Pollen filter, econological discount for VMC DF

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Pollen filter, econological discount for VMC DF

by I Citro » 06/08/13, 00:08

I have a Double Flux VMC. 8)
It is a brand model HELIOS, a very reputable manufacturer and a high quality product, very accomplished.

The Air Treatment Plant (CTA) is equipped with 3 filters;
- 2 coarse filters (G4) are fitted to the fresh air intake and the indoor air intake upstream of the exchanger.
- 1 Fine filter (F7) better known under the name of Pollen filter takes place before departure for insufflation in the home.

The supplier of the material supplied me, for a handful of €, 1m² of G4 filter which I cut with a chisel to make my replacement filters at low cost (I made a fortnight with them).
8)

For the pollen filter (to be replaced at least twice a year), I was forced to order the original part, displayed € 2 including tax in the manufacturer's catalog.
: Evil:

By searching carefully, some online stores offer it with 20% discount, or € 64 including VAT, it's better, but still prohibitive for a piece without any technological content and weighing only a hundred grams, or more than 500 € per kg ...

Not liking to play the feathered pigeons, I pushed the replacement of this filter beyond reasonable ...

I was desperately looking for F7 media to buy per m² to make my filters myself at a lower cost. I think there is a considerable market in this sector.

In front of the emergency, I looked for F7 liters of equivalent size and cheaper than I matched to my dimensions.

Demonstration in pictures:
1 / The original F7 FILTER:

2 / On the left, an F7 filter from a competitive brand and with an upper surface, on the right, the original HELIOS filter ...:

3 / ... But whose pleating height is less than 1/3, therefore 1/3 less filtering surface:

4 / The filter is cut to the desired size with a "bread knife":

And here is the work, the filter obtained is placed in place of the original filter, it will be clogged a little earlier because of its smaller filtering surface, despite this and the few minutes spent to cut it to my dimensions, l 'operation is profitable, the filter to cut back came to me at less than 25 €, almost 3 times cheaper (it's still too much ...).
: Mrgreen:
1 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/08/13, 04:52

Hello

Good idea, I just replaced those in the car and I am thinking of finding a simpler solution than running to the representative looking for these pollen filters.
it is necessary to deposit the giant box gently take them out vacuum the box, when I put the new I spray disinfectant (Pine-soil) it gives a smell of fir at the beginning.
The ventilation system I have an old Honywel electronic filter that must be washed in the dishwasher 3 times a year. it's simple effective.

Andre
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: FILTER at Pollen, discount (econological) for VMC DF

by Obamot » 06/08/13, 15:57

citro wrote:I have a Double Flux VMC. 8)
It is a brand model HELIOS, a very reputable manufacturer and a high quality product, very accomplished.

The Air Treatment Plant (CTA) is equipped with 3 filters;
- 2 coarse filters (G4) are fitted to the fresh air intake and the indoor air intake upstream of the exchanger.
- 1 Fine filter (F7) better known under the name of Pollen filter takes place before departure for insufflation in the home.

The supplier of the material supplied me, for a handful of €, 1m² of G4 filter which I cut with a chisel to make my replacement filters at low cost (I made a fortnight with them).
8)

For the pollen filter (to be replaced at least twice a year), I was forced to order the original part, displayed € 2 including tax in the manufacturer's catalog.
: Evil:

By searching carefully, some online stores offer it with 20% discount, or € 64 including VAT, it's better, but still prohibitive for a piece without any technological content and weighing only a hundred grams, or more than 500 € per kg ...

Not liking to play the feathered pigeons, I pushed the replacement of this filter beyond reasonable ...

I was desperately looking for F7 media to buy per m² to make my filters myself at a lower cost. I think there is a considerable market in this sector.

In front of the emergency, I looked for F7 liters of equivalent size and cheaper than I matched to my dimensions.

Demonstration in pictures:
1 / The original F7 FILTER:

2 / On the left, an F7 filter from a competitive brand and with an upper surface, on the right, the original HELIOS filter ...:

3 / ... But whose pleating height is less than 1/3, therefore 1/3 less filtering surface:

4 / The filter is cut to the desired size with a "bread knife":

And here is the work, the filter obtained is placed in place of the original filter, it will be clogged a little earlier because of its smaller filtering surface, despite this and the few minutes spent to cut it to my dimensions, l 'operation is profitable, the filter to cut back came to me at less than 25 €, almost 3 times cheaper (it's still too much ...).

