Prototype Chambrin in realization of SuperCarburateur

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Sdc77
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Prototype Chambrin in realization of SuperCarburateur

by Sdc77 » 29/01/07, 12:57

Greetings.

We began to tinker with a system of our design inspired by the patents of Pogues, Chambrin and so on.

A little reminder for those who do not know it:
An internal combustion engine has a poor yield, of the order of 30%. And yes, 70% of the gasoline you put in is wasted!
Several reasons which will retain it: Burning time too short, essence in liquid form (not good!), Architecture more than outdated of our old piston engines.

Basically, a big chunk of the yield goes directly by the escape.

Our goal: to recover these wasted calories to send the engine not gasoline in liquid form but "something else", surely gasoline cracked in the form of hydrogen and carbon. How? 'Or' What ? At the exit of the exhaust we have approximately (engine under load) 700 °. At this temperature, gasoline dissociates by thermolysis. However, we know that water can also dissociate by thermolysis from 700 °. What we also know is that in the presence of carbon, it can dissociate at much lower temperatures. As gasoline is composed of hydrogen and carbon, we can therefore consider passing water through our system.

So it is a heat exchanger / admission heat exchanger.

Pogues, it's a little complicated since it just made a carbu !! having neither the technical means nor math spe, we will just be inspired by the spiral ...
Chambrin is an exchanger. We will retain the principle but not the form, too complex and not necessarily as effective as ours.
Pantone is all about it. But we will remember that the heat exchange is far too short (in distance) so surely less effective (on paper at least) compared to ours.

Here is how it looks like:

We have 2 spirals in one another. Red is lechapment. It comes out of the engine and comes directly to the center of the device. In the hole of 40mm of diameter.
The other spiral is admission. The flow is reversed to increase the exchange. Admission starts at the opposite end of the center (top right on the diagram) to get to the center and enter the engine.
For that, we used 2 thick 5mm steel plates taking in sandwish a sheet of 4m long and 8 / 10 thick !!! is an exchange length of 2m !! We are far from the few cm of pantone
To seal, we put up and down joints.

To format the 8 / 10 sheet of mm, I had a colleague break a Forex plate, a rigid white PVC outlet.
The sheet was then shaped and welded legs to keep it in shape once demolded from the forex.

We test on a 1.6L lada motor placed on the ground.

This weekend we could do a blank edit. We still have to connect the escape to the device and review the tightness of the spiral, because it pisses the gasoline and the engine coughs but does not start.
Here are the photos in bulk as well as the plan autocad du bignou:

http://sdch2o.free.fr/vrac/superCarb/essais/

Oh yes, we use 2 carbs, 1 for water, and the other for gasoline

You will excuse the poor quality of these photos but I only had my phone on me

ndc
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/07, 13:22

Waaw very good initiative!

I will follow this subject with interest! I find the photos very good for a GSM device;)

If not, how do you intend to charge the engine?

ps: I changed the subject title to make it more meaningful. I also put it in "Post-it"
0 x
Sdc77
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sdc77 » 29/01/07, 13:54

Hi Christopher.

On these engines, the starter is independent of the box. So we built the box at the end of which, if we have results only in gasoline, we solder a disc with brake pads to simulate a charge.

Yesterday we did a blank edit and a first attempt to start. The engine coughed and even turned for 5 seconds. But there is no depression to carbs: Our spiral is a true colander. It leaks everywhere, the essence flows freely and we imagine that the air too.
So I'm in charge of pumping the tightness of the spiral while my colleague finishes the exhaust collector.
Because yesterday we started the engine in free exhaust, just the intake and the 2 carbs were connected to the engine.

Weekend next connection of the exhaust and sealing of the intake pipes, tightness of the spiral and we hope, new tests : Mrgreen:

ndc
0 x
Pastekos
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pastekos » 29/01/07, 14:43

Hello,

I find this project very interesting, but a question taunts me.

Since the self-ignition temperature of the gasoline is turning to 300 ° C. And you say that the spiral will go up to 700 ° C.

What will happen in the spiral, the essence will not explode?

Nico.
0 x
Sdc77
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sdc77 » 29/01/07, 14:59

Uhhhhh, are you sure of the numbers you're going?
If gasoline auto-ignites at such a low temperature, we would surely not need spark plugs! Since only the compression of the mixture goes up to several hundred degrees ...
In addition, the pantone would be subject to the same punishment!
And I did not invent anything, Pantone and Chambrin either.
Our father at all I will say that it is Charles Pogues.
I am only interpreting a mix of all these systems.

ndc
0 x
Pastekos
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pastekos » 29/01/07, 15:05

Here is my source coming from a good site :)

https://www.econologie.com/les-carburant ... s-646.html

A +, Nico.
0 x
Pastekos
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pastekos » 29/01/07, 15:53

Well, I think we should not worry about this auto-ignition temperature.

This is an area I have been interested in for a while.

I have a document that should interest you.

http://n_aubert.club.fr/nicolasaubert/M2160_2003_CH5.pdf

A +, Nico.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 29/01/07, 16:06

Hello
Sdc77 wrote:Uhhhhh, are you sure of the numbers you're going?
If gasoline auto-ignites at such a low temperature, we would surely not need spark plugs! Since only the compression of the mixture goes up to several hundred degrees ...
In addition, the pantone would be subject to the same punishment!
And I did not invent anything, Pantone and Chambrin either.
Our father at all I will say that it is Charles Pogues.
I am only interpreting a mix of all these systems.

ndc

For the panton in 100% what goes into the reactor is so rich that even heated to 900c this will never light up
In a panton we let fuel go with very little air
it looks a little like a gas or the manufacture of charcoal, a reaction that is done with a small amount of oxygen, it emerges a gas and it is only that we add the air to make the right mix in the engine
the rule of the right ratio for the engine we can not pass next
it's like all explosion engines.
Chambrin made him pass all the carburetted mixture produced by the carburetor, but the exit should not exceed the 300c, it takes a very big exchanger to raise the temperature of all the air that the engine downstream (all the fuel with just a little of air to maintain the gouttelletes in suspention it is realizable)
makes a quick calculation of the weight of the air swallowed in an engine in one hour, and exhaust gases output the only heat usable in these processes.
In an oversized 100% panton it is possible to have equal temperature output exhaust reactor and exhaust gas reactor either half of the temperature exhaust motor output, these values ​​improve slightly with the full load of the engine.

Andre
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 29/01/07, 16:09

Hello,
The realization is remarkable, this exchanger should be very effective, but I worry about sealing. The bottom could be welded, but the lid? Would it not be possible to use a flattened welded and tight spiral (for gasoline), freely immersed in the flow of the escapement surrounding the spiral, all confined in an enclosure easier to seal because it would contain only the exhaust gas ?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/01/07, 16:15

Hi Sdc and all the others.

Sdc, your project seems to me full of promise but I nevertheless have a question (once you have solved your sealing problems): I was wondering if the fact, for your exhaust, to pass
  • of a 40mm pipe, i.e. a passage "surface" of

code: Select all

Pi x 20 x 20 = +/- 1256 mm2
  • to a spiral whose "passage dimensions" are +/- 10mm (width between 2 turns) x +/- 50mm (thickness of the spiral between the 2 plates) which gives a useful passage surface of the order of

code: Select all

50x10  = 500 mm2

Wasn't going to "choke" the engine by pressurizing the exhaust?

That's clear my question?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"