Pollen filter, econological discount for VMC DF

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/11/15, 13:37

we agree ! in summer a continuous vmc is useless

a continuous vmc is not controlled ... it is only a vm

to deserve the c it would take something that only lights up when the weather conditions are favorable ... without a good automatic system it is better to rely on the common sense of the inhabitants who open the windows when the weather is nice
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/11/15, 13:40

in summer a humidity-controlled vmc is even worse: when the humidity is good it closes the flow, when it is too humid it opens the flow completely without understanding that it is this flow that brings the humidity

so in summer a humidity sensitive can be worse than a constant flow
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 24/11/15, 14:22

chatelot16 wrote:we agree ! in summer a continuous vmc is useless

a continuous vmc is not controlled ... it is only a vm

to deserve the c it would take something that only lights up when the weather conditions are favorable ... without a good automatic system it is better to rely on the common sense of the inhabitants who open the windows when the weather is nice

hi chatelot16
+1 and worse

A VCM even with hygrometer, is used to evacuate, not the humidity but the overflow of vapor

If it rains the outdoor humidity will be 100%,
so in wet weather there will be no humidity control,
since the air inlets will be saturated with humidity.

For comfort, I recommend not to exceed the 65% interior, summer and winter.

A vcm is perfect as long as the outdoor humidity does not exceed 65%.

In the scorching summer, bringing in air saturated with water after the rain is catastrophic,
In autumn, no need to heat it will remain unhealthy.
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/11/15, 15:00

chatelot16 wrote:the vmc only reduces humidity when it is cold outside and hot inside ... without temperature difference the vmc is useless for humidity! whether it is single or double flow does not change anything
Ah well ... You are sure of what you state. :?:
Living in the home generates humidity (breathing, cooking, bathroom, ...). The VMC rejects this outside air and blows outside air that we hope less laden with humidity. Incidentally, this also rejects odors linked to activities in the home.
chatelot16 wrote:in summer humidity management is done by opening the windows wide when it is necessary ... the best is sometimes open in big day and night ... except mosquito problem which can encourage to close the windows at bad hours ... and this is where mechanical ventilation becomes useful, being able to ventilate when necessary without bringing in mosquitoes
VMC DF does not only manage humidity ... The term VMC for Controlled Mechanical Ventilation is also too restrictive. I prefer the term used by professionals: CTA (Central Air Treatment) because the air is filtered and its temperature controlled. Two functions that are not mastered by opening the windows (not to mention the outside noise) ...
chatelot16 wrote:double flow ventilation, to save heating energy, not applicable in summer

if the double flow exchanger with its pressure drop requires more ventilation power, it should be bypassed in summer
Sorry but VMC does not only save heating energy in winter ...
In summer, the VMC DF tempers the house by preventing (by limiting) the entry of unwanted hot air. It thus brings a significant additional comfort saving air conditioning or avoiding an air conditioning installation ...

My VMC Hélios is indeed fitted as standard with an automatic and configurable ByPass which allows fresh night air to be brought in that is cooler than that of the house in order to cool it more efficiently in summer.

It is therefore excessive to declare that a VMC DF is not applicable in summer. :?
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 24/11/15, 15:17

There are two very different types:
Usual ordinary VMC in collective apartments a little old, constantly working, not very controllable, sometimes absurd, my case that I experienced, huge condensation in a seaside secondary apartment not heated in winter, confused with a leak at home and
VMC DF well done totally different, but much more complex and expensive and to maintain.

But the VMC DF bypass must not be functional with circulation on a very hot humid day outside and cool apartment, otherwise nice condensation too !!!
So no ventilation possible with great humid heat outside, which sometimes continues at night, especially in tropical countries, with an uncontrollable humidity like 37 ° C at 100% humidity day and night in some countries, USA, India, etc ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/11/15, 18:38

when it is cold outside, even if the relative humidity outside is 100%, this air will become drier once heated: it is the absolute humidity in g of water / per m3 of air which is preserved when l between, and the same absolute humidity makes lower relative humidity when heated

when there is no heating, the best time to ventilate is sometimes surprising: it is sometimes when the outside temperature is lowest that the absolute humidity is lowest, so at the end of the night. it is surprising because it is at this moment that there is rosé ... but it is because the cold causes the water to deposit in rosé that there remains less in the air

of course hunting for humidity is not the only goal of a CMV

of course the one who lives in a polluted place and who wants a good filter to protect himself will need it been like winters

when i say that the vmc is useless in summer it is for those who have the same luck as me: countryside without pollution ... window open all summer ... i also have the chance of thick old wall , no need for air conditioning
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/11/15, 13:28

I am not an expert in dew point and other condensation parameters ... :?

However, thanks to their exchanger, the humidity in the air condenses and drips into the bottom of the box to be evacuated via a siphon.

I installed my control unit in the WC to take advantage of the evacuation of the WC while having easy access for maintenance and periodic replacement of the filters.

Indeed, I consider it heresy to install the power plant in the attic, often little or even inaccessible ...

I remind you that the serious mounting recommendations indicate to place the power plant in the heated volume of the house (avoid the attic, the cellar, the garage, ...).

The fact remains that we must then treat the soundproofing ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/11/15, 13:57

when it is cold, it is the air leaving the house which condenses while cooling to heat the air which enters

the air which enters even if it is at 100% humidity becomes drier by heating

it could be the opposite when it is warmer outside than inside, but I think there is never enough temperature difference for it to condense ... unless an excessive air conditioning that transforms the house in cold room

I agree that mounting vmc in an inaccessible attic is regrettable

but why are the attics still so inaccessible with a small ridiculous trap often misplaced?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/11/15, 18:01

I will have to restock the F7 filter for my VMC HELIOS KWL EC 300 PRO.

I post here the dimensions of this filter for posterity:
215 x 315 thickness 27mm (the length of the folds is 215mm)

In inches this gives:
8.5" x 12,5" x 1"

I will consult the company lebonfiltre.fr who provided me on several occasions.

So far I have cut larger filters to my dimensions but I have not found filters of comparable thickness.
:?
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 26/11/15, 18:28

citro wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:the vmc only reduces humidity when it is cold outside and hot inside ... without temperature difference the vmc is useless for humidity! whether it is single or double flow does not change anything
Ah well ... You are sure of what you state. :?:
Living in the home generates humidity (breathing, cooking, bathroom, ...). The VMC rejects this air outside and blows outside air that we hope less laden with humidity. :?

"" The VMC rejects this air outside and blows in the outside air which one hopes less loaded with humidity ""

*** http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/humi.png ***
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"