Given the height available with regard to the new one, would you almost have room to put two one on top of the other? (By compacting a little)

Otherwise, the original filter appears to have a black surface. I presume it is a veil of activated carbon, if so it does not only filter out pollen. For my part, I took a kitchen hood filter (microfibers + activated carbon), which I put on an air conditioner (which was not without a filter, but which was rikikik). Great result, and I do not contaminate the original filter (which was only planned from the factory for brushing to remove the dust ° _0) ...
I know that some people also make their air filter for atmospheric engines by cutting into larger filters, but there it becomes high flying : Cheesy:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/08/13, 19:49

Superimposing two filters would cause too much pressure drop. :?

The original filter appears black because it is used, when it is new, it is as immaculate as the other.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/08/13, 01:27

anti pollen filter ??? Which flower makes pollen so black?

I wonder if it is really useful to use a pleated filter when you can easily change it

a simple flat filter will have less surface area, but can be changed more often

remains to find the right supplier to buy a whole roll

more than 10 years ago I learned about the manufacture of car or truck air filters ... hard to find a supplier ... I even heard of a special size filter manufacturer for cars collector who preferred to cut in modern filter available

now I found a way to buy rolls of filtering materials: machine for cutting cutting liquid filtration: there are machines whose replacement of the filtering surface is done automatically from a roller: so the rollers are available in trade

the anti polen for vmc is not my concern but the filtering of the gasifier gas for engine, but the problem of the search for filtering materials at the best price is the same

for coarse filtration the cheapest material is geotextile, but for an engine air filter it takes finer ... and I wonder if these anti pollen filters are not even finer
0 x
Other

by Other » 07/08/13, 15:44

Hello

the name filter a pollen, means very fine filter. Obviously that all the dust is stopped there whatever their nature
cat dust floor dust ect ...
Put two filters superimpose a bigger one in front, the thinner one has only little advantage, only if it is in a medium with big dust it is rarely the case in a house
the electronic filters offer little pressure drop and are effective for very small particles. They are enlarged before renouncing the foam or animal hair, otherwise it will snap at high voltage. the disadvantage is the level of ozone it releases,
that some people tolerate more or less.
The danger of fine paper or other material filters is that once they contaminate, instead of purifying the air, they risk doing the opposite.
change them regularly (more often in summer and spray disinfectant in the filter holder box)

Andre
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 07/08/13, 18:08

citro wrote:Superimposing two filters would cause too much pressure drop. :?

At the same time, I suspected that you were going to say that ... You can then put a "dish" on top, as suggested by Chatelot, so that the load should be equivalent, because there you are below the "nominal"! And like that, the one that is in accordion, you won't need to change it anymore : Cheesy: and in addition you will have free ozone to purify your air and deactivate the viruses in levitation ...

citro wrote:Le original filter appears black because it is used, when it is new, it is as immaculate as the other.

"Original" (?) : Cheesy: are really bastards selling used filters for new ones : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

ok I'm going out -> []
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/08/13, 10:12

Obamot wrote:
citro wrote:Superimposing two filters would cause too much pressure drop. :?
... You can then put a "dish" on top, as suggested by Chatelot, so the load should be equivalent, because there you are below the "nominal"! And like that, the one that is in accordion, you won't need to change it anymore : Cheesy: and in addition you will have free ozone to purify your air and deactivate the viruses in levitation ...
: Shock: You don't look like know how a filter works... :?
It is a science with many "subtleties"
The F7 filter is pleated to increase the passage area AND decrease the pressure drop for a given passage section (the area of ​​the filter frame).
So superimposing a flat filter on top necessarily means an increased pressure drop ...

We only superimpose "foam" filters so coarse before an F7 filter, as is the case in my installation with a G4 filter mounted upstream of the F7 filter ...

For ozone, this gas is produced by the electric generator of negative ions present in the "electronic" filters. I don't like this gas, the smell of which bothers me and which worsened my symptoms of drowsiness at the wheel when I had mounted one in my car (despite the unpleasant noise it emitted) ...

The set of new filters:

Filters after 6 months of use:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/08/13, 10:29

I share your doubts about the electrostatic filter at the air inlet of the house! really a blow to be seriously polluted by ozone!

the electrostatic filter is good for recovering particles at the outlet of a fireplace or an engine, because there is too much for a simple filter, and the electrostatic filter can clean itself: and for smoked a little ozone is less worse than a lot of particles
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/08/13, 11:04

That said, my experience concerns a very rudimentary negative ion generator.
Perhaps it is possible to generate such ions without release of ozone, for example by "encapsulating them in water molecules".
:?:
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"