Innovation: internal combustion rotary engine MYT

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/06, 08:15

If this engine is as efficient as its designer claims, it will find a certain application in light aviation!

Although in this area the "king lycoming" will use all his powers of pressure (notably at the level of homologation and maintenance ...) to maintain his supremacy ... It is not André who will contradict me I think. ..

On the other hand, I think that it will never equip a road vehicle: it is not 100 years of engine R&D on a reciprocating engine that will be replaced by this engine ... History has shown that rotary engines and independent inventors do not had no chance of serious development ...

ps: I moved the subject to "special engines"
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 31/08/06, 12:02

Disagree

It depends on political means and relations
It's a question of people, a good Freemason For example ...

This engine is super top, we can not do much better, it is indeed the dream of aviation for large powers, for small it will be necessary to multiply to reach rotational speeds adapted to small propellers 1000 to 10 000 r / min

It reminds me of the Flat Twin in improved version

With this power-to-weight ratio we reach 300hp with a 20kg engine :D + 30Kg of multiplier and as long as to do with a demul, as much to gain another 10% and to make rotary counter (2 propellers) besides that we can surely add a turbo on the whole 8)

We are currently paddling on 150 hp ATL robins and speeds of 150 to 250 km / h with limited loads

The reduced weight of this engine opens the way to vehicles with vertical takeoff where it takes around 1Cv per Kilo, YAHOOUUU!

Let me dream what
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 31/08/06, 17:01

Hello

This engine is super top, we can not do much better, it is indeed the dream of aviation for large powers, for small it will be necessary to multiply to reach rotational speeds adapted to small propellers 1000 to 10 000 r / min

The standard propellers of small planes are at 2800 maximum, certain wooden propellers of 2 meters in diameter on aerobatic planes turns acasionally at 3200rpm,
In general it is 2400 rpm the cruising speed of most of the most common Lycoming and continental engines
Before approving an engine for a certified aircraft, it takes great resources even from the large industrialized countries such as France or England cannot dislodge the 2 major American manufacturers, which however manufactures engines with old technology. Even Renauld, who has put a diesel engine on the market, has difficulty entering the market, and yet it seems to me to be a beautiful engine.
Morality what we find on the market is not necessarily the best, the proof the cessna 150 and the continetal 100cv
bad engine bad planes, save that Mr. everyone can let himself take off, it would be insulting to say to pilot it.
although a cessna 180 on wheel must be driven.

For a small engine of 300hp with 20kg, it is necessary to evacuate the heat of this compact engine, that will take a good radiator by experiment each time that one puts automobile engines in the planes it takes almost double the radiator of the car, however the speed of passage of air in the radiator is much higher.

Andre
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 31/08/06, 18:39

I do not know if what I am saying is true, but from memory, it seems to me that Renault at the time of the V6 petrol engine (with transmission chain, before the belts) which fitted most of the so-called "powerful" French vehicles had succeeded in homologating its engine for small airplanes by the reliability of this same engine.

And I even believe that this engine was mounted on ULMs.
Be careful, I'm not sure about that.
This is the V6 PRV, if I remember correctly. With displacements of 2.8 L, 3.00 L, and 3.2 L.
0 x
Pegasus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pegasus » 31/08/06, 18:44

Hello,

I agree with André on all points.
Conti and Lycosor have existed for …… decades : Cry:

: Arrow: two nutshells closed with bolts;
: Arrow: inside bearings and a crankshaft;
: Arrow: around, in general, 4 sets of cylinders-pistons-connecting rods fixed on the nut shells;
: Arrow: a rustic ignition system (2 magnetos, and double candles);

As we can see: no evolution for 40 years; uh !! .... 50 years.

Injection :?:
in general NO, reserved for large powers (more than 180 Cv), we are still on the carburetor which has the annoying tendency to frost, and there CRACK !!!!!

Electronic fuel injection :?:
so this is science fiction !!!!!!!

Electronic ignition :?:
too, science fiction! except for André :P

An idea of ​​the powers:
Lyco O 320, displacement approximately 5,250 liters, power 160 Cv (i.e. 30 Cv / liter !!!!!), 2700 max rpm, compression ratio 8,5, maximum cylinder head temperature 260 ° C, weight 115 Kg.
Potential 2400 hours, exchange cost around 25 euros.

Dieselisation attempts are made, two European examples:

Thielert, Mercedes A170 engine base: therefore 1,7 L turbo diesel engine pushed to 135 Cv (on the car it is given for 90 Cv), 1 reducer, 3 pipe radiators in all directions, not simple! Quite a lot of difficulties, MTO current 1000 hours !!!!!!
Retrofit of a Cessna 172 around 60 euros, for at 000 hours the cost of a change to 2000 euros.
Advantages of the Thielert: a perfect commercial system and an original fit on Diamond aircraft, and maximum subsidy fishing.

SMA (Renault), a nice creation from scratch: a 6-cylinder 230 Hp in direct contact with the propeller, nothing to say …… except:
a big marketing mistake: having created an engine without having pre-marketed it to a particular aircraft manufacturer : Evil:
today the Company is in legal settlement it goes door to door to try to penetrate the aeronautical market : Shock:
A retrofit to around 90 euros for a Cessna 000, for 182 hours the cost of a change to around 2400 euros.

So the small diesel engines for motorcycles (subject of another subject) to see …… : Idea:

To do well we would need 100 to 200 HP diesel engines (it's cheaper, but not everywhere), injection (electronic ??)

For France, an idea of ​​fuel prices:
petrol 100 LL 1,80 euros per liter,
jet diesel At 0,70 euros,
red fuel 0,60 euros, it works instead of Jet A (the Thielert injection pump likes a little better)

Hold on, .......... I still don't have a solution :| …………… I keep my old Conti and Lycosor; I refuse to age : Mrgreen:
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 01/09/06, 08:33

I managed to find the film on Tucker.

I strongly advise you to watch it.
One of the huge peculiarities on this car was the appearance of an aluminum block.
Tucker had thought of putting a technology used in helicopters, on a car ...
Finally, the blocks became alu, on all car engines.

This film is great, thank you for quoting it, I didn't know it at all.
We can only be admiring the courage of this man in view of his fight against the infernal machine that are the media and the administration.
0 x
Pegasus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pegasus » 02/09/06, 16:38

Hello,

On this engine a very well done site: http://www.rotoblock.com/

bye
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/06, 16:48

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/06, 16:50

Pegasus wrote:Hello,

On this engine a very well done site: http://www.rotoblock.com/

bye

The video is impressive:
http://www.rotoblock.com/concept_validated.shtml

Especially the stop !! Uh ... what are the "stuff" (kind of sparks ???) that appear when the engine is running ??? Maybe some noise on the video?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/09/06, 18:07

There is still something that grieves me about these engines: it is that there are still cam or slide devices, sources of wear to watch out for.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"