Honeycomb at engine inlet

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 29/04/13, 22:54

Hello
Remundo wrote:a flat grid with holes, it makes a lot of turbulence.

deflecting and quite distant vanes, it is the opposite.

But you know, fluid mechanics is a big rascal ... :P

the grid is 8 to 12 mm thick depending on the model.
as the air intake before the carburetor makes a very short 90 this should rectify the trajectory.

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 30/04/13, 08:59

We talked a lot, in an era of ionization, and Christophe mentioned it again.
Such a device sweeping a large surface of the air passage makes possible more efficient ionization of the air.

Another area of ​​experimentation to explore ... : Arrowl:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/04/13, 15:55

I think for my part that it should stabilize the air by replacing a big turbulence (or the butterfly behaves a bit like a whistle) by microturbulence. Basically, replace a big wave with wavelets and break the resonance.

For the rest, who will try will see.

These are airplane engines, I suppose?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Honeycomb at engine inlet

by gildas » 03/05/13, 13:45

Hello,
Andre wrote:View of a forum Certain American puts a honeycomb grid just before the carburetor or the butterfly for injection engines

As a reminder, you should also try the grid in the shape of thimbles from Mr Bouteleux which improves combustion.

http://quanthomme.free.fr/qhsuite/2006N ... teleux.htm
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/05/13, 21:55

Gildas wrote:Hello,
Andre wrote:View of a forum Certain American puts a honeycomb grid just before the carburetor or the butterfly for injection engines

As a reminder, you should also try the grid in the shape of thimbles from Mr Bouteleux which improves combustion.

The thimble is placed downstream of the carburetor to homogenize the air and gasoline. Also, it must work well on a "sluggish" 2-stroke engine (do not try on a motorcycle that makes more than 150 hp per liter : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other

by Other » 04/05/13, 03:21

Hello
The main reason that we are trying to improve is the equal distribution of the mixture in the 4 cylinders to have a smooth operation without vibrations (this problem was known on VW cocinel monocarburator.)

It is far from being optimizing these carburetors and these simple rustic construction engines where everything is focused on operational safety.
The observation that we make on these engines equipped with exhaust temperature sensor and cylinder head on each cylinder we see that the 2 rear cylinders work poorer, especially butterfly partially closed (cruise)
If we examine the entry of the angled emulsion tube which opens into the small secondary venturia, the butterfly promotes a richer flow of fuel to the front cylinders.
This is especially noticeable when adjusting the mixture, by a vibration and a higher temperature of the rear cylinders
in the end so that the engine works well, the front cylinders are richer and the rear cylinders are at the right ratio.
Because of the construction of the very rudimentary air intake box with a flap for air heating, in case of icing.
This 90 degrees abrupt entry of the carburetor, the passage in the honeycomb is supposed to direct the flow of air intake in the venturia (this does not completely solve the problem of the butterfly.)
Everything is set it remains to pass the tests

0 x
Other

by Other » 06/05/13, 04:12

Hello
Gildas wrote:Hello,

the thimble is replaced by a screen for some motor
https://www.denniskirk.com/H16008.sku?u ... Mgod-iAAOw

It is on this forum as the documented explanation of the honeycomb at the carburetor inlet.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/s ... 025&page=4

Yesterday a small flight locally runs too much modified to get away from the nest
at first see no power loss rather a small gain
the first observation is that I can operate the engine at low speed without vibration 1900 2000 rpm before ten below 2200 too much vibration
My companion tested the honeycomb today 50 rpm more in maximum power temperature of the 4 more equal cylinders. It remains to test by depleting the mixture the behavior of the engine.

Andre
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 31/05/13, 07:45

And since?

Do you have a first assessment?

Goods.
0 x
To argue.
Other

by Other » 03/06/13, 01:50

Hello
Aumicron wrote:And since?

Do you have a first assessment?

Goods.

In my case I just did 3 hours of flight and as I have a problem on a cylinder (a rather low differential pressure measurement.)
the first engine reports smoother operation less vibration, use at low speed without vibration, no loss of power, no precise consumption tests (I will remove this cylinder, replace it, piston segment valves and redo rigorous tests. )
my companion on a new 180 hp engine, equipped with numerous measuring instruments, he noted a gain in power, a slight drop in consumption, remains to be checked over a longer period, a more balanced temperature on the EGT (exhaust) of 4 cylinders, cylinder head temperature fairly equal on the 4 cylinders. It is a new pilot also the weather is not better than in Europe it takes better condition for a pilot who has not accumulated many hours.

Also to read some comments, I am not very warm to write on the forum experience results after reading similar bullshit.

Except in the case of the “Canadian buddy” with his Lycomchozing plane with VW Polo air filter, “made-in-made-by-myself”. In this case, and in this case only, the additive - in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions - would be "good". Damn, that doesn't work, it's a navion.

a guy wonders what the knowing Jo is going to come out? Waste time answering him, on subjects that do not interest him who does not master, no thanks .....

Andre
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 04/06/13, 20:14

Hello,
Andre wrote:The main reason that we are trying to improve is the equal distribution of the mixture in the 4 cylinders to have a smooth operation without vibrations (this problem was known on VW cocinel monocarburator.)

The other reason is that we could enrich the mixture with gasoline if combustion improved.
On old engine with carburettor (without catalytic converter) there would be no more "holes" during acceleration, and perhaps the passage to the technical control would be good at the level of CO. (Measurement of pollution)
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"