simple trick to save fuel

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 30/08/07, 10:22

Cuicui wrote: I disengage on the descents.

Hello

do not forget to add to your account, the gray energy of the clutch that you are going to descend : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/08/07, 15:19

zac wrote:
Cuicui wrote: I disengage on the descents.

Hello, do not forget to add to your account, the gray energy of the clutch that you are going to descend : Evil:
@+

Certainly. Disengaging is for safety (re-engage quickly if I need the engine brake on a steep slope). I more often, it's dead point.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 31/08/07, 13:25

Hello
I have just tested an economical and efficient system on my company vehicle.
Cost of modification: nothing : Cheesy:
Consumption result: between 1L and 1,5L / 100km less.
Top speed performance: minus 10km / h.
Acceleration performance: (identical to a heavy weight).

The product :
A 40 PVC elbow taped under the accelerator pedal to reduce its stroke. : Cheesy:

The primary goal is to avoid getting caught on radar with a speed limiter.
Good points :
It works well around large cities because there is too much traffic to be able to gain speed. The circulation becomes more bearable to live since one is obliged to take his pain in patience. The result on consumption is immediate.
Negative points :
It is impossible to overtake trucks on two-way tracks and almost identical top speed if the road is clear for several km. You have to pull on the reports to be able to get on the highway or pass. You have to know how to estimate the distances and the speed of the vehicles arriving behind.

Personal conclusion:
After a short adaptation time, driving becomes easy and relaxing. I contemplate the other madmen behind the wheel, being very happy to no longer be part of it.
After 2 months of testing I deleted the device. One week was enough for me to understand that it is absolutely necessary to reinstall it. I do not show sufficient abstraction to be able to drive voluntarily slower than other road users.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/07, 15:04

PITMIX wrote:The product :
A 40 PVC elbow taped under the accelerator pedal to reduce its stroke.

Yes Pitmix!

Bravo for these tests, we talked about it a long time ago but nobody had tried (at least given a report), I suppose that this trick must adapt to the case by case (vehicle, conduction, environment of use of the vehicle ...) so not easy but cutting a piece of PVC or a wooden calle is not the sea to drink :) :)

Finally it is a very economical alternative to downsizing even if the causes involved are not exactly the same ...

On the other hand, in terms of security, this requires time to adapt, so beware of those who try to handle :)
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 31/08/07, 16:41

You do well to emphasize the risk because the sanction on performance is final.
In no case should you prejudge the power of your vehicle. It is a bit like towing a caravan all the time.
That said at the start there is not much difference from the origin and that's good because otherwise the hill starts would be very difficult.
I did not make any adjustment to cut the end of PVC, I simply tried to have the least possible stroke to the pedal.
I think there is 2cm max of race.
What surprised me the most was that I never felt frustrated. On the contrary, we tell ourselves that it is already working well while we are constantly riding on a net of gas.
Another important point I do 40000 km / year in all traffic conditions (except mountain) I never had a problem to circulate. The difference is mainly made on the shift.
In spite of a higher regime to drive in an energetic way the consumption decreases and even while using the air conditioning.
My company vehicle is a Ford Transit 2L TDCI 85cv from 2006 and it is permanently charged.
I am sure that by installing this on a family car with equivalent engine, there would be no need to draw on the reports and the consumption would be even more reduced.
Be careful however, the top speed is approximately identical to the origin, impossible to avoid the radars on the highway of the holidays without lifting the foot.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 31/08/07, 18:37

Hello Pitmix

There is another approaching way to save money with the accelerator.

You just have to relax the throttle cable. A few mm of pedal travel is “lost” before tensioning the cable before it acts on the accelerator lever.

https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/accel.JPG

In this example, moving the small pin a maximum of 1 notch or 2 notches is sufficient.

Suddenly we find ourselves driving much more smoothly. (almost "à la papi"). : Mrgreen: The top speed does not change, usually the limit of the pedal travel is made on the accelerator and not on the pedal which can go a little further.

The small problem is that by doing the opposite (shortening the game to the accelerator) we get the opposite effect (what works my car today !!!) and of course with the cons that goes with it. : Lol:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other

by Other » 31/08/07, 20:12

hi Pitmix

It was sold many years ago a Sloex regulator that is installed under the carburetor, it is a simple eccentric butterfly with a calibrated spring it maintains a certain depression in the intake manifold, even at full throttle when the depression would fall to zero it partially closes in balance with the spring.
These accessories were mounted on forklifts and Urban engines which circulate in factories or in town, this does not penalize a little on the power, especially on the acceleration.
If you adapt your driving you can do without this accessory
and do the same thing, install a vacuum gauge and maintain most of the time below the value (the one that you will read at 100kmh on a flat highway)

Andre
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 31/08/07, 20:40

Hi Pitmix,

A few years ago I had a nasturtium motorhome (sleeper above the cabin) on a Fiat Ducato 2,5 TD base (cousin of the J5 / C25).

I was very surprised by the acceleration and top speed capabilities of this machine. however consumption! 11 l / 100 when driving cushy, up to 17 on the highway : Shock:

In addition, nasturtium gives such wind resistance that overtaking a heavy vehicle can be treacherous. I had a fright while doubling a caravan: sharp acceleration to 95, and there sudden capping (due to the turbulence I suppose). Despite a long straight line I had to pound to fold before I take the car opposite (which had to drive fairly quickly anyway).

The driving position was designed for a delivery driver "foot to the floor", not for a family outing. After 2 hours of driving I had unbearable pain in my ankle from raising my right foot. Ditto for the left in town, the clutch pedal going way too high.

Ultimately I built a wooden foot platform. It allowed me to ride allowing me to ride with my feet on the floor but ... at 90 km / h. If necessary, the engine can be fully pushed, but the pin quickly enters the red zone :P

In addition, it allowed me to have a discreet volume of additional storage: you can never have enough.

During a control a gendarme threw a suspicious eye on the platform, then let me leave amused.

On the other hand I forgot to fix it: in retrospect, I realized that it could have got stuck under the brake pedal!

In short, I recommend this type mounting on a van, I have not thought of trying on a car.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 31/08/07, 21:05

It reminds me of my Citroën AMi-6 of yesteryear. It was fine to roll feet on the floor, we had to be satisfied with the (modest) power available. Few times, a particular driving philosophy, but that did not prevent making good averages.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 31/08/07, 21:56

Cuicui wrote:No matter how much we drive feet on the floor

Did you try to remove the left foot? : Mrgreen:

Do not worry, I too make guests ...
0 x