vegetable oil consumption

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

vegetable oil consumption

by laurent_caen » 17/09/06, 11:47

one more question: does the use of correctly filtered vegetable oil increase fuel consumption and if so in what proportion?
can we, for example, fill the tank, say with 30% vegetable oil, will the oil mix properly with diesel, will there not be any pbs of viscosity?
what is the calorific value of vegetable oils compared to that of diesel?
thank you in advance

ps: for a peugeot 309 GLD
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/09/06, 18:03

Hello

In my case with 100% vegetable oil it varies between canola and peanut, but it's more than with diesel,
in my best with pants I managed to lower 6,5 liters of egasoil and with the oil it is in my best 7,2 liters but I do not have enough km to arrive precise,
since i started oil I have around 4000km at the start mixed and now 100% this involves a lot of readings because I start on diesel and I stop on diesel, I only count the oil and the kms done in oil.
there is also that I sometimes drive more savagely with oil
Consumption goes up ..
The exhaust temperature increases with the oil.

Andre
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 17/09/06, 18:34

at the big fair, near my house, I saw yesterday on a stand of an agricultural machine, a big new tractor displays: I turn in vegetable oil, I opened the tank, I felt :odeur de gaz oil, I dropped it, surely to hang customers
further I buy a miracle additive, I keep you running.
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
delnoram

Re: vegetable oil consumption

by delnoram » 17/09/06, 20:03

laurent_caen wrote:one more question: does the use of correctly filtered vegetable oil increase fuel consumption and if so in what proportion?
can we, for example, fill the tank, say with 30% vegetable oil, will the oil mix properly with diesel, will there not be any pbs of viscosity?
what is the calorific value of vegetable oils compared to that of diesel?
thank you in advance

I can only answer you on 30% max.
For the mixture I have no problems until then, the mixture is stable. (20 to 25% max in winter).

For the consumption I rather noted a drop of 0.4 liters / 100 (measurement over 1 year), to postpone in part I think more about the detergent power of the oil which could clean certain parts of the engine.

I drive very little, so I don't have a very long distance in kilometers :|
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: vegetable oil consumption

by Woodcutter » 17/09/06, 21:23

laurent_caen wrote:one more question: does the use of correctly filtered vegetable oil increase fuel consumption and if so in what proportion?
For my part, when I switched to oil at 30% a year ago, I first very slightly increased my average consumption by around 0,3 l / 100 (7,45 to 7,75 , XNUMX).
Subsequently, with an additive and then a motor treatment, I went back on average under the old pure GO consumption (7,10 l).
Then when I stopped the HPV in June, I dropped again in average consumption but by only driving at pure GO (6,80 l).

But there, again supplied with HVP, I refueled at 6,30 l / 100. : Shock:
I have covered 1200 km, breaking down into:
- 800 km of highway at 135 km / h of verified average.
- 300 km of expressway at 100-110 plus a few traffic jams
- 100 km of country roads and a little town.

I added 23 ml of acetone to my 60 l of mixing oil.
I don't know if it's acetone but this really low consumption for a 1400 kg car surprises me (it's an XM Turbo D).

laurent_caen wrote:can we, for example, fill the tank, say with 30% vegetable oil, will the oil mix properly with diesel, will there not be any pbs of viscosity?
I make my mixture by first putting the oil and then filling up with GO immediately after. It's a bit risky according to the reviews on Olio, but for the moment it works (and I "shake" the car when leaving the station).
In absolute terms, it would be better to mix it in a can and pour it afterwards, but it is very painful to handle 20 l cans to fill up with a car ... Or else use steel jerry cans fitted with a plug with a pouring pipe is already less problematic ...

laurent_caen wrote:what is the calorific value of vegetable oils compared to that of diesel?
thank you in advance

Palm 36700 KJ / kg
Rapeseed 36000 KJ / kg
Diesel 42500 KJ / kg
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/09/06, 00:03

Hello

For the consumption I rather noted a decrease of 0.4 liters / 100 (measurement over 1 year), to postpone in part I think more about the detergent power of the oil which could clean certain parts of the engine

the oil cleaned can be the tank and the fuel lines, I would say that it pickles the brass lines
but in the segments it makes a whole gum if you do not walk hot enough, and in the engine oil it cleans the kidney it makes molasses, all the oil injected must be burned that is why the engine must be hot when it runs on oil, I advise you to start with cold engine oil, the least risky solution is to walk with two tanks, with diesel to start and then warm up with hot oil plus 70c .. if not you will not exceed 50 km
for direct injection even more risky, preferable indirect injections less oil spray on the top of pistons.

Andre
0 x