Reheating the air

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Tiboshadow06
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tiboshadow06 » 31/01/07, 15:14

Thank you all for your responses !

So I drop this idea of ​​reheating the air, but then do you have any tips to improve combustion?

I just have to find the addition of acetone and the magnets on the hose ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 31/01/07, 15:27

Bolt wrote:and to understand "NOx":
http://www.educauto.org/Documents/Infot ... DesNox.pdf

One thing that surprises me in this document is that the NOx and HC values ​​are fixed regardless of the displacement : Shock:

Which would mean that a small city car has the right to pollute as much / km as a V12 ... What is more, it would mean that vehicles, if they are not limited by their power, are by their pollution: the V12 would not have the right to more than the small city car, OR I do not really have the impression that the manufacturers are limited in power.
Perhaps these values ​​must be understood as being by fiscal horsepower ???
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 31/01/07, 15:30

I liked this paragraph:
"Diesel particulate filter (DPF): this system does not directly lead to a reduction in NOx, but it should be noted that EGR strategies always lead to an increase in particulate emissions (the lack of O2 prevents post-oxidation of soot ) and it is difficult to find a compromise between these two constraints.
Installation of the FAP authorizes significant EGR rates and makes it possible to reach the objectives of NOx reductions knowing that the particles emitted will be captured, which widens the compromise on the settings "
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 31/01/07, 16:32

yeah, well between the particles in the lungs and the nox for the greenhouse effect, I prefer to keep my health!
+ the particles are small and + they are dangerous (asbestos, depleted uranium, petroleum, etc.).

with educauto, educate your car! [/ I]
0 x