Make a hybrid 205 Peugeot (petrol / electric)

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/02/11, 14:58

So look at our Canadian friends, there’s more than one who drives mac frying oil.
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 04/02/11, 15:39

kumkat wrote:from memory it is forbidden to install any hydrogenerator system on a watercourse without authorization, it is linked to the strict prohibition to divert the course of any watercourse or river, prohibition created to not no risk of reducing the volume of water arriving at EDF dams ...
I knew a friend of a friend who ended up at the job fifteen years ago for wanting to play with this little game, micro hydro generator and brutal fall of its consumption of elec, edf made a unexpected check, found his little system and complained ...

Well, let's go, let's let EDF and the state take over the watercourses, we're more like that ... :?

I know there is nothing we can do, but hey, it itches a bit sometimes that what is happening in North Africa is contaminated in our countries : Mrgreen: !

Otherwise it is a petrol engine it seems to me :!: so not too much solution in sight to improve the bazaar.
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/02/11, 16:21

We do not have to agree, but I can assure you that it is not everyone does as he wants when he wants ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/02/11, 23:16

Macro wrote:... The fact remains that the financial cost (only from an energy point of view) of MY trips would be multiplied by 5 with an electric car today.While sacrificing my comfort .. (go from a minivan to a microcar)
Your problem is there ... Just like GW BUSH who refused that the USA reduce their CO2 emissions by arguing not to want to question the standard of living of Americans, you refuse to question yourself.

Personally, I consider having increased my comfort by separating from my big Volvo for my daily trips. And when I get on the electric scooter, I find that the pleasure of being able to circulate in silence and without odor even if the traffic is congested is even greater comfort.
But I chose to reason differently, to change paradigm, to create my repository ... Some call it being sectarian ... I find that I am not even original, and especially that I waited too long in listening too much to the arguments against the electric vehicle made by people who did not know ...
Now, I know, and what a joy to no longer feel like the pigeon of a system that tells us that we must consume 5 to 10 liters of fuel when only 2 liters are actually used to move you and that the rest is wasted. .
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/02/11, 23:29

moimart1 wrote:I get out of the electric to go back to the history of my 205 ...
A question like that?
Can an LPG car work on methane?
Yes, this is called CNG (Natural Gas Vehicle).
To have 200km of autonomy, you must compress the gas to 200bar and have a special tank (8bar only for LPG).
I never managed to have precise data, but the energy necessary to compress 15 m3 of gas at this pressure would consume almost as much electricity for 100km as an electric car, you then have to pay for the gas ...

In Bordeaux, the ecologists are anti EV (on the grounds that the VE runs on nuclear power) and pro NGV (on the grounds that gas is natural, like petroleum, what ...)
0 x
moimart1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moimart1 » 05/02/11, 10:12

Yep 200 bar anyway!
Sure, my idea of ​​putting a wind turbine to compress the gas falls into the water (a shame for a wind turbine ... ^^)

In addition I planned to make gas by methanation, but a gas compressed to 200bar for 200km, I can not even imagine the quantities ...

Technically, what is the difference between an LPG and Methane car?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/02/11, 11:42

moimart1 wrote:... but a gas compressed at 200bar for 200km, I can't even imagine the quantities ...
the tanks take up as much space as LPG tanks but are more resistant while allowing half the autonomy (CNG contains less energy) ...
At 200 bar, approximately 200 liters of gas are stored at ambient pressure in 1 liter of volume (for simplicity).
moimart1 wrote:Technically, what is the difference between an LPG and Methane car?
LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) is a mixture of butane and propane which has the particularity of liquefying when they are compressed at low pressure (less than 8 bar). 1 liter of liquid LPG = approximately 210 liters of gas LPG.

The difference between an LPG installation and a CNG installation is mainly at the level of the tank, the duct and the filling orifice and at the level of the pre-expansion valve which reduces the tank pressure to around 8 bar to transfer the CNG near the engine compartment where the regulator and the rest of the metering system are located.
The entire front part of the kit (regulator and metering) is very similar to that of LPG, with a few adjustments.
0 x
moimart1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moimart1 » 05/02/11, 12:19

Thank you very much for all these details!
0 x
moimart1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moimart1 » 05/02/11, 12:28

I have an idea on my mind but I think it will remain an idea for a long time ...

If I find an LPG car and I add tanks to avoid too much compression, it would be after a few adjustments to the change of parts possible to run on methane ??
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/02/11, 16:47

An idea !
Put the methane-producing cows in a trailer behind the car !!
0 x