Oil change interval?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 18/09/06, 23:13

nialabert wrote:In addition, modern oils are detergent. On an old engine, cleaning can reveal leaks that grime clogged.

Finally this is what I was told.

And an article on oils, motorcycles, but it's interesting.
http://www.triumphall.com/huile1.htm

oils have been detergent for a long time! : Lol: basically since the engines have oil filters
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 18/09/06, 23:38

One of the ways to space out the oil changes is also to increase the size of the oil pan. It takes more km for the qualities of the oil to be degraded enough to require a change.

By combining this with the improvement in the quality of the oils, we have added a lot of km between 2 oil changes ... Already they make spark plugs 'for life' for certain engines, soon, the engine will be sealed, with their quota oil for his life ...

[joke mode ON]

Detergent engine oil? My cl yes! I tried to do my laundry with it, it came out all rotten!

[joke mode OFF]
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 18/09/06, 23:55

Hello Ex-Océon

We do this on certain aircraft by changing the cater for a larger one, this allows us to have more oil and at risk of not running out on a long trip, is also it leaves a chance to cool it it sleeps more long in the housing.
But the inconvenient, it takes more than half an hour to warm up.
and when it gets dirty, the 8 liters are dirty instead of 6 liters.

Large star engines have an oil tank and can be added in flight from the cockpit.

For the detergent oil it must have been generalized since the late 50s and since the early 70s that we had the right to put it in planes, with the mineral it made a mud and dirty engines , Although castor oil was exceptional
but very expensive it also clogs but gives a flavor of race track.

Andre
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/09/06, 12:03

Christophe wrote:[...] It was the article which I had read in 2004 and to which I referred there is little in another post: it is not the oils of big marks which give the best results. However, I am still surprised by the very good quality of Leclerc oil ...
Something to know about "brand" oils: the synthetic Carrefour 15W50 is from Mobil1 ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 13:26

former oceanic wrote:By combining this with the improvement in the quality of the oils, we have added a lot of km between 2 oil changes ... Already they make spark plugs 'for life' for certain engines, soon, the engine will be sealed, with their quota oil for his life ...

Exactly, this is what the manufacturer's policy is aiming for: ZERO maintenance ... (and therefore faster vehicle change?)

Too bad for the millions of people living on this ... they don't really have a say anyway ... : Evil:
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"