simple trick to save fuel

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 31/08/07, 23:18

Ami-6 ... My 2CV6 had an Ami 6 engine ... And a binary operation: slows down or completely ...

The lack of acceleration can be dangerous because you cannot get out of the middle in case of problems (it is the biker who causes). I think that a bungee cord or a strong spring attached to the pedal should constitute sufficient resistance not to press more without getting tired, but to be able to press very hard to put your foot on the floor and get out of a bad situation, or insert into traffic (short highway entrance ramp) ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 01/09/07, 00:51

Hi ex oceano
It's been a while since I last discussed with you.
To get out of a bad situation I have not yet needed it.
The automobile newspapers argue the power of the cars by saying that it is a pledge of safety to double. I have a doubt.
This is true when overtaking a truck on a two-way lane. But by being reasonable we stay behind. If you are careful and anticipate there are no worries.
Doubling a vehicle that travels at 100km / h while driving at 102 km / h cannot be improvised.
On the other hand, having an extremely powerful vehicle gives a feeling of ease. It is so reassuring that anticipation and caution evaporates.
The problem is that we do anything.
Double and fold back at the last moment, double on the right ...
On my vehicle the accelerator is electric (potentiometer) therefore impossible to tinker with the cable tension or the accelerator lever of the injection pump.
I also thought of the spring kick.
It will definitely be my next change.
I had a Peugeot Expert whose accelerator pedal was very hard. I remember driving was very tiring for the ankles. It was the same as using a spring except that on the vehicle in question it was necessary to force even to drive quietly. In this specific case it was useless except to muscle the right ankle : Cheesy:
0 x
Other

by Other » 01/09/07, 01:02

Hello
Two barrel carburetors have this particularity when you roll on the small body it is not hard when you open the big one it is hard on the pedal.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 01/09/07, 08:31

Yes this was the case on my R5 but not enough to dissuade from accelerating fully.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/09/07, 10:56

Bonjour à tous

https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/accel1.JPG

Fixed stopper, not dangerous when you have in your head that you are driving a sluggish machine. It's not as "secure" as the spring, but there is room to add it and adjust according to ... to whom the car is loaned.

Young driver a little crazy for example .... having the unfortunate idea of ​​knowing only the binary positions of the accelerator. (less noise / faster) : Lol:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 01/09/07, 21:00

It's a bit like what I did on the R5 but it didn't work on the consumer side with the automatic gearbox.
However, I had positioned the abutment so that the second body did not open.
Today I condemned the second body by holding a small tab with a wire Image
It's even better because there is no noticeable loss of power unless you want to ride like Schumi.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 01/09/07, 21:14

Hi Pitmix,

When I started out I bought a Fuego "2 liters". A childhood dream, (today very kitsch :D) very comfortable (extended driving position) but not designed for sport (2 heads up, fortunately at low speed).

At the rate of 40 km per year, the consumption (000 to 8 l / 12) was far too high for my salary as a beginner technician. I tried several manipulations to reduce it, including the condemnation of the 100nd body. Slow driving (2 kg) but no improvement at the pump.

After 2 years I changed to a 205 diesel. Less look but more km per full ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/09/07, 01:00

:D Ah AMI6 (a sedan 63) that memories and average speeds performed very illegal today ... Its recovery and braking condemned it when I had to use it to go to my work, too dangerous ...

I agree with you that the solution lies in the double-stroke spring.
Modern cars with speed limiters do this.
The pedal is flexible as long as you are traveling below the programmed speed and it becomes hard at the threshold of the speed limit.
We can nevertheless pass the hard spot to accelerate stronger.
I find it pretty awesome. 8)
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 02/09/07, 09:46

Speaking of which, "Muzzo41", a genius electronics buddy of the forum, had the idea to design an electronic speed limiter for vintage cars. A cylinder controlled by a computer would act on the lever of the injection pump. He did not have time to conceive that, but I find that it was a good idea.
Crispus what you say surprises me and at the same time reassures me.
If the condemnation of the second body does not lead to a reduction in consumption, that means that it increases the chance that the reduction in consumption of my R5 comes from the reactor.
Still, I reduced the size of the main jet and especially changed the automatic gearbox by a manual.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 02/09/07, 14:40

Hello,
PITMIX wrote:If the condemnation of the second body does not lead to a reduction in consumption, that means that it increases the chance that the reduction in consumption of my R5 comes from the reactor.
Still, I reduced the size of the main jet and especially changed the automatic gearbox by a manual.

The fact of condemning the 2nd body must abnormally increase the depression in the 1st, suddenly the air and the gasoline which were to be distributed on 2 bodies arrive afloat in one. This bad mixture is accompanied in addition to a drop in performance.

Reducing the size of the nozzle should compensate for this defect ... Or else find a simple adaptable body carburetor.
0 x