"Miracle" economizers: myths or realities?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 31/03/10, 10:23

I put this video precisely because they explain that by performing a test on a bench they see no improvement, for me the magnets is pipo.
It is very difficult to dissociate the gain brought by a modification because the measurement conditions change too much (temperature, wind, maintenance, route).

I do most of my trips to work, so my trips don't change much, I still do a maximum of 1450 km with a full tank (in summer), and a minimum of 1190km (in winter).

It’s almost 20% different just because of the temperature.
0 x
A4 1.9 90 tdi CH - 300 000 km
Record conso - 4.15 L / 100
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 31/03/10, 11:41

candas1 wrote:I put this video precisely because they explain that by performing a test on a bench they see no improvement, for me magnets is pipo.

we have known this for a long time :D, thanks anyway for the link

Wolkswagen and Audi were the precursors of a gas re-injection controlled by the computer (EGR valve), and it shows on consumption

Our French vehicles are currently constrained by the Euro 5 standard in force since the beginning of the year.

On the other hand, for winter performances, in fact the difference is notable on short journeys, c. to d. the engine warm-up time which is lost energy.

Do this same test on long journeys, and you will see almost no difference if your combustion control chain (calculator, lamda probe, etc.) is fully operational.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 31/03/10, 11:59

0 x
A4 1.9 90 tdi CH - 300 000 km

Record conso - 4.15 L / 100
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 31/03/10, 12:06

Capt_Maloche wrote:
candas1 wrote:I put this video precisely because they explain that by performing a test on a bench they see no improvement, for me magnets is pipo.

we have known this for a long time :D, thanks anyway for the link

Wolkswagen and Audi were the precursors of a gas re-injection controlled by the computer (EGR valve), and it shows on consumption

Our French vehicles are currently constrained by the Euro 5 standard in force since the beginning of the year.

The EGR is only there for a depolution of oil engines to reduce nitrogen oxides by lowering the combustion T ° by reducing the oxygen admitted ... It is an anti-mechanical system at will which causes above all breakdowns in the drop in efficiency of engine fouling and other such nonsense ...

French cars have been entitled to it since the beginning of the century..My travel in 1992 was equipped with it ... It showed on consumption ... Dead laughing ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

WHY CONSUME YOU MORE IN WINTER

by Capt_Maloche » 31/03/10, 12:27

candas1 wrote:I make trips from 30km ...

http://www.hyperkilometreur.com/blog/?p=472

Very good your link, which seems to be quite exhaustive
WHY DO WE CONSUME MORE IN WINTER?

1- More time spent idling
to heat or stay warm

2- Low tire pressure
Because the tires are not checked enough

3- An increase in rolling resistance
The tires are "a little" more rigid with the cold

4- Difficult road conditions
this is true :D

5- A lower average operating temperature
Your engine takes longer to reach operating temperature in winter and cools more quickly when stopped.

6- Higher viscosity of lubricants
Linked to warm-up time
The use of synthetic lubricants can help reduce this problem (Good note that I practice 5W50)

7- Lower fuel density
Linked to anti freeze additives

8- High use of accessories
- The lights
- The rear window and / or mirror defroster
- Heated seats
- The ventilation of the heater
- The washer fluid pump and the wipers

9- More aerodynamic drag
... For every 10 degrees Celsius the aerodynamic drag varies by about 3.6%.

But with 20% more consumption, you would still do well to check your Lambda probe
My wife's car is in this case, the probe is nase and there is a fairly big difference in consumption between summer and winter

By cons on my other recent vehicles, it is insignificant
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 31 / 03 / 10, 12: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 31/03/10, 12:45

Macro wrote:The EGR is only there for a depolution of oil engines to reduce nitrogen oxides by lowering the combustion T ° by reducing the oxygen admitted ... It is an anti-mechanical system at will which causes above all breakdowns in the drop in efficiency of engine fouling and other such nonsense ...

French cars have been entitled to it since the beginning of the century..My travel in 1992 was equipped with it ... It showed on consumption ... Dead laughing ...

TSS TSS TSS!

This is indeed the point of view of careless manufacturers, who saw only one constraint and did anything at the beginning.

Look at the EGR valve of my recent Vel Satis after 100 km: IMPECCABLE and on the forum : Diesel-car-eat-less-with-a-little-of-sp95-t5849-460.html

The EGR valve is also and ESPECIALLY a reinjection of water vapor

The perfect combustion reaction of the average GO is as follows (nitrogen is not present)
C2H16 34 + = 49 2 O32 CO2 + 34 H2O Eh yes, the combustion of fossil fuels already produces a lot of water

We responded to an interview with Christophe as part of the Econologie association on water doping

We will talk about it as soon as the article is published: exclusivity obliges
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 31/03/10, 13:00

It is really a shame that I could not afford to put photos online the day when the engine of my fiat exploded because of this shit ...

Nitrogen is in slight proportion in the air ... And the hotter the combustion (high full power load) the higher the nitrogen oxide levels ...

100 000km la vel satis..We do not play in the same court..Chez me a vehicle at the beginning of life it is 220 000km ... So effectively we do not fall on the same fouling rates ...

My new car (ID HP ramp ramp) is equipped with this money trap .. I observe the operation I am quite saddened by two three little things (why it opens when the engine is idling warm ???) All that I know it is that when it opens to slow down the smell at the exhaust becomes acrid and stings the eyes.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 31/03/10, 13:08

Macro wrote:...
Nitrogen is in slight proportion in the air ... And the hotter the combustion (high full power load) the higher the nitrogen oxide levels ...
My new car (ID HP ramp ramp) is equipped with this money trap .. I observe the operation I am quite saddened by two three little things (why it opens when the engine is idling warm ???) All that I know it is that when it opens to slow down the smell at the exhaust becomes acrid and stings the eyes.

nitrogen is still 78% by volume in the air !! it's not negligible (it reminds me of the tire inflation scam with nitrogen : Cheesy: )

Nitrogen oxide is produced from a flame temperature of around 1300 ° C, limiting the combustion T ° below this value reduces nitrogen oxides

I confirm, it stings the eyes, but it's mainly because of the particle filters
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 31/03/10, 13:24

Thank you for the precision in terms of nitrogen.

My new car (thank god) has no FAP ... And yet as soon as the egr opens it stings the eyes ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/04/10, 15:16

Hey captain .... The benefits of EGR on TDI VW (thanks to RMF26 from oliomobile)

Or the valve zolie ...
0 x