Ecodriving, yes ... but watch out for premature wear!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Eco-driving, yes ... but watch out for premature wear!

by Macro » 28/06/22, 00:22

Frank acceleration with my c zero... Autonomy in free fall... I have just changed the first set of front tires... At 89000 km : Cheesy: pads are 25% worn : Cheesy:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/22, 00:29

I thought you shouldn't overload the car… how much does the instructor make? 140 kg? : Mrgreen:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/06/22, 08:01

A very simple thing too.

On my ion, like the Macro c0, when you lose range on usual routes, like 10 km, on a car that has 100, you check the tire pressure, and bingo! usually 10% is missing....

On these cars, it shows immediately....

Normal pressure at 2.5, and when I had a longer route to go, I changed to 3.2.....

And doing eco-driving, when you have 100 km of autonomy, you learn super fast.

You use the "engine brake".... You arrive in town, without having applied the brake, at the right speed....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/06/22, 20:21

Normal pressure at 2.5, and when I had a longer route to go, I changed to 3.2.....
and in the event of an accident, the insurance companies refuse to pay for non-compliance with the manufacturers' instructions.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/06/22, 20:31

Janic wrote:
and in the event of an accident, the insurance companies refuse to pay for non-compliance with the manufacturers' instructions.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Sources, articles of law? Example cases?

Yes, I know, I was not cool on the pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, I should have asked, do you think there were cases where it had already happened ....

But tonight, I don't care .... And again, I haven't done basic janic .....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 28/06/22, 21:34

Janic wrote:

It's wrong. Bullshit. Statements as void in legal matters as in all the other areas he talks about.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/06/22, 08:27

Switching from my c zero to the ct yesterday ... Counter visit for the rear brakes, slight imbalance (only % : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: ) the car is only 10 years old and has 84000 km These are drum brakes... The diagnosis of the controller is a mechanical fault because both the pedal and the handbrake are unbalanced... Problem brakes that are never used ... in daily use over 52 km I touch the brakes 6 times on the last 3 or 4 meters before stopping at a traffic light or at the stop sign ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/22, 10:27

Janic wrote:

Do not exagerate ! Unless a tire has burst, no expert will ever check tire pressure after an accident...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/06/22, 14:23

christophe
Do not exagerate ! Unless a tire has burst, no expert will ever check tire pressure after an accident...
not necessarily after a burst. The expert, by reflex, will also take a look at tire wear and therefore the central wear of overinflated tires which reduce grip on the ground and particularly on wet or greasy ground.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/22, 16:03

He will also check the geometry you think? : Mrgreen:

A bit difficult on a wreck…
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"