Boric acid - fuel saving insecticide

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

Boric acid - fuel saving insecticide

by Christophe » 20/08/07, 10:39

Boric acid (H3BO3) is rather known as a fairly common insecticide. Surprisingly, scientists from the US Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory have found a way to use it to limit friction in the engines and thus reduce fuel consumption. The key to making this product a "super-lubricant" is to reduce its size to the nanoscale.

Recently, Ali Erdemir realized that by adding these nanoparticles no longer to engine oil but to the fuel itself, it was again possible to reduce its friction.

What followed

The secret of MPG Caps? :D
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 20/08/07, 12:56

Hello
do we know what Total or the other oil companies put in their "plus" type diesel?
and they sell more expensive obviously
I use them with my eyes closed, on their good faith and I have never measured anything.
Am i wrong

Colmant
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 20/08/07, 13:26

Indeed, it seems to make "sheets" like for graphite, but on a molecular scale.
Considering that MPG caps are made up of "plants", I wouldn't be surprised if a certain plant produced a lot of boric acid. Which one and why, I don't know, but that would be cheaper to mine than to go for minerals rich in boron.
According to the "cuvées" of this plant, one could also imagine that the quantity of boric acid is better or worse. This would explain the random results depending on the arrival of pellets.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/07, 15:55

Bof Abyssin ... the test of combustion in the open air of a caps + gasoline mixture made by Maloche revealed a smell of burnt plastic ... I doubt that such a smell comes from "plants" but hey you never know ... what is the smell of burning a "plastic" bag made from vegetable starch?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/08/07, 17:15

boron is indeed an interesting material:

it is extremely resistant and very light: more than carbon fiber (boron composite)
boron nitride harder than diamond

I remember seeing boric acid used to slide the tiles on dance parties

I invite you to read boron and boric acid on wikipedia
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/07, 17:58

Take the milky white oil we talked about on the forum a few months ago was not boron-based precisely?

Edit: bingo and it was a year ago already ...

https://www.econologie.com/forums/huile-0w40 ... t2153.html
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 14/09/07, 15:06

Found on mpgresearch(in English) :
Some try to add boric acid (borate or boron salt) in engine oil or better, in water injected in vapor as so do here.
I have not yet focused too much on the results (miles per gallon, the conversion is not simple), but for those who are interested, I let you peel these few pages.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 14/09/07, 15:27

Hello

He should look into ruhbarbe juice or oxalic acid
instead of putting vinegar in the water. Also there is a little something, although I know nothing in chemistry, but I try with all the risk that this entails (Corrosion crushing of the rod it takes almost 800 km to replace a fouled rod under heavy load .. )

Andre
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 14/09/07, 15:37

But vinegar is rather acetic acid (acid also but not the same). What's more, vinegar in engine oil probably wouldn't have a fantastic effect. : Shock:
It was this point that surprised me.
0 x
Other

by Other » 14/09/07, 16:07

Hello
Christophe wrote:Take the milky white oil we talked about on the forum a few months ago was not boron-based precisely?

Edit: bingo and it was a year ago already ...

https://www.econologie.com/forums/huile-0w40 ... t2153.html

You forget the cutting oil that Zac tested in the pant water
Solube oil which becomes like milk ..

But vinegar is rather acetic acid (acid also but not the same). What's more, vinegar in engine oil probably wouldn't have a fantastic effect.
It was this point that surprised me.

I forgot to specify that the acid or the vinegar is in the water of the panton reactor (not in the engine oil) in very small quantity
(the outlet temperature of the reactor increases relative to distilled water)
I am not convinced that we must clean the bubblers, it works better in their belly.

Andre
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"