Fuel Saver: turbulence generator

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/05/07, 11:03

Ah Eloi! What designs!

To answer your Buga question, all these improvements that you get on old greedy engines put them in tune with modern engines: 7,5 l for a vehicle as small as a 104 is huge, 5,8 liters c ' is reasonable!

that said, knowing the thing as much is cheaper than changing cars
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
david29
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by david29 » 10/06/07, 20:29

Hello thank you for this interesting discussion.

Personal on my Primera Diesel 2.0L the question of the location was easy to solve: no probes or other electronic device. My first model with isoscel triangle only made me gain 0.4L / 100 or 6.2l / 100. 18 km journey with half of the city. My second seems to be more promising. I'm not at the end of the tank but I will keep you posted.

I would like to install a AVEC on the primera essence of my wife (model 1.8l 16s). First obstacle: it's electronic bard ....
I don't know if I should put it before or after the carburetor. Will the latter really break the vortex effect? Because in fact unlike Buga, the admission of ai does not break in two but is in continuity?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Kénavo

http://www.journalauto.com/nouveauxprod ... dnxprod=17
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 10/06/07, 20:56

personally, with my simple fuel, I see that it works ...
I do not know any more ..
a friend "confident in me but skeptical about the validity of my tests", I forced him to test it on the coast of the La Rochette campsite in Luxembourg.
downstairs, I made him take the wheel ..
ordered the order to take it, rather, because it irritated me with his skepticism ..
in front of him I removed the vortex, and the rubber, so left in the open air.
"go ahead, go up to the campsite" ..
with my 435, as much to say that the third did not hold in most of the coasts.
arrived at the top, I told him to turn around ..
below, I reassembled the vortex, simply housed in the curved rubber tube ... tube whose cross section is equivalent to the fuel ...
"go ahead"...
and after a few hundred meters, he asked me, laughing, if I had had time to change the engine.
the third held in the ribs, and the recovery was stronger ...

voila, point, I can't say anything else ...
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 11/06/07, 09:44

David29, I got my 10% savings by placing AVEC before the fuel. if I had had the courage I would have placed it after the carburetor or I would have put one per cylinder at the end of the intake pipe. It seems that it is better to put it as close as possible to the engine.
But as it is experimental and that I do not know the ideal AVEC form, I would often have to demote the carburetor or the intake pipe. I therefore preferred to put it upstream of the carburetor and I am surprised to have observed such a gain because I thought that turbulence in the carburetor would have a negative impact on performance and consumption.
It is quite trying to tinker with a VSLA without knowing exactly how it works.
Concerning the Primera 16s of your wife there must be a lot to gain (if I am not mistaken it must consume a max these engines there)
0 x
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hedge » 27/10/09, 15:38

Hello,

I wake up this thread whose reading, as well as the others, is very interesting.

I wanted to have a feedback on your experiences almost 2 years later ...

And yes, I'm almost new to this forum, I have been reading for a while, the time to consume all the wealth and not to post unnecessarily ...

Best regards,
Hedge
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/10/09, 16:07

Hello, and welcome to the forum active :D

For my part, I deleted everything, my editing only increased my consumption; it would be necessary to place a AVEC at the right of each cylinder to be effective

as we do on all new engines:

see the video here: http://auto-sciences.blogspot.com/2009/ ... 8869054658

in fact, if my wife's twingo consumes a lot, it's because the lambda probe is over 15 years old and the calculator works in degraded mode, the ideal would be to replace it

blows to compensate, I lured the air temperature sensor and everything went back to normal
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 27/10/09, 18:21

what I have learned from WITH c '(is that it can partially compensate for the imperfections of old engines where the carburetor was rather a "drip percolator".
but for more modern engines since the 70s, it seems that the performance of these engines eliminates the benefits of AVEC.
without swearing ...
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hedge » 29/10/09, 20:03

Ha yes impressive this engine!

So it can be of interest on an old gasoline engine from 1975 with "percolator" carburettor ... and in this case, a DIY WITH or a ready-made?

Again, I hope I don't repeat it, but I haven't read a "conclusion" about it so ...

Sincerely,
And thanks for the welcome ;-D
Hedge
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/10/09, 23:52

Well, the conclusion is, it only works really well if the AVEC is positioned at the fuel injection level.

that said, you have to adapt to the configuration of each engine.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hedge » 04/11/09, 20:14

Thank you for these responses !!

I think I'm going to look carefully at the old engine I think of .... :D
A 4cyl with 2 double body cabus, mechanical engine from 1975 which is very thirsty ... : Lol:

Thank you!
Hedge
0 x