Eco-driving in practice: Tips that work!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

Re: Eco-driving in practice: tips that work!

by Christophe » 22/01/20, 14:30

izentrop wrote:For eco-driving, you have to anticipate, use the engine brake and brake as little as possible, but the flowing pipe is also to reach its cruising speed quickly by mounting its ratios at nominal power.

Bof bof bof ... already the nominal power is reached only at the maximum speed of the vehicle! : Cheesy: Maybe you wanted to say the maximum torque regime?

So you have to accelerate frankly but not foot to the floor!

If we reason by the absurd, in mechanics (not quantum), an infinite acceleration would require an infinite power / energy!

After it is true that poor vehicle yields can compensate for this: we consume less per 100km at 90 km / h than at 20 km / h ... so it is in our interest to arrive at the minimum consumption speed as quickly as possible!

Worries: the manufacturers never give it ... you have to try to find it with your on-board computer ...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 22/01/20, 17:03

I have a Toyota Yaris 2 D4D turbo diesel 200000kms.
On-board computer with discount at all times of average consumption.
The day I got it. 30kms of a draft limited to 90. 3,7l / 100
Now. 30kms from a milking limit 80. 2,6l / 100
Bridgestone front tires put in the back. 185-60-15
Front tire GREEN-MAX HP consumption class B 35 € piece excluding fitting.
IMG_20200122_144903.jpg

A device (between 50 and 90 € on eBay: I forgot, stuck in the air intake) on the electronics of the injection which seems to intervene on the computer with the lambda probe, more torque, less cons. To be removed for CT. Very simple: inlet / outlet stitching.
Adjustable every 10% from 0 to 100, on 70 or 80 (it's old).
IMG_20200122_142522.jpg

Méca run diesel (not found in the cellar) It is a 10ml syringe for 40l of diesel. Pile pile, and economical. Reduces the engine torque over the minute revolutions and cleans the injector.
This is the photo of what is left, Murphy stole the right one.
Meca run P18 for the next oil change, not yet set.
Driving as before. A small rally in the non-straight lines of the passes from here sometimes to clean up by looking behind if the turbo in overfeed spits black or not.
Very often small trips starting cold.
Stable consumption around 4,2 or 4,3l / 100
IMG_20200122_144733.jpg
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Did67

by Did67 » 22/01/20, 17:15

I think a lot has changed, notably the fact that the accelerator pedal no longer acts directly on a throttle "butterfly". But that this goes through the computers, which also know the air flow rates, via the measuring valve ...

You accelerate a little, clearly, or foot to the floor, the calculator will only send the amount of fuel depending on what the engine can burn cleanly.

This is another area where "grandpa's advice" can be wiped off with ... But these are the ones the crowd rambles on!

There are in what is mentioned above, two things which are not the same:

a) what is the speed / regime where mileage consumption is lowest? There, the maximum torque regime is a decoy: we certainly have the highest possible torque, but ... we do not need it !!! So we burn petrol for nothing. Just to show muscle!

b) what is the acceleration allowing to reach this speed which consumes the least? Should we accelerate hard but for a shorter time or slowly but for a long time? I think that as long as it does not "smoke", the difference should not be great, the energy being correctly converted ...

I am amazed at how flat, accelerated idle speeds consume the least with recent engines! I recently drove this bitch car, the FIAT 500, for the first time, in its version equipped with the Twin Air petrol two-cylinder engine. Quite surprising. Flat, at 80/90 km / h, it consumed little - well, a road is never flat. But sometimes less than 3 l / 100 km depending on the computer.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/01/20, 17:28

Did67 wrote:this bitch car that is the FIAT 500,

What is this vocabulary !!! Bah promises volume 2 : Mrgreen: !
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/01/20, 19:57

GuyGadebois wrote: an automatic gearbox with double clutch which consumes less than its equivalent to manual gearbox.

Sorry ... The same engine with the fabulous VW dsg boxes consume more than with their manual equivalents (tested on two identical tourans a manual a car) ... on the other hand they are less greedy than the continuously variable transmission (with converter hydraulic coupled on a chain variator) tested on two audi A6 (all this is taxi vehicle that runs 100 / year).

For freewheeling ... Tested on a VW caravel on the flat at 130 on the highway when I see the sign peage at 2000m I lift my foot and the thing goes into freewheeling and I land at peage by braking on 5metres ... .a 0.9l / h ... in engine brake I do 1000metres at 0l100 to land at zero toll
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/01/20, 20:28

Macro wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote: an automatic gearbox with double clutch which consumes less than its equivalent to manual gearbox.

Sorry ... The same engine with the fabulous VW dsg boxes consume more than with their manual equivalents (tested on two identical tourans one manual one car) ...

Why then does the same model emit less Co2 in an automatic gearbox than in a mechanical gearbox?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 22/01/20, 20:44

GuyGadebois wrote:Why then does the same model emit less Co2 in an automatic gearbox than in a mechanical gearbox?

capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (68.38 KB) Viewed times 3034
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/01/20, 20:53

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Did67 wrote:this bitch car that is the FIAT 500,

What is this vocabulary !!! Bah promises volume 2 : Mrgreen: !

The editor is watching !!! I'm venting here !!!

PS: But say the opposite ???

PS2: But I really liked it - the (rental) car, not the bitch behind the wheel; finally if, if you follow me: it was my wife (the same for more than 30 years; a few hours of flight all the same; well, to stuff a zyg like me, must do it too; less easy to drive than a Fiat 500 Twin Air!) ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/01/20, 21:08

Macro wrote:For freewheeling ... Tested on a VW caravel on the flat at 130 on the highway when I see the sign peage at 2000m I lift my foot and the thing goes into freewheeling and I land at peage by braking on 5metres ... .a 0.9l / h ... in engine brake I do 1000metres at 0l100 to land at zero toll

Yes, that's what I described above. In the first case, the engine must maintain its idling speed and consume. In the second, it brakes, cuts the fuel supply and goes into compressor mode ... It no longer consumes anything.

It didn't exist before injections and electronics. But we keep rambling on the old recipes!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/01/20, 21:25

Did67 wrote:well, stuff a zyg like me, you have to do it too; less easy to drive than a Fiat 500 Twin Air!) ...

I almost wrote something a little bit in the same vein : Mrgreen:!
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"