Mr Gaston's water engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/05/07, 12:40

Super restorations! Is your friend a collector?

Hello Bham

Yes, it is more or less his job, he rehabilitates all the old and beautiful mechanics that fall under his hand with a certain talent.

The engine of the firefighter is even more beautiful than in the photo.
He sometimes hires him for exhibitions.

I tried to tell him that he would be fine with me, if he ran out of space for example, what we would not do to be of service ... but he told me that he was get by ...... snifff : Mrgreen:

In the middle of the restoration of old mechanics it is full of connoisseurs, I will try to see for the engine of Mr Gaston / Crispus if anyone has precise information.

Econologiquement yours.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 14/05/07, 13:54

Hello and thank you Flytox,

Magnificent images. It must be even better in real life ...

When I go back I will take the time to clear it to see if there is not a foundry mark like on your motor pump.

It could really help ...

A Quanthomme reader-contributor thinks he saw the same engine as Mr. Gaston, a long time ago. He will try to find his trace.

Does anyone have any idea about onion peel smell when running on water? It reminds me of Chambrin who claimed to have found "unknown" molecules by analyzing the exhaust gases ...
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 06/06/07, 21:28

Hello everybody

A Quanthomme reader has just informed me that this engine (or a very similar model) was present at the Fête de la locomotion at la Ferté Allais (91) 2 years ago.

There is a good chance that it will be presented again (and probably in operation) this weekend of June 9-10, 2007.

For my part I am not available, but if among the Ile-de-France some could move:

To see the poster

Read the program in PDF

It would be necessary to browse on the side of agricultural machinery, this engine probably driving a sawmill machine.

Good weekend to the lucky ones who can go there ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 06/06/07, 21:48

Crispus wrote:Does anyone have any idea about onion peel smell when running on water? It reminds me of Chambrin who claimed to have found "unknown" molecules by analyzing the exhaust gases ...

Hello

Ozone??????????

I did not test with complicated machines but three noses accustomed to the O3 say the same thing and it stings the eyes as at the swimming pool.

I know it's not scientific as a step; but the guy who discovered the fire probably didn't need a thermometer to find out that it was burning.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/06/07, 23:18

Hello Crispus

Crispus wrote:To see the poster

Read the program in PDF

It would be necessary to browse on the side of agricultural machinery, this engine probably driving a sawmill machine.

There is also this:
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/vielmeca.bmp
To track your engine. (For my part, I have not yet returned from the collector friend).

The treasurer of the "Quercynoise Association of Old Mechanics" told me that they were not racist on the mechanics to be shown and that other mechanics, Pantomized doped etc ... could very well appear next to the tractors of era etc. It is above all a festival of mechanics.

It may be an idea to develop to make known to the general public that we can fuel otherwise ...

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Flytox

by Flytox » 08/06/07, 19:11

Bonjour à tous

Still about this:
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/vielmeca.bmp

http://www.vieillesmecaniques.com/index.html

While discussing again with the treasurer of the "Quercynoise association of old Mechanics" he told me that there are several engines from the beginning of the last century which are exposed and which work ..... with an injection of water ... ...... it's not the kind of rotofil motor but rather a big beast that weighs 4 or 5 tons.

He promised me doc ..... Monday maybe?

For the Festival, it's pretty cool .... ends late (no, early ..) after a good meal more or less watered and not in the sad genre ...

A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 09/06/07, 18:07

Hello everybody

This afternoon I received photos from Mr. Bailly, a faithful Quanthomme experimenter, who was able to go to La Ferté Allais. Happy man : Cheesy:

The engine in question is relatively "current", it comes from a known manufacturer of agricultural machinery: International Harvester, Chicago. And not from England as I had been told.

Two copies are on display, one almost identical to "mine", the other in operation but apparently showing slight variations.

A copy (incomplete) is also for sale.

If you don't know where to go tomorrow, it's still possible.
It is worth the trip considering the quality of the machines on display.
Personally I get angry at not being able to move ...

Part of the information I passed on is correct, alas for the 100% water operation : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:

The exhibitor who runs his engine starts it with petrol, then switches to kerosene with the addition of water. This person was aware of the rumor surrounding this engine, but was never able to run it with 100% water. If the oil supply is cut, the engine stops.

However, adding water makes the engine much quieter.
it should be charged to find out if the power is also increased.

I am preparing a document which recapitulates the operation. After approval by my new "informant", I will put this new document online.

Let this not discourage us in this quest for the energetic grail.

In the absence of the hoped-for scoop, here is at least one additional example to add to Christophe's long dossier on water injection, as a solution "proven" for a long time by manufacturers.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/06/07, 22:08

8) Thank you crispus, superb image, it looks great this machine!

A complete technical file will be welcome, especially the water mode of operation.
Are we getting closer to Pantone, Pogue, Chambrin ..., is there a reactor? :?:
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 09/06/07, 22:36

citro wrote:8) Thank you crispus, superb image, it looks great on this machine!

A complete technical file will be welcome, especially the water mode of operation.

Precisely I launch an appeal!

I am missing a crucial element: a photo of the interior of the famous "box" with 3 wheels (gasoline / water / kerozene for the curious :D ).

I would not be surprised to find a spiral flow (it is an obsession!).

But we could also find injectors there because the 3 liquids are pressurized ... Details at the end of writing.

In short, if tomorrow someone can have fun and bring us back to the passage of superb photos, even addresses of enthusiasts ... Do not hesitate!
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 12/06/07, 00:17

citro wrote:A complete technical file will be welcome, especially the water mode of operation.

I'm still on my end. Someone is on the track of the exhibitor of the restored machine. I hope he can tell us more.

To summarize what I understood about how it works, this is how it looks:

0 x