My opinion on the additive C99 Mecarun (it works!)

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/11/10, 14:20

The bodywork does not justify as much difference.

Not sure, because you have to look at the wind difference, the square of the height for the same width !!
And that increases very quickly !!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/11/10, 14:38

The drag of a station wagon is more important and often there are bars on the roof.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/11/10, 18:04

: Arrow: Do not be systematically against additives ...
I (a little) worked in the automobile and I tried various commercial additives too.
Some products are very effective and most of them correspond to a very specific use.

Anti-friction additives using, for example, "silicone oil", are remarkable if used as soon as the engine is finished breaking in.
Motorists ATTENTIVE to their consumptions note a decrease in consumption between the purchase of the new vehicle and a mileage varying between 10 and 30.000km. Then the consumption stabilizes.
I had in the hands of customers treated vehicles that were so amazing: no clicks, engine noise of V6 on a 4 cylinder and occasions and a significantly improved torque.

However, the gain in consumption, if it can possibly be measured, does not exceed the 10%, which is the gain that most econologist motorists can obtain with intelligent driving ...

I also used fuel additives, some of which were supplied for the first oil change by a major manufacturer. Here again the results were convincing. My BX purchased at 200.000km only worked in ON / OFF mode, it did not respond to intermediate throttle positions. The treatment brought the situation back to normal, but no gain in consumption ...

To conclude, these products contribute to the proper maintenance and longevity of a vehicle. Most of these additives are also integrated in high-end lubricants and fuels ...
:?
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 10/01/11, 14:23

I know the mecha-run range rather well and I have never found the C99 very formidable, the "Top Racing" gives good results on a prepared engine (competition ..)

the equivalent of "C99" for domestic fuel oil works quite well.
the very good product of the range is the P18 (anti-friction)

it is "militec" bought in bulk and repackaged but it is a very good product.

for the ZX BK, besides not having the same CX as the sedan, it also weighs about 70kg more.
besides, if it's a society, the bridges are not multiplied the same.
0 x
I eat less I pollute less, I'm full of water ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/03/13, 23:52

: Arrow: I used 3 doses of Mecarun C99 between October and December 2012 ...
Unfortunately, I now ride very little with my gasoline vehicle (Citroën Easion 2 petrol liters of 225.000km at the time of the test).

My consumption has not changed significantly, they have even increased but nothing measurable.
I felt an improvement (subjective ???) of flexibility and motor silence, but not quantifiable.

In short, nothing that justifies, in my eyes the use of C99. :?

However, I would continue to use engine additives, including fuel additives, periodically because their effect is significant on the operation of the engine.

I am reluctant to use certain additives that degrade in the engine during the rise in temperature and release toxic substances, including compounds based on PTFE.

Products sold in supermarkets represent a suitable price / quality compromise. Mecacyl products are very expensive (too ???) but I have not used them for a long time and it seems that their formulation has changed ...
I occasionally use a fairly well-known and reputable "silicone oil" in industrial and military circles.

I do not yet have an opinion on the remétallisants which I have seen in the short term spectacular effects. I do not know if their long-term use is desirable for the longevity of the engine.
:?: :|
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/03/13, 01:38

Hi Citro!

There is one thing that does not lie is the transparency of the oil even after 35 000 kms!

For me it is the proof of the effectiveness of the product.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/03/13, 21:49

I use the pre-drain cleaner and I get clean oil when I drive with LPG that does not clog engines ...

But in diesel, my oil became black again ... :?
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 11/03/13, 22:12

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

I just did a search with pre-emptying cleaner

that's what I found lol

source: http: //www.toolatelier.com

quote:
Directions:
Before emptying:
With the engine warm, pour the contents of the vial at 10 at 15% of the capacity of the sump.
Drive 200 km or turn engine off for about 15 minutes.
Then drain, change imperatively the oil filter and add new oil.

so if I understand correctly if you let your engine run for 15 min it's as if you had rolled 200 km

0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 11/03/13, 22:31

Macro could you send me in mp the name of your pre-drain cleaner or here? as to do the drain of titin 306 td I would like to do it thoroughly :) ...

Otherwise I read that the hydraulic oil could do the same thing ???
info intox?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/03/13, 05:32

Personally I do not see the interest of a pre-emptying cleaner that I've always been told that is to make $ on the back of consumers but if you believe it ...

If you use a good oil and a good additf on all the oil change there is no hamper that accumulates!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain