Ecodriving, yes ... but watch out for premature wear!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Eco-driving, yes ... but watch out for premature wear!

by phil59 » 01/07/22, 17:41

Obamot wrote:
this engine sucks almost nothing but he swallows everything : Mrgreen:

There are still trade-offs...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/07/22, 20:04

phil59 wrote:
Obamot wrote:
this engine sucks almost nothing but he swallows everything : Mrgreen:

There are still trade-offs...

: Mrgreen: I know some who suck almost everything but swallow nothing : Arrow: [_]
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 26/08/22, 22:08

Macro wrote:
Macro wrote:Switching from my c zero to the ct yesterday ... Counter visit for the rear brakes, slight imbalance (only % : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: ) the car is only 10 years old and has 84000 km These are drum brakes... The diagnosis of the controller is a mechanical fault because both the pedal and the handbrake are unbalanced... Problem brakes that are never used ... in daily use over 52 km I touch the brakes 6 times on the last 3 or 4 meters before stopping at a traffic light or at the stop sign ...

Hard braking tests yesterday ... Indeed the car pulls out like a lollipop and squirms a bit in the ass

Inspection of the two brake drums yesterday...As I expected it is to say in new condition...A lot of dust but drums, linings, and wheel cylinders in good condition...A knock spray of brake cleaner a shot of emery cloth on the drums and linings bottoming of the driven linings (I don't understand why this is no longer done) reassembly and tests on the bridge with an assistant in the car.... And indeed when the handbrake is applied, the left brake only begins to apply three or 4 notches after the right brake...Same with the pedal...A little bleed...nothing better...grip dimensions of the drums no difference, taken from the side of the trim mounted a good mm of difference ... So obviously it is the automatic recovery system that did not work ... Inspection of the system very similar to a Girling system ....8.PNG
and then I realize that the small lever system C which is used to loosen a nut which lengthens the connecting rod made up of elements 1 2 3 was far from nut 3 and passed in front of the teeth rather than going to hook them ... titillating it: click... inspection of the gadget and it was just dust which had made an amalgam with the assembly grease which was blocking it... cleaning reassembly adjustment tests... And here we go again... .And indeed it changes the braking of the car...the brakes react much better to the slightest pressure on the pedal...Being almost the only user of this car, I had not noticed the problem which had come on gradually in 2 years ... As I use this car on country roads that can be congested, I practice driving with very early braking ... If I had to brake hard when exiting a curve I might have (without doubt) was very surprised .... Finally the CT was not all bad ...

Good news...re checked last Thursday and...same problem result of the brake test bench 45% imbalance : Shock: it was at 49% during the first visit and 1% more efficiency on the parking brake....I checked the brakes again...Nothing that can explain this problem to me...Just the left jaws brighter than the right... Removal and metrological control of the drums RAS a good shot of emery cloth in all this and re test (gratos the controller is nice) nothing better... Purchase of new wheel linings and cylinders , 200km rolling assembly without using regenerative braking (loss of 10 to 15% autonomy on the way) ... And last passage in counter visit ... more imbalance but less braking force but still within the standards .. ..PHEW...

In short, Christophe has problems with discs that rust in eco-driving... For me, it's the drums that freeze not to be used...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/08/22, 22:18

Your buddy Jack Daniels let you down? :D :D :D
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 26/08/22, 22:23

sicetaitsimple wrote:Your buddy Jack Daniels let you down? :D :D :D
No, they were swayed...And they were on vacation when I had the czero on the ct...And when it's results from a jack daniel bench, there's not much you can do about it... Apart from passing another car but there we are more in the fact of not having seen something at the moment t .... We are in pure and simple fraud ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"