Mix diesel + gasoline or E85 ethanol: consume less and clean your Diesel engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Occip
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Diesel Car: consume less with a little SP95

by Occip » 07/06/19, 09:39

Christophe wrote:
I have been working on engines for over 20 years and have never heard the term rough? You can explain?

Especially since it seems to contradict the fact that it is more flexible ... gain of flexibility I had predicted it eh : Cheesy:

The rough side for me is the speed of reaction when the pedal is pressed. On recent diesels there is always a bit of lag because of the turbo.
And flexibility is the ability to roll under speed without lattices and with a good acceleration capacity, my engine was already quite flexible before (I often drive at 1500tr min in steady state).

For the weekend measurements it will be complicated I take the highway with a headwind of 80km with the minivan I will happily pass the 6l / 100.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/06/19, 09:56

Uh houlala it's weird as a definition ... : Cheesy:

For me flexible it is precisely your definition of your rough: to be able to take turns well ... it does not matter whether it is under diet or not ...

So an engine is "flexible" at low speed and rough after according to these definitions, but ultimately we are talking about the same behavior: being able to go up "quickly" in the revs and provide displacement power? I have good? : Mrgreen:

In short we agree: with gasoline, bin is more flexible (or rough : Mrgreen: )!

ps: rough thing is something that hangs so I still do not understand the use of this term about flexibility! : Shock: Finally the mysteries of the French language ...
0 x
Occip
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Occip » 09/06/19, 23:14

Hi,
Indeed all this remains subjective, and if the French language gets involved :), on insertion on the highway, I noticed a better acceleration which did not generate a lower consumption.
Because it is done, I could recalculate my consumption, I made 830km and I was able to put back 50 liters which makes 6.02 liters per 100. Against 5,7l on my full with pure diesel.
It may seem very negative but I did more than 200 km on the highway with a headwind of 80km / h. I will leave on a mixture at 4% to see ...

A suivre
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/06/19, 08:33

Occip wrote: I was able to put back 50 liters
It seems very round as a value. Normally, for a full to full measurement, we arrange for the full to be full by triggering the pistol several times, not by stopping battery at the round number?
0 x
Occip
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Occip » 10/06/19, 10:51

It is true I have a little rounded, the exact value was 50,08, since I did not refuel in my usual station, I made you thanks to the 8 centilitres.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/19, 12:15

If you accelerate faster and you don't consume more, you are consuming less! QED! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

This technique can only work by practicing eco-driving, as I never roll with my feet on the floor ... and your 200 km at almost 200 km / h of relative wind it is on that that counted!

I also found that the results improved with time: after 6 or 7 refills I am at 4,9-5.0 L / 100km the first refills (in mixture) 5,5-5,6L / 100km and I contented with gains in flexibility.

Finally if the engine is more flexible it is that it knocks less and therefore sulfur and wears less: how much to estimate an improvement in the life of the engine? : Idea:
1 x
Occip
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Occip » 11/06/19, 10:14

Hello,

I did my 2 * 260km return trip.
At odb I get:
Go 5.8l / 100: very unfavorable wind, mix SP95 at 4%
Return: 5.2l / 100: favorable wind, SP95 mixture at about 0.35% (5 liters balance in the tank at 4% SP95)

Difficult to get an idea, I think that in the coming months with the increase in temperatures consumption will automatically drop with or without SP95. The ultimate test would be to average consumption over a full year!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/19, 10:42

Yes difficult, see how you have the "heavy foot" too!

Occip wrote:The ultimate test would be to average consumption over a full year!

This is what I'm doing (I have already done 5-6000 km since I "mix", see my feedback above) ...

And why that 1 year? The reduction in noise and the improvement in flexibility translate into improved combustion, just for that it is worth it to continue mixing ... even if the gains at the pump are not always measurable ...

Well, it would be interesting to do vibration or sound analysis tests (with and without mix): there are effective smartphone applications for this. I use Bosch iNVH for example: https://appcenter.bosch.com/details/-/app/iNVH

The concern is to find a location on the engine and not be afraid that the phone will fall or heat and especially do the exact same road cycle ... the ideal would be a dynamometer, I don't have one. .
1 x
Occip
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Occip » 11/06/19, 11:11

My foot is rather light, I try to brake as little as possible by anticipating as much as possible.

We could possibly bring up the consos in spritmonitor to compare, we could also make an average of the impact of the increase in temperature.

For the bosh application, the best would be to add a micro usb under the engine hood with enough wire so that the phone remains in the passenger compartment.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/19, 11:18

Yes for the comparison on SM ... I just looked there are huge disparities for the same cars and engine. We even find aberation, like 200 cv petrol at less than 5L / 1000 ...

So actually I don't know ...The best would be to find a member of SM who has a good history of his car and who goes to the mix ...

Occip wrote:For the bosh application, the best would be to add a micro usb under the engine hood with enough wire so that the phone remains in the passenger compartment.

No because it uses (also and fortunately) internal accelerometers ... it analysis "one-dimensional" (= sound) is not sufficient I think ...
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"