student hydrogen engine project

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
TRACK-project
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

student hydrogen engine project

by TRACK-project » 27/10/06, 08:57

Hello,

We are a group of students in 3rd year of engineering school (Hautes Etudes d'Ingenieurs in Lille, for those who know : Cheesy: ...). Within the framework of a project, we have to study the realization and the functioning of a vehicle with thermal engine with hydrogen. Several problems therefore arise for us: storage, production, etc. : Shock:
However, the main question remains the functioning of the engine itself thanks to hydrogen. How is it possible? :| We know that there are "conversion kits" that can be adapted on a gasoline engine. Can you tell us more about this? :?:

Some of you may have already modified your own vehicle ... Maybe we could get in touch ...

Thank you for your answers and see you soon.
Last edited by TRACK-project the 01 / 11 / 06, 15: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/10/06, 13:18

welcome guys

there are some interesting things happening close to you:

I refer you to the site of a Lille company, it's not pure H2 engine, but they probably have lots of things for you
show - hide (strike out unnecessary)

http://www.h2-developpement.fr/Francais/appli_bus.html

Thank you for keeping us informed.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
TRACK-project
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by TRACK-project » 27/10/06, 19:46

yes we are in contact with them right now. In truth it is our responsible teacher who gave us the info this morning at a meeting ... But thank you, it is already very nice to be interested in us.

Any other suggestions perhaps?

See you soon.
Last edited by TRACK-project the 01 / 11 / 06, 15: 23, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/10/06, 17:36

you can possibly take a look at the last pages of "improved electrolysis", there are a few links on the use of hydrogen
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
TRACK-project
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by TRACK-project » 17/11/06, 19:25

Hello everyone!

Here we are again after a period of silence ...

We obtained an interview with an H2 development project manager. This exchange was very interesting. We have learned that the aim of this project is to show that it is possible at a lower cost (10 euros all the same, but for manufacturers this represents a mouthful) to modify a 000l petrol engine so that it either bi fuel with hydrogen. The most important modification is the installation of an injection conversion kit. It is powered by gaseous hydrogen under pressure (2.0 bars) and it undergoes two detents: a first apparently before the kit itself (the pressure drops to 250 bars) and then one in the kit which includes a rail expansion valve (2 bars) The kit also includes a computer connected to the one existing on the petrol engine. It controls the injection and regulates the flow of hydrogen.

So much for the main principles. But we would like to have more details regarding these conversion kits. What is the detailed composition? Perhaps some of you have already installed these devices on your vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"