Ecological impact of an old vehicle

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/04/09, 22:01

Hello Leo Max
Leo Maximus wrote:... only a few wear parts have been changed eg AV pads every 150000 km.

What is the brand of your plaquettes ??? Or do you brake with the shoe against the tire or on the tar to avoid using the pads? : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Chartrousin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chartrousin » 04/04/09, 01:01

Christophe wrote:Some also come to believe that it was in September 11 Saudis ... : Mrgreen:

: Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Leo Maximus wrote:I had a car that was a real ruin at 90000 km after experiencing a multitude of breakdowns and consumed a multitude of spare parts, which pissed oil, LDR, brake fluid and even lava fluid -glaces

I think that at this level, and your wallet and the environment would be good of this car! On the other hand with 90 000km on the meter, for once the energy gray compared to the km should not give good results ... [/ quote]
0 x
"It is of no use to man to gain the Moon if he happens to lose the Earth."
[Mauriac]
Did67

by Did67 » 04/04/09, 11:19

Flytox wrote:.... Or you brake with the godasse against the tire or on the tar to not use the pads!?

I did it moreeirus times, not in front, but often in the back.

It's just a question of "eco-friendly" driving: braking as little as possible (remembering that each brake stroke is wasted fuel - "it would have been better to take the foot off a little before" you have to say to yourself then, and "use" this kinetic energy).

Of course, it is necessary to brake sometimes ... It also depends if you drive on motorway, in capagne, in town ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/04/09, 11:55

Did67 wrote:I did it moreeirus times, not in front, but often in the back.
It's just a question of "eco-friendly" driving: braking as little as possible (remembering that each brake stroke is wasted fuel - "it would have been better to take the foot off a little before" you have to say to yourself then, and "use" this kinetic energy).

At the back, most cars have drums with pads and not pads and I confirm that it actually lasts in 150000 Km when you go soft. In front, with the pads that take the biggest part of the braking effort, it is rather in 25000 Km if you do not too much mountain, or that mom is not too fast in town!

Did67 wrote:Of course, it is necessary to brake sometimes ...
: Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 04/04/09, 12:28

Flytox wrote:Hello Leo Max
Leo Maximus wrote:... only a few wear parts have been changed eg AV pads every 150000 km.

What is the brand of your plaquettes ??? Or do you brake with the shoe against the tire or on the tar to avoid using the pads? : Mrgreen:
A+

No advertising. 150000 km for AV pads and at 300000 km the AR pads are still good. The AV and AR disks are original.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 04/04/09, 12:34

Chartrousin wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:I had a car that was a real ruin at 90000 km after experiencing a multitude of breakdowns and consumed a multitude of spare parts, which pissed oil, LDR, brake fluid and even lava fluid -glaces

I think that at this level, and your wallet and the environment would be good of this car! On the other hand with 90 000km on the meter, for once the energy gray compared to the km should not give good results ...

100% OK, an example: AV discs changed after a CT were again HS to the next CT! At 90000 km the radiator was still fleeing, it was the 3 th! The cause: a corrosive LDR, an error of ELF it seems. : Shock:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/04/09, 12:46

Flytox wrote:
At the back, most cars have drums with pads and not pads and I confirm that it actually lasts in 150000 Km when you go soft. In front, with the pads that take the biggest part of the braking effort, it is rather in 25000 Km if you do not too much mountain, or that mom is not too fast in town!

"Most" ... I was referring to my old Xantia, it is not advertising, it is no longer sold, with records on the back. I persist. It has 350 km, the rear pads have been changed only once. At the front, two or three times only ...

AND it is replacements at one of the banal "all brands" signs found in commercial areas ... So it is not necessarily a question of brand!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/04/09, 13:04

Leo Maximus wrote:No advertising. 150000 km for AV pads and at 300000 km the AR pads are still good. The AV and AR disks are original.

After a search on the net, we find everything about the longevity of platelets according to models, driving, terrain etc ... You are in the longest longevity and I in the lowest :|

I have repeated the classic problem of mono piston calipers with very dissymmetrical wear on the same brake. Stirrup does not return properly after braking, and the pad slightly rubs all the time :frown: In addition the disc does not wear out flat and it died in 150000 Km.
A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 04/04/09, 22:59

Flytox wrote:I have repeated the classic problem of mono piston calipers with very dissymmetrical wear on the same brake. Stirrup does not return properly after braking, and the pad slightly rubs all the time :frown: In addition the disc does not wear out flat and it died in 150000 Km.
A+

No luck ... but it's not classic mono piston calipers it's classic brakes bad design and poor quality, sorry. I kept my last pads, it is a single piston caliper and the wear of the pads is almost equal and uniform on both sides. I will put pictures soon.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/04/09, 23:50

I invert platelets at a certain time, it compensates the asymmetrical wear ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"