Pollen filter, econological discount for VMC DF

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
jduchon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jduchon » 22/08/14, 15:35

Hello Citro,

Can you STP tell me the replacement F7 filter model you found and where? How big is STP? I would do the same for an Aldes TZen 300.

Jerome
0 x
psmith
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by psmith » 10/09/14, 21:34

Hello citro,

Could you specify the model of filter used as a replacement, because seeing your photo, it would seem that it is a filter for aeraulix from Atlantic, dimensions 300 x 320 x 20 mm thick approximately?

If so, it's not F7 but G4.

We can replace the mini-folds with flat filter media, although the surface will be much smaller, but the price too ... it will be necessary to change the media more often.

There exist for certain category of filtering media known as 'progressive' whose density progresses in the direction of the air in order to capture the big dust first then the smallest, etc ... suddenly the media saturates much less quickly and it is able to capture more dust per m2 than filters with equal density.

Regarding the pressure drop, the theory must be moderated, because in reality you will see that the mini-pleats are quite "clogged" on the surface by large dust and form a 'carpet' above the pleats blocking the filter. ., the pressure drop is high in this case a little blow of the vacuum cleaner to remove the obstructing layer allows the filter to hold for a few more weeks.

The folds of the mini-folds are too close, I once saw a new type with larger folds (7,5 mm between the folds), the dust will settle at the bottom of the folds (progressive filling), the loss load is much lower at the end of the filter's life, it is even possible to vacuum the filter (on the side of the air inlet, eh!) and extend the service life by almost 50% before complete saturation ...

In flat media, I did not find above F5 in roll to cut ... someone found better?

For flat media type G4 (I have an IDEO unelvent) ideally it would be to find an iron frame and just reload the filter media ... for a few euros .. (I'm looking for I'm looking for)

For my ideo, I am also looking for F7 mini-fold sheets to cut? 48mm thick? (<55th please) if anyone has found? ...
0 x
jduchon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jduchon » 10/09/14, 23:15

For information, I found F7 "micro pleats" 48 mm thick to cut on a specialized site. I can give the site reference by MP (I don't know if we can put the link directly here).

I took 10, it comes back to me 3 times cheaper than the original filters in kit.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/09/14, 23:34

ce forum is not anti-advertising: so if you have found a good address there is no problem to make it known to everyone

even those who strike out just to advertise from the first message, who are wildly deleted on others forum are tolerated here: information does not hurt ... advertising is information ... there is only its excess which can sometimes be regrettable
0 x
psmith
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by psmith » 12/09/14, 11:42

@jduchon,

yes, I would like to know where you found your filter for cutting, because in fact I am also in an 'alternative' reasoned approach which tries to escape from a 'captivity' desired by manufacturers for their consumables at a price that tends to rub shoulders with the luxury sector.

In addition, "their consumables" are not necessarily calculated / designed to last 'longer' and be ecological in terms of waste.
Instead of 12 less, we recommend rather 10 months, even 8 months (ok, we don't all live in 'extreme' contexts either) ...

1 / ok, their consumables are fine for their own machine.
2 / they are not necessarily the 'best' in absolute terms, however they are the best from the point of view of manufacturing cost and fixed resale price ... we mainly pay for the brand !!
3 / Of course, we do not imagine that it is the manufacturers themselves (unelvent, atlantic, elias, etc.) who manufacture the filters but many specialized workshops which have invested in the machine which does nothing but that. ..
4 / Do not believe the propaganda "buy only our filters, otherwise it will not work", it reminds me of the speech of inkjet printer manufacturers at the beginning ... (although here it is even more true because the filter media are standardized, G1 to G4, M5 / F5 to Fn ... etc), the only concern for a certain filtration is to find the same dimensions.

Strongly, alternative offers adaptable for our vmc, the competition is always a little good, on the quality and / or on the price ;-)

But here for the moment, there are not many people apart from the manufacturers of the vmc themselves who benefit from it in a monopoly on consumables, so it is up to us to find solutions also 'more reasonable', I think we 'vmc' customers have lots of ideas or tips for designing simple, more economical, more sustainable, less wasteful alternative solutions, it would be pretty cool to be able to share all of that ...

Thank you for your response in MP if you want or then live in the clear for everyone, apparently there is a moderator who seems favorable?
0 x
jduchon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jduchon » 17/09/14, 21:47

Hello,

Sorry for the late return, I have been very busy lately.

You can order custom-made micro-pleat F7 filters at lebonfiltre.fr
Here are the ones I cut for my Aldes CMV:

http://www.lebonfiltre.fr/filtres-pre-d ... coupe.html

They are of good quality, the cut is clean and they fit like a glove in the receptacle.

Good filtering!

Jerome
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/10/14, 15:57

Sorry for this late reply. :|
jduchon et psmith answered their own questions. : Mrgreen:

jduchon, could you put some photos of your achievement. :?:

I had indeed supplied my filters from the site the filter.

The quality of filtration was not certain last year (F5 ?, F7?).
Today, the aeraulix filter that I cut to replace that of my VMC HELIOS clearly seems to be of F5 quality ...

I am delighted to see that the right filter has expanded its offer in this area with the F7 filter cut to 48mm thick.

I understand that they plan to offer in other thicknesses, see other materials and thus move the lines of this market sector.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
jduchon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jduchon » 09/10/14, 00:31

The photos are on their site and I had nothing to do: simply insert the filter in its receptacle.

http://www.lebonfiltre.fr/filtres-pre-d ... coupe.html
0 x
cedric34r
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Photos of my VMC DF filtering installation

by cedric34r » 21/11/15, 00:29

Bonjour à tous

I happen to come across this forum very interesting discussions

I live on the edge of a 2x2 lane. Wanting to filter filter the air in the house, I made a filter box apart from my VMC double flow.
I put an F5 filter media in pre-filter and an F7 mini pleat filter behind.

My installation has been in service for 2.5 years
Here are some pictures of my installation

the vmc is under the pile of pipes on the right, my fresh air intake on the left in the wall, the stale air goes back upstairs.

I quickly saw the speed at which the filters clogged
I change my filters every month!
I could make them last maybe longer, but I decided to prioritize air quality.

home air quality is a topic that interests very few people
so I decided 2 years ago to create the blog http://stopauxparticules.fr/
the objective and to testify and exchange on this subject

I am happy to see that there are a few of us looking for solutions : Cheesy:

I am preparing a new box which will accommodate an F9 filter instead of the F7
I will post with the photos in a while!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/11/15, 11:28

The finer the filter media, the faster it will clog. :?
I live on the edge of a 2x2 lane.
Your major problem comes from there ...
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"