Stop & Start System (SST) for any car?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/07/13, 10:20

For your cylinder ... In case of auto clutch cylinder alfa fiat on selespeed box. They operate with hydraulic oil of the dextron type at a maximum of 50 bars. therefore compatible with your DA pump or otherwise any industrial cylinder ... you would need to know the discharge pressure of your pump to make its dimensioning calculation as well as the force required to move the clutch lever ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/07/13, 11:50

My steering rack works with Dexron II oil like all hydraulic power steering systems (except for the old Citroëns with hydraulic suspension).
This oil is the same as that of automatic converter boxes.

The electro-hydraulic pump that I have and that I want to mount to replace the pump driven by a belt on the engine, will only be used for steering.

The fitting of a piloted clutch (which I dreamed a lot about in the past) is not essential, and if I did, I would rather use an electric actuator or a pneumatic actuator ...
I just found a pneumatic clutch kit as sold by equipment manufacturers for the disabled.
In this case, I would mount my electric vacuum pump which would ensure the vacuum for braking AND the control of the piloted clutch, even with the engine off.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/07/13, 13:14

the vacuum is good for the clutch control because everything is cheaper than in hydraulics

the only interest of hydraulics is for citroen all hydraulic ... but I'm afraid that the C5 is the last citroen hydraulic

citroen hydraulics it's simple, constant pressure in an accumulator, you can connect all the accessories you want on it

the power steering hydraulics is rather a constant flow, which the power steering distributor lets pass freely when you don't touch the steering, or that this distributor sends to the actuator when there is need to assist. to order another cylinder with this system is not easy

electric clutch control? you will have to think about safety, ensure a quick re-clutch when you touch the slightest pedal

intermediate solution: a ratchet with electric control keeping the clutch completely disengaged without having to leave the foot on it, with only the electric control of clicking the system cannot disengage to cut the engine: it is the driver who must do it

problem, unlocking the ratchet as soon as you touch a pedal may make the clutch too brutal
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/07/13, 10:39

Philippe Schutt wrote:on the C5 2.0 hdi automatic, using full shift in neutral, I gain + - 1 L / 100, ie I go from 6.5 to 5.5. And this without stopping the engine!

I did this round trip to Tours / Toulouse with our new car (passat tdi 140) always as fast as possible, regulator 3 at 6km / h above the maximum authorized and air conditioning on ... Average consumption on the outward journey return 5.4l / 100 to 101km / h on average without using neutral gear, in fact on descents on the motorway on the 6th it goes very easily to 0 consumption, if you press the clutch it starts to slow down at 0.4l / 100..My downtime having been ridiculous on such a journey I did not have to turn off the engine more I mistrust the operation of the automatic parking brake which is set all by itself when the car is at stop ... Should not block at 130 because it blocks the car net (but it should not be triggered only car stopped) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/07/13, 10:57

on motorways, the phases where the motor is useless are really rare!

it is in town or on the road with a lot of up and down that it is useful to cut the engine

the consumption indicator is a trap, because it does not take into account the speed variation

neutral consumption 0.4l / 100
in 6th consumption 0/100 but speed decreasing more than in neutral because of the power lost to run the engine

the driver must know what he wants: to keep his speed down slightly it is better to neutral ... if the goal is to slow down it is better to leave the engine in gear to save consumption of slow motion
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/07/13, 11:20

the fuel consumption indicator takes speed into account. at idle when stopped it is 0.6l / ha 130 in freewheeling it indicates a 0.4l / 100 ... The concern with freewheeling is that a car which arrives at 130 at the top of a descent from 5km to 5% if you don't use the engine brake at the bottom you get there at 145/150 ... And that's where the mickey is waiting for you ...

Yesterday evening in the evening newspaper they talked about the danger of speed regulators..I rather think that the authorities see a shortfall in terms of fines ... On the A20 strangely fluid Saturday morning the 3 radars that I I saw were on the descents ... And the intercept bikers stashed further in the shade, helmets removed so their business worked well ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/07/13, 13:17

A handful of years of electric driving have changed my behavior, especially by noting that driving at 75km / h stabilized on the ring road is equivalent to driving at 90km / h at peak with great acceleration and braking as well as significant risk taking and considerable waste and useless fuel since very often I leave the ring road in front of those who passed me and drove like mad.

On long journeys, including on the motorway, I now hold my cruise control at 110 km / h, the saving in consumption is easily 25% ... This winter, I thus made the journey Bordeaux - The Pyrenees + more tourist trips and ski resort + return on a single tank of gas when there were 7 of us in the minivan + luggage + a loaded trailer ... or more than 900km on 1 tank. On the outward journey, I had passed the wheel to my brother-in-law who regulated at 130km / h, but we had an arrival schedule to keep ...

Regulating below the limit allows me to take some speed downhill while reducing the risk of road racketeering. This brings additional serenity.
This is where we measure the merits of hybridization and energy recovery, impossible on a conventional engine ...

Ah, if I could afford the TESLA S ... I had the privilege of trying it, I can tell you that the future of petrol cars is now comparable to the future of stagecoaches 100 years ago...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/07/13, 13:24

citro wrote:
Ah, if I could afford the TESLA S ... I had the privilege of trying it, I can tell you that the future of petrol cars is now comparable to the future of stagecoaches 100 years ago...

Not sure ... as long as a tesla S is worth more than 100 months of minimum wage. and that an equivalent thermal will cost (only) 35 ... : Shock:

by comparison at the time of diligence a ford T cost 825dollars is eight months of salary of an American teacher of the time in 1908 ... in 1921 it cost only 260 ...

The Tesla S (or even the small X I think) at 16000 € is it for when ???
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/07/13, 09:56

: Arrowu: What I wanted to say is that the TESLA S proves that for less than many high-end German sedans, you can have an electric sedan with 500 km of autonomy and especially exceptional performance (power and acceleration much higher than a thermal car).
In 10 years, TESLA has gone from a 2-seat coupe at 100.000 € for 300 km of autonomy to a 5 + 2-seat sedan at 75.000 € for 500 km of autonomy. 8)
The progress is enormous in both directions (price and performance).

Finally, for a democratic and easily "amortisable" budget, we can now buy a MIA 4 places 12kWh for less than 13.000 € in full ownership (vehicle + batteries).
To date, it is the cheapest and most relevant new vehicle for those whose use corresponds to the vehicle's capacities. : Idea:
Just on the energy budget (at current oil and electricity prices), in 100.000km, the saving on the fuel item is around 6000 €. : Shock:
We can therefore consider that buying an MIA at 13.000 € is more economical than buying a thermal at 6.000 € in a "second car".
I put in quotes because I always repeat, that in terms of mileage, the electric vehicle can easily become the first vehicle of a home, as I saw in my home or our 2 electric vehicles have traveled to at 15.000km / year each while our thermal would only cover 8.000km / year (insured per kilometer).
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/07/13, 10:44

I also note that a small EV can become the first vehicle of a home mine has made 9500km in 10 months but in any case (with regard to said old generation EV) at the cost of sacrifices in terms of comfort. 'use (75 to 80km / h max if not greatly reduced autonomy) always anticipate its displacements, and always roll with an eye on the gauge and the ammeter ... When with the reliability ... Now we know the relative reliability of the nicad , remains to know the behavior of the lithium batteries of current ve..Ca that is a big unknown ...
0 x