"Regulator" or "variator" lever ...

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

"Regulator" or "variator" lever ...

by buga » 26/04/07, 09:46

Hello..
incomplete title ..
"operating with the number of engine revolutions ..."

I wonder if there is not a mechanical system allowing by lever, to change, to regulate, to vary, whatever it is, starting precisely from the number of engine revolutions ...
compared to a rev counter, for example ...
for any research or application whatsoever, in the areas that concern us here, for pantones, etc.
that it is the vortex regulator that I am trying to develop ... the admission of steam, fuel, water, etc .....
a system which would be existing with lever, would make it possible to seek the best compromise in all this research, by simply varying the length of the lever ....

maybe I did not search well and this system does it exist ...
maybe it would be interesting that a connoisseur in electronics make the invention ....

Well.;
-There are variators advance to ignition by vacuum ...
on ignitions of cars with fuel ...
but the result, it seems to me, also depends on the opening of the throttle valve ???? of the load ???
I therefore think that using this vacuum would not allow a lever movement exactly proportional to the number of revolutions minutes ...
- the variation of adjustment coupled to the accelerator pedal, does not give good results, except ... for a very powerful engine, and a driver who presses very methodically on the pedal ...

finally, a small system with diamond-shaped levers, would allow, if necessary, to couple the support on the gas pedal, and the system of variation according to the number of engine revolutions, to possibly obtain by adjusting the levers of this diamond, an adjustable compromise between the number of turns, and pressing the pedal ....
for applications that require this compromise ...
the whole would not take up much space, and the transmission can be done by bicycle cable ...

what to think ????

would i have already talked about that ???
because for the moment, it seems to me that I am repeating myself; Alzheimer is no longer too far from me ... or else it is madness, I do not know ....
hahahaha
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 26/04/07, 16:48

Hello

on the old distributors with platinized screws (delco), you have a system with weights brought back by springs which varies according to the tr / engine.

looking on a simca 1100 or 1000 (but there is elsewhere)

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 26/04/07, 19:59

There are also the 103SP centrifugal clutches which vary according to the number of engine revolutions. But here it is about rotation.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 27/04/07, 09:08

the centrifugal weights also exist on the deuches, but locked in the case, behind the engine ...
indeed, a centrifugal thing could work, but it requires a whole installation on an axis rotating at the speed of the motor, and a system converting the movement turning on a lever ...
not easy to achieve, and different for each car, since the place to put it down and the speed are different each time ...
I would rather have thought of a system based for example on a tachometer, which would make it possible to build a similar system for each car, allowing a single device prototype to be produced, and which could be used by all experimenters of various solutions, whether it is pantone or vortex, or other, without the experimenter having to "reinvent" this lever system for his car ....
but tinkering with magnets and coils is not my thing ....
the only alternative solution that I see in the immediate future is the heating control cable from deuche, which I have to handle with each variation in speed, you will agree that it is not effective .... and I suppose that each experimenter would see in such a system, if there were a solution for any proportional adjustment ...
is there not an existing device, operating on the principle of the odometer with magnet and coil, and transmitting the indication on a needle, but more powerful, larger ???
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/04/07, 18:30

in the days of steam engines, there was the watt regulator.

the balls turned and went higher and higher, and that actuated a valve, which slowed down the engine, etc ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 28/04/07, 08:16

of course, but the watt regulator could only regulate one pressure ....
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/04/07, 09:53

Why ? the watt regulator converts a number of turns into a rectilinear movement: you do what you want with it.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 28/04/07, 13:34

ah-haaaaa ..
I see better what you mean ....
connected for example on the belt ....
but if I'm not mistaken, a watt ball system can only be used vertically ...
think about it, thanks for the idea .....
I suppose that with the weight of the balls, the reaction delay is tiny ...
and even so, one could voluntarily produce a delay yourself, if the reaction of the change of setting (any) should not occur instantaneously, by a system of wiper for example ...
it seems to me that making this system could be very interesting .... and quite easy ....
there I think we have something .....
only, the limited space available in modern cars, could complicate its use .....
here is a primitive sketch ....
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 28/04/07, 19:56

Buga wrote:and even so, we could voluntarily produce a delay (...)

For the delay, you can also mount either the balls or the axis of rotation on a rigid spring or on a rubber "silent block".
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/04/07, 22:49

:? If you consider the total stroke of your governor, you can imagine a position of the governor corresponding (for example) to the idle (or cruising) speed of your engine.
Below you create delay, and above you generate advance. : Mrgreen:

On my 24hard panhard, the starter zipper rotated the delco head to create ignition delay. By pushing back the starter I returned to zero point then I gave the advance. A centrifugal and / or vacuum device completed the system.
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"