Ecoshell engine preparation

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/03/11, 23:19

citro wrote:
Flytox wrote:No it's not the same, put insulation between the fins is to gain little temperature before it squeezes the engine ..... there it is a question of keeping a normal operating temperature at the level of piston cylinder contact so that it works without problems, but that the gas charge stays hotter longer (50 to 150 °?) to lengthen a more effective trigger (more pressure and less unburnt). :P
Would you recommend removing the cooling fins. :?:

Not necessarily, the tests and temperature measurements give an indication of what we can afford. I had seen an engine prepared for this race based on AMIGO Honda where they had turned a good part of the fins, chai not what they got ... but they did not speak to me about breakage / tightening. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 28/03/11, 00:21

Regarding ceramics, in fact, it is found in the bearings of quite a few vehicles of the ecoshell.

For insulation, here are some photos taken from last year's competition in Germany:

0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 31/03/11, 20:38

Hello
ggdorm, have you thought of the molykote 7409 type anti-friction coating?
it is systematically used for the piston skirts of 2T engines in competitions:
Molykote coating
a layer on the piston, segments, vilo, camshafts, oil pump (if there is), that would help well.
in any case, it is imperative to take care of the balancing of the moving parts, to avoid vibrations (which are large losses and sources of breakages)
some useful reading: engine preparation > this book is a reference (see a bible)
Good luck !
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 31/03/11, 21:54

The graphite coating on the skirt of the piston is not bad for engines which have a small tendency to tighten and there is a better at high speed. :P

The problem is that almost all engine preparation books talk about modifications to gain power without taking care of fuel economy. Some solutions are of little interest. For example there is a Nikasil type cylinder coating also based on nickel and carbides which allows a kart to gain friction from 18000 rpm (compared to Nikasil), it's very good, but apart in karting, what are the drivers that can take advantage of it?

In the same way, or find a study on the angles of camshafts oriented fuel economy ???? : Cry: [/ Code]
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 31/03/11, 22:20

In fact I have the book that you advised me ... It is great, I can only recommend it!
In general, a lot of modifications allowing to gain in power allow the increase in the engine efficiency, which is a gain towards fuel economy. This book deals very simply with the whole of the possible preparations even if very little applies to my engine. In particular the work on the cylinder head which is made impossible although important ... But hey, less than 4 months to transform a carburetor engine into injection, program it, adapt it to bioethanol, carry out its pressurization and a basic preparation and write the TFE, I can't work miracles. The objective of this year is simply to have a rolling prototype and a little efficient.
Regarding the anti-friction coating, I will do a research in this direction!
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 31/03/11, 22:59

Hello,

And where are you in the chassis?

jlg
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 31/03/11, 23:08

The plans are finished. They will be made from 0.65 steel sheets that are folded into a U ... It is a tricyle chassis, 2 front wheels + swingarm with a rear steering wheel.
Currently, the sheets are in laser cutting, we will receive them next week so that the machine bends them and that the welding operations are carried out. We ordered the cutouts of 3 chassis for the tests. The swingarm is made of aluminum profile whose dimensions I do not know and which, apparently, are ordered. By April 15 at the latest, the chassis is available and tested.
I'll put you pictures tomorrow ...
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 01/04/11, 09:33

Here are some pictures of the machine. I cannot give details, it is not the fruit of my work.

0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 03/04/11, 16:10

I just received the necessary for the realization of our engine except the new rod which I have yet to calculate.

Following the 3D scanning at our sponsort (MecaSolutions of Wavre) of the mill, we recovered the engine. You can see the presence of the pellets on it on which the laser will look for points. The pieces are also powdered. I am not yet fully informed about the need for the powder:

Here is the injection. The quality is present despite a plan reading error when making the spacer:

We also have a thermistor to inform the electronic unit of the air temperature in order to obtain an ideal combustion. I plan to remove the terminal and drill the conical air filter to insert it.

In order to know the air pressure in the injection, we received a pressure sensor. We will not need it, the electronic box already having one. All you need is a hose that will be connected from the injection to the electronic unit.

0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/04/11, 21:35

ggdorm wrote: The pieces are also powdered. I am not yet fully informed about the need for the powder

It may be that the parts have been checked by Ressuage to look for surface anomalies and that there is developer powder left. If you have a UV lamp, approach it, and you will see a little yellow / green fluorescent color on certain parts. Once the control is finished, it is no longer useful and it must be cleaned (blow at least).

Powder coating can also be used to take photos on very shiny parts by mattifying them, otherwise the camera's setting becomes sharp to get a good shot.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"