Cleanup of gasoline engines with alcohol to burn?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 28/06/12, 23:11

Flytox wrote:
To improve your pollution, as I told you above, you should improve your ignition. When you have mileage, the lighter starts messing around and the advance (mechanical) curve easily makes incursions beyond tolerances + hysteresis problems. Reproducibility of settings ???

Yet the ignition had been reviewed this winter with a change of a capacitor.
In addition I also had SP 98 in the tank.
Flytox wrote:
I had a 4L van a few years ago, she could not go straight down, she was maxing around 90km / meter. Once started and in temperature, it was necessary to return to the neutral position, give it a good throttle to empty then re-gear, and then it reached 110 km / h. l : Mrgreen: The cause of this operation appeared the day I replaced the said lighter by a less naze, the first time the car was going to bottom. : Mrgreen:

Are these 4 L character? Mine sometimes starts messing around for a few minutes!
She still goes to more than 130 km / h.

To install an electronic ignition, chai pas ...
Make accurate measurements of pollution with the mechanics of 25 years of age ... not obvious. :?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/06/12, 06:23

Changing the air filter is not enough! In the old oil there is carbon formation ...

So for the basic rule [the b_a ba,] it is:
Emptying;
+ change the oil filter
+ new oil, exclusively the recommended one (do not put back the old filtered : Mrgreen: )
+ change the air filter (do not "recondition" the old one : Mrgreen: ).
+ change the candles, (do not try to just clean them and put them back for the visit and check the spacing according to the manual, sometimes it's the right candle but not the good spacing ... Keep the old ones in case but ride and pass the test with new ones!)
+ check: check if there is not a small leak in the muffler. Have the catalyst checked (if there is one)
+ in the alternative, do not forget to change the fuel filter (for old vehicles, and especially for injection engines => according to mileage)

Only after that can we deduce if there are other problems amha ...

Depending on the result of the test, we can still try a few things:
- put an additive in the gasoline to clean the valve seats ... etc.
- ditto for the injectors, on an injection (Alain G had given pipes)
- to intervene on the mixture, by adding acetone (very little and just to pass the visit, and MAKE GAFFE AND RESPECT the DOSAGE for the petrol additives ...!):
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post223610.html#223610
- possibly increase the viscosity of the oil!
See this post:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post223741.html#223741
- Attention, the synthetic oil has more difficulty to burn on porcelain candles ... Put the recommended oil, do not "try" without being sure what you do.

And after that if it does not work: engine diagnosis.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/06/12, 08:34

And think about checking and regulating the valve game ..

I also come back to what Flytox said at the beginning of the post: check that the carburetor is in good condition (no fire in the butterfly, good sprinklers no internal leak)

For the ignition curve a transistor (weleman kit) nor will not do much, it will certainly solve the defect related to the circuit of discharge of condo but the curve it is fixed by the centrifugal device (with sometimes in addition a depression actuator but on r4 I'm not sure)
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 29/06/12, 16:33

Thank you for your advice.

The 4 L returns to the garage ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/06/12, 17:54

Thin ... I forgot the last tip: NEVER bring your car to a car mechanic : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

(Unless it's imperative and unless you know nothing about it like Aerialcastor)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/06/12, 18:11

the renault 4 has a low enough ignition ... the slightest wear of the breaker is a drop of spark power and it works poorly

the least dirty candle and it does not end

the dispenser is small, I have seen several with internal crack that build up dirt and moisture to short circuit between the 2 cylinder ... it really messes up the engine

other cars have larger distributors