Ecoshell engine preparation

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 23/03/11, 12:59

Axle

The consumption / power records are made by large motors, a very small RC motor for example does not have a good consumption ratio, it is a question of flame temperature and thermodynamics!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 23/03/11, 13:19

We can see its like that too, however the choice of the engine was not our responsibility unfortunately. To defend our engine, the current downsizing movement opposes the principle of large engines with a lower displacement engine profile, running at full speed and turbo compressed ...
I understand what you mean and I had made a comparison file between 3 Honda engines. The operating time being extremely reduced, I got lower consumption ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 23/03/11, 14:06

OK for down sizing, an overpowered engine that runs at no load consumes definitely more, this is the reason for the economy of a Hybrid, which is a shame is that they never released an engine that totally disengages from other cylinders.

Example Chrysler the inventor of this principle has a big 8 cylinders which can function on 4 when the requested power is lower but they are always mechanically coupled, Honda copied the principle on a 6 cylinders of their Odyssey minivan with the same problem.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 23/03/11, 14:21

I think it was citro who talked about cutting the engine at deceleration by mounting electrical systems independent of the engine which could also be powered by energy recovery under braking ... Quite judicious and not necessarily very hard to achieve with a few computer commands! It is hard to decouple one part of the motor from the other! In particular at the level of the games which would be created in the connection system and therefore of the phase shifts between the first 4 pistons and the last 4. A by mounting a decompressor, I think there is not too much solution ...
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 23/03/11, 22:01

Hello everybody
Alain, do you mean that there is a minimum amount of fuel to have an explosion at a sufficient temperature?
For fun we could easily tinker with 2 single or twin cylinder engines connected to each other with a simple centrifugal clutch and there is no problem of balancing or synchronization. With a load (or torque) detector on the transmission, the second motor starts if necessary. In the ranges of micro utility vehicles it can be interesting.

jlg
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/03/11, 22:58

Very small engines have an appalling thermal efficiency, a large part of the energy escapes through the walls (cylinder head, cylinder, piston). To reduce the phenomenon, you can try a thermal barrier on the cap of the piston (Yttrium zirconate type). Engine manufacturers have been trying this in the lab and in competition for years. Your engine does not run very fast, has a moderate load and you do not have endurance ... it can work. The problem is that it is difficult to deposit reliably without metallurgical tests / study and that it is very fragile.

The advantage the skin temperature of the cap remains warmer longer that decreases a good part of the heat losses. (downstream we can reduce the piston / cylinder clearance for better sealing / compression)

http://www.achats-industriels.com/dossiers/411.asp

I no longer find the link but there is one that talks about a Diesel application in development. The yield is all the better as the coating is thick, lack of pot, when it is thick (0.5 to 1 mm) it no longer holds .... : Cry: From memory, the attachment is 0.02 to 0.05 mm of Nickel / Alu and above it is deposited a layer of approximately 0.10 to 0.15 mm of Yttrium zirconate). It's a plasma depot, there is a shop in Switzerland that makes this kind of deposit for competition vehicles (name?) :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 23/03/11, 23:28

Hello,
Indeed, this is a track that a lot of people from ecoshell use. They make it simpler, simply glass wool between the fins and around the engine ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/03/11, 23:31

No it's not the same, put insulation between the fins is to gain little temperature before it squeezes the engine ..... there it is a question of keeping a normal operating temperature at the level of piston cylinder contact so that it works without problems, but that the gas charge stays hotter longer (50 to 150 °?) to lengthen a more effective trigger (more pressure and less unburnt). :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/03/11, 00:13

Flytox wrote:No it's not the same, put insulation between the fins is to gain little temperature before it squeezes the engine ..... there it is a question of keeping a normal operating temperature at the level of piston cylinder contact so that it works without problems, but that the gas charge stays hotter longer (50 to 150 °?) to lengthen a more effective trigger (more pressure and less unburnt). :P
Would you recommend removing the cooling fins. :?:
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 26/03/11, 09:51

Hello,

In the case of these batch operations they must find the balance to have the best temperature without arriving at the tightening.
It remains to be seen whether the engine cools down enough during the stop time to resume the next cycle. Would removable pilot-operated insulation help?
I work a little this way during the winter with my AX which runs 8 km. The engine is preheated for starting in the morning, it is caulked and I removed 1.5 l of oil.
We have been talking about ceramic parts for engines for a long time but I have not seen any applications, do they use them in these competitions?

jlg
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"