Fuel Saver: turbulence generator

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
f4cvv
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by f4cvv » 20/03/07, 19:30

be careful not to have a vortex without a hole or close too much on itself
ride in a turbo engine
http://vortex.francophone.free.fr/viewsujet.php?id=95

and for septic vortex ..
Go look on
http://ozons.eco.free.fr/vortex.html
http://vortex.francophone.free.fr/
His gives ideas, and hope
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 07/04/07, 08:31

guys, me contrary to what is generally said, I had a direct result by putting it above the carburetor, and no result at all with that below the carburetor ...
and I think I understand something ....
for example on my deuche, under the carburetor, the air divides directly into two parts which spin 180 ° towards the cylinders ...
and the vortex below was located just above this separation ....
that is to say that if the intake pipe leaves about 7 cm high between the carburetor and the 2 intake pipes, which allows the gases to continue to rotate, and the suction to be done by going up towards the carb,
by putting the vortex there, I only have about 3,5 cm free, the vortex blades arriving almost at the height of the 2 intake tubes ....
probably then, the turbulence is greatly thwarted, even canceled ...

imagine a rotating air flow, with something that cuts it in half, visually, say a sheet metal plate ... the turbulence will be broken ...
here, the plate in visual sheet metal, it is the motor suction which acts according to the same principle, each side aspirating exactly half of the gases ...

I therefore think that a vortex, depending on the shape of the collector, may or may not work ....
that on the drawing I made, you can feel that with the vortex, the air is sucked in by exact half on each side ....
that without a vortex, the rotating air has all the room to descend, and the suction being done on a larger surface, it is carried out more proportionally, therefore retains a good part of the turbulence ....
What do you think????
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 07/04/07, 18:12

Hello

I think you are not reasoning properly
But it would be interesting to know if you had good results above the carburetor and bad results below, that intrigued me, because when I experienced this above, I had few results.

first in front of the butterfly which runs on large 1/4 open motor the vortex breaks and laminates in this butterfly.
Below the butterfly or you are on the wrong track especially on a 2 cylinder the suction flow is never done in both directions it is alternative on each side and it is short, pulsating
On a 6 liter V3,8 engine there are two turbulators two inputs per group of 3 cylinders.

Andre
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 08/04/07, 07:42

ah, that's right, the motor does not suck in on both sides at the same time; that said, with your motor, you probably have a constant suction direction, it seems to me that on the deuche; flow is reversed every time ..
either, not really think about it, but it does not work for me under the carb ....
I continue my tests, and I put them on the other post, that of AVEC ...
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 08/04/07, 09:40

ah yes, i just thought about it ...
on a 4 or 3 cylinder, starting from the underside of the carburetor, the vortex blades, the air goes roughly in the same direction ...
with a variation of angle depending on the angle between the first cylinder and the last ..
and the air intake, therefore of flow, does not stop ..... it changes angle, but always goes mainly in the direction of the engine ...
while on the deuche, the flow makes a 180 ° change of direction each time ... since the tubes are exactly 180 °, and therefore, the bottom of the vortex, receives opposite aspirations each time ... .
there is no "separator", nor "valve", therefore the air passes in one direction then in the other ....
I therefore suppose that the air which is in the left pipe, when the engine sucks towards the right, undergoes a depression, and tends to pass under the vortex in the other direction ...
therefore back and forth movements just under the vortex ....
which cancels out the turbulence ...
the only more advantageous solution would be to place a vortex at the inlet of each cylinder, or at the outlet of carburetor, but in the tubing of each cylinder ...
I will have to try, the gain could be greater than my large vortex of 71 mm ...
but there another question arises ....
with these large tubes ...
between the carburetor and the valves ...
the mixture has the leisure to transform itself a little, to be less good ....
I therefore suppose that it is better to put the vortex in the manifold but against the carburetor, history that the turbulence turns all along the intake tube ....
0 x
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 10/04/07, 19:52

Hi all turbulence generator experimenters,
I discovered this gadget last week and I couldn't help but test right away.
I have a Peugeot 104, 1124 cc petrol engine with carburetor (diameter 3). It usually consumes between 32L and 6.5L.
As I did not have the courage to dismantle the carburetor, I placed my contraption at the entrance of the carburetor (diameter 50). I made it from a thin, flat sheet of tea can. There are 9 fins inclined at 45 ° and protruding by less than 1 cm inside the tube.
This first prototype made me gain torque at low speed and reactivity, but made me lose 10km / h of top speed (140 at the link of 150 km / h)
I then tested other models:
-pales at 70 ° relative to the axis of the pipe: loss of acceleration, but at 4000 rpm the engine is racing and I can release the accelerator without it decelerating.
-45 ° blades almost joining in the middle so they are large: a small gain of torque at low speed, but very slow engine at all other speeds.

So I believe that there is an inclination of the blades for each engine speed and that if we want to drive normally (using a wide range of engine speeds) the blades must not be too large, or while they are Adjustable settings.
It is on this last point that I am currently studying. how to make a turbulence generator with variable geometry which is achievable with a minimum of tools, which is sufficiently solid not to be drawn into the engine, which is waterproof (to avoid air intakes) and controllable by cable?

Eloi
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 26/04/07, 13:16

well, I've been talking about a turbulence regulator for some time, without needing to do anything complicated ...
I made one, ordered by cable, but it does not give a result ...
I noticed errors in the calculations ...
I will have to start again ....
a cone, held in the center of the vortex, goes up and down, widening or narrowing the amount of air passing through the vortex, thus changing its speed of rotation ...
I will have to start my DIY again, but I will see that when I have time ...
0 x
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 26/04/07, 15:06

For my Peugeot 104 I finally have results On the last full I consumed 5.8 L / 100km on a journey or I usually consume between 6.5 and 7.5 L / 100km.
But I'm waiting for the next refill to be sure because we can't get an idea about a single refill.
FYI I tested 3 WITH on this tank: two made from a flat sheet and one (the one that did the most km) made from a small box of chestnut cream which had the right voucher diameter
All three had 9 blades but their shape and angle of incidence were not identical.

I virtually imagined and designed a "universal" turbulence generator in the sense that it is suitable for all engine speeds.
Here are some pictures (of course, viral)

In the 104 the carburetor is vertical (symbolized in brushed metal gray) and is capped with a plastic box through which the air arrives (by transparent) the vortex generator is the sawtooth part (gray PVC color) and that's it an enlargement of this room alone:

I think it should work up to a certain speed because it halves the opening surface. in my opinion it's worth a try and i think i will not deprive myself of it. as soon as I find a block of PVC and enough courage to get into it ...

Eloi
0 x
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 26/04/07, 16:36

I improved it a bit:

Eloi
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 01/05/07, 10:15

reflections to have for those who have made a AVEC and who have no result in a couple ...

on my deuche, I had an immediate result..from the low speed, and up to high speed .... increasing torque ....
so...
knowing that a small 435 cc like mine only goes up to around 5000/5500 revolutions ...
that the carburetor has a diameter of 51 mm ...
that I put only 6 blades, and that I leave the same diameter of air intake as that of the fuel ...

is it not advisable, that those which are in a state of failure, calculate the ratios of admission and speed of entry of air between my deuche and their car, as well as the other parameters;
and probably reduce the speed of turbulence to get the same ratio as my engine ?????

could this work ????

or else, on my second, it only works because my engine is "ancestral" ????
0 x