oil and water ... to have a chance of miscibility, it would be necessary that you add some tensionactive (but which?) Take some photos you will see. ..
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 24/08/09, 10:42

Do you know the recipe for a light mayonnaise ???

In the oil you put water ... up to 30%

I'll say like dumpling ... try with an egg ... laid by the goose that lays golden eggs : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 10:53

Do you think engines like mayo? : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 24/08/09, 13:00

They accept oil, water ... All that remains is to find the chicken egg with golden eggs : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Must put it 1.7% : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/08/09, 13:24

abyssin3 wrote:20%!
I had not seen, are you crazy?
The "cutting oil" you are talking about must be castor oil which has extraordinary properties, especially when mixed with alcohol, I believe. But it's risky anyway and castor oil is VERY expensive. So you risk not finding your way there in the end.
Now you can start with linseed oil (not bad, although it's not worth the castor). And impeccable for alcohol.
And a tip: first "in vitro" tests, like a 5% - 10% - 15% - 20% mixture in a bottle that you leave alone for a week to see if the mixture falls off.

???? Linseed oil solidifies on heating. Isn't it risky?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/09, 13:31

elephant wrote:???? Linseed oil solidifies on heating.

Huh? : Shock:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/08/09, 21:42

The "cutting oil" you are talking about must be castor oil which has extraordinary properties, especially when mixed with alcohol, I believe. But it's risky anyway and castor oil is VERY expensive. So you risk not finding your way there in the end.

Castor oil is all the less appropriate since it is not stable and oxidizes very quickly, generating I don't know what muddy byproduct that likes to clog the lubrication circuit. In addition it ends up corroding all the low engine.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huile_de_ricin

Going back to the Diesel / water mixture, there are boat engines designed to mix the diesel and water just before passing into the injection pump (a disc that spins very quickly in a small enclosure). Another system separates them (centrifugal system) before returning to the tank. The return to normal operation in pure diesel oil provides protection against oxidation before stopping for the injection pump and the injectors.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Diesel and water without the nostril?

by kistinie » 15/01/10, 14:45

0 x