Eco-driving in practice: Tips that work!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 22/08/11, 10:58

dekloo wrote:Regularly I transfer from my current account to a specially created account, the same amount as that of the gas tanks.
[...]
But the best part is that the money set aside is used for something.
I ONLY use it for work / expenses with the sole purpose of reducing energy consumption.
- I therefore paid for the insulation of the attic, the garage.
- I'm going to buy a solar water heater.

Hello Dekloo,

Welcome to the forum.
I find your reasoning very sensible.
For Remundo, Dekloo is already saving on his car budget by eco-driving. What he does next for his accommodation is in any case positive for pollution and for his budget.
So I say bravo!
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
ThierryLoup
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ThierryLoup » 27/08/11, 20:57

My first feedback after a full in daily use (round trip to work mainly on departmental roads at 90 and countryside "towns" in hilly Normandy) and two refueling in motorway / vacation situation with full load, bike at the back , caps etc.

In fact it's simple, compared to my driving before which I remember was a mistake because it consisted of staying permanently on the so-called optimal range (between 2000 and 2500 revolutions there), I save minimum 2 liters to 100 !! It's definitely worth it, especially for someone who has to drive a lot every day for his job!

I applied the eco-driving techniques mentioned here, without really taking my head too much, just pass the highest gear as quickly as possible (around 2000tours), accelerate frankly when necessary, use the point death or engine brake depending on the situation etc ...
You just have to be a little careful and you quickly take the fold, without being claxoned. I do not ride like a ball and I am always at the maximum of the authorized speed (I have not yet applied the speed reduction) ... So basically, small habits that in the end do not change anything in the journey time and allow you to gain a lot, in money, in stress, in noise etc. ... it is downright better.

So basically I am at 7 liters per 100 on average. When I'm on the busy big road it goes up to around 7,3, and when I'm in normal situation it goes down to 6.9 there ... lots of factors can play so basically I'm at 7l / 100 on a nissan micra 1.0L from 1999 to E85.

So good luck to all eco-conductors, it's worth it!
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 27/08/11, 21:20

Hi,

Your experience is interesting because it is still E 85.

I practiced eco on my 4L and I am at 6 liters / 100 but it is petrol ...
Travel to work not far from my home.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/08/11, 10:51

And with that, "life expectancies" of 300 km comfortable for gasoline cars and 000 or 4 for a Diesel ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 28/08/11, 21:31

ThierryLoup wrote:So basically I am at 7 liters per 100 on average. When I'm on the busy big road it goes up to around 7,3, and when I'm in normal situation it goes down to 6.9 there ... lots of factors can play so basically I'm at 7l / 100 on a nissan micra 1.0L from 1999 to E85.

Very well your feedback. I hope it will give ideas to many people ...

Otherwise, to echo another thread that speaks of prius, know that this car makes 5.4l / 100 of E85 on average over 35000 km, many of which in traffic (average measured at the pump). This without having to make any particular effort.
The initial budget is of course not the same as for a Micra, but it is to show that the hybrid has a lot of future ahead of it.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
ThierryLoup
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ThierryLoup » 30/08/11, 14:29

indy49 wrote:Otherwise, to echo another thread that speaks of prius, know that this car makes 5.4l / 100 of E85 on average over 35000 km, many of which in traffic (average measured at the pump). This without having to make any particular effort.
The initial budget is of course not the same as for a Micra, but it is to show that the hybrid has a lot of future ahead of it.

Bein in fact by reading a little the conso advertised of current cars in pubs or what you tell me for example, I tell myself that I am not too bad conso level for a car which is more than 10 years old and which drives more the E85 (which is supposed to lead to overconsumption, in fact on this subject I have the impression that it is rather a small change of driving to be done to take advantage of the qualities of the E85 by changing gear earlier, from what I read at the time).

After the theoretical consumption of my car had to be lower but I never managed to achieve that, even in SP95.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/08/11, 14:56

For E85, the calorific value is lower than for SP95: the "juice" heats less per centiliter, so more is needed. In addition, you need a computer that adapts to burn the E85 optimally (the mapping is not quite the same as the SP95)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/08/11, 15:06

dekloo wrote:
Remundo wrote:However, the work on your house, useful as it may be, will not help you in your travels.
So maybe we will have to think about transport without oil. From walking to the electric car via the 2 wheels ...

In fact I am trying to generalize my eco-driving to my lifestyle.
I do not confine myself to the car. So what I spend on "energy saving" work is valid whatever the field.
My 100% carbon tax should allow me to implement solutions to reduce all my consumption, not just petrol. (in addition to petrol, I also reduced my electrical consumption (35% last year, 10% this year), my water consumption)

And in terms of transportation, I tested the bike 2 or 3 days a week. it does it. But I have to get on and off the bike by car (mountain cause).
And I'm asking to buy (on the energy budget) an electric bicycle wheel to adapt it. (to climb the 400m drop)

As for the electric car, I don't see where the economy or sustainable development is. in this false solution (which in my opinion is only there to reassure the average consumer by making them believe that he will still be able to travel on the cheap for the next decades).

On this last point, true and false.

Mass transport, oversized and energy-consuming, very often useless (Cf. 800 km traffic jams this summer in France in large thermal vehicles) will disappear, that's for sure.

On the other hand, there is sustainable and economic development when:
1) the electric car draws its energy from renewable sources,
2) and that the displacements are justified a minimum.

I like to say that the electric car only has the ecology of the electrical outlet where it plugs. In France, it is a nuclear car, in Denmark a coal car, in Norway a hydraulic car ...

Etc : Idea:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 01/09/11, 10:34

to bounce back on the electric car and in connection with eco-driving, I would just like to say that the old generation electric car like my 106 "requires" to do eco-driving and we suddenly discover that we can completely drive normally on his daily journey with a 33hp car. Admittedly it's a bit soft but nothing more and we are still in the flow of normal traffic, including on the national or bypass where I drive around 90km / h.

However by force of circumstances, a 33hp car, whether electric or not, necessarily saves money by its low power.
0 x
Click my signature
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/09/11, 10:38

Absolutely : Idea:

But Homo Petroleus Energeticarum is stubborn :?
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"