Eco-driving in practice: Tips that work!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Eco-driving in practice: tips that work!

by sicetaitsimple » 23/01/20, 14:32

Christophe wrote:I think that manufacturers automatically use regenerative ("more or less") because drivers are used to this,

They mainly use regenerative to regenerate and increase autonomy, rather than dissipating heat energy in brakes!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/01/20, 14:33

The EVs that I know (psa from the 90s) ... Are equipped with direct current carbon motors ... which transform into generators when they are driven by the inertia of the vehicle ... The electronics of the calculator handles the business rather well ... A zero center meter allows you to see immediate consumption and if by lifting your foot you bring the needle to 0 you freewheel, you lift the foot and the needle more goes on the negative side ... It recharges the battery ... (with losses) and it brakes the car ... It even happens in extreme descents or even with the foot at the bottom when the car gets to exceed 95km: h the calculo cuts the power supply and if it continues to gain speed it switches to regulated .....

And indeed it avoids dissipating energy unnecessarily in the brakes .... The pads and discs of my 106 are new ... from 2001 ... And around 50km .. But hey ... The batteries are hs ... : Shock: I would prefer to put pads more often and batteries less often
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/01/20, 15:10

Christophe wrote:May NOT be ... It means it can be too! Must follow! : Cheesy: Manu also explained with other words ...

Forget it I think I found the why of how to the systematic engine brake of EVs, see my message just before!

A slight lack of attention. That's what it's like to do 36 things at the same time. :|
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/20, 17:23

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:I think that manufacturers automatically use regenerative ("more or less") because drivers are used to this,

They mainly use regenerative to regenerate and increase autonomy, rather than dissipating heat energy in brakes!

Thank you for taking me for an idiot!

Obviously you did not follow that one does not speak no braking phases but "neutral" phases! That is to say when we do not accelerate any more and we do not brake yet !!

I put it in Glow for you to see it!
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 23/01/20, 17:33

It’s fine when it’s all flat without bends
We have big signs with "use your engine brake" otherwise 10kms lower, the brakes are so hot that it brakes more and while driving quietly with a loaded torquey diesel.
And at the attack after the panel 80 or 90 (2 ways) at the pin entry we are afraid to 60 even on a motorcycle. If we miss a turn it's 500m up to 10m in a vacuum
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"