Make a hybrid 205 Peugeot (petrol / electric)

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
moimart1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Make a hybrid 205 Peugeot (petrol / electric)

by moimart1 » 23/01/11, 21:11

Hello everybody

I'm thinking about adding an electric motor to my 205, and I need your advice, as well as your criticism of the system I want to install.

The aim of the game is to couple an electric motor in parallel with the petrol engine (TU3, for connoisseurs ^^).
To the right of my engine, I have the gearbox, so it's complicated to modify.
On the left I have the alternator pulley, and the dream will be to double this pulley and attach my electric motor to it via a belt.

This electric motor will be powered by a battery (ies), and will be recharged by an alternator which will be triggered only if the accelerator pedal is released

The "problem" with my mode of operation is that I do not drive the wheels directly, but the engine. It will work in the best case with engine braking.

Is this "good" for him? Is this the right choice of operation? Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Martin
0 x
Flytox

Re: Making a Peugeot 205 Hybrid (Petrol / Electric)

by Flytox » 23/01/11, 21:34

It's weird what you wanna do : Shock:

The alternator belt will not allow you to spend a lot of power (2 or 3 kw?), You want to add a second alternator, another belt pulley, an engine, batteries ... it seems a bit heavy to me / complicated ... for such low power. If the goal is fuel economy, chui a little doubtful : Cry:

It would be simpler to put only a dynastart in place of the alternator. But not if the yield is very good ...
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
moimart1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moimart1 » 23/01/11, 21:46

The goal is to reduce consumption.
And I thought that coupling an electric motor would help.

I also thought about putting 2 motors on the rear wheels but the mechanics of the 205 does not allow it ...

If you were told to turn a car into a hybrid car, what would you do? (that's what interests me ^^)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/01/11, 21:53

There are lots of posts on related topics. AMHA you have to start from a small and light box ..... chai not if you have the means / time / knowledge, but it's a big adventure .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/01/11, 23:21

: Arrowu: + 1 with Flytox.
In addition if the TU3 begins to show its age, it starts to smoke blue (HS valve stem seals) ... Not to mention its performance ...

If you really want to "tinker", find yourself an AX, a sax or an electric 106 ...
There you will have a real good base to hybridize.

I too have thought about it for my 106 electric, but in use I do not need it, it would have been anti-economic.
: Lol: :P
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Making a Peugeot 205 Hybrid (Petrol / Electric)

by oiseautempete » 24/01/11, 00:22

moimart1 wrote:This electric motor will be powered by a battery (ies), and will be recharged by an alternator which will be triggered only if the accelerator pedal is released

The "problem" with my mode of operation is that I do not drive the wheels directly, but the engine. It will work in the best case with engine braking.

Drop it, it's completely ineffective that way and the recoverable energy is ridiculously low given the large engine brake of the piston engine ...
In addition as it has been said, with the power transmission that you imagine, it would require a very weak electric motor, so useless ...
Citroën had studied a deceleration recovery system, which disengaged the piston engine, but installed directly in place of the clutch: the dynalto, abandoned because not efficient enough in relation to the cost, replaced by the stop & start system with alternating starter driven by a ribbed belt, without recovery during deceleration, nor power input ...
0 x
moimart1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moimart1 » 24/01/11, 00:25

As I am a fan of my 205 (a little less at the time of full) I prefer to modify this one

I do not see the difference between modifying an AX or a sax compared to the 205? weight and more?

Knowing that I need an autonomy of at least 100km (to reach my student city), I had abandoned all electric and hybridization seemed to me a good compromise ...

I do not understand that the poor performance of the engine is a problem on the contrary this is why I want to modify it.
In addition, he is still young, he only has 120 km ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/01/11, 08:30

moimart1 wrote:As I am a fan of my 205 (a little less at the time of full) I prefer to modify this one

I do not see the difference between modifying an AX or a sax compared to the 205? weight and more?
I was talking about 106, AX or ELECTRIC Saxos of origin, like mine. :?
moimart1 wrote:Knowing that I need an autonomy of at least 100km (to reach my student city), I had abandoned all electric and hybridization seemed to me a good compromise ...
100km is not unacceptable.
A friend of mine has more than 250 km of autonomy on his electric AX ... 8)

Otherwise, there is also the conversion of fumante to VE. : Idea:
You wouldn't be the first to do it on a 205:

et Image

have been driving electric 205 for several years ... : Mrgreen:

0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 24/01/11, 09:14

Uh, citro, he's a student, do you think he can save the tens of thousands of euros needed for an electrical conversion? that's just a booze thing, no student ...
Only with the price of the batteries necessary for an electric capable of 100km (which will need to be recharged to return ...) you can buy a new C1 gasoline which consumes 5L / 100km on average!
A minimum of realism doesn't hurt ...
0 x
moimart1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moimart1 » 24/01/11, 09:18

Ok I give up the hybrid ...
I also said to myself that nothing found on the internet about the transformation into a hybrid was suspicious ...

Just one last question:
We imagine I transform me 205 into 100% electric, ok everything works but is it not 100% prohibited?
How do I do for insurance? technical control?
0 x