Recuperation of energy in the exhaust

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 13/01/07, 19:41

binbins4 wrote: why not add a second turbo downstream, it would be necessary to slightly open the relief valve to decrease its speed we could couple an alternator
and that would avoid limiting the 1st turbo

why not put your alternator directly on the 1st turbo? as long as the supercharging has not reached the maximum pressure, no excitation current, therefore no current production and no brake.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/01/07, 22:17

André said

I know one who does his electricity with a diesel engine, and he uses engine water and water-cooled exhaust to heat his chalet, he recovers the maximum

well yes, why not? we talked a few months ago about the recovery of heat from cow's milk by a German breeder (and quite confused about the recovery of heat from urine in the toilets of motorway service stations)

in Belgium, we are starting to install TGV (Turbine Gaz Vapeur) power stations, it's quite simple
Burners turn a gas turbine (turbojet type) and with hot gases, we make steam to turn a steam turbine (Baudour power station, among others). The performance is absolutely extraordinary: I have clients working there, I will ask for the figure.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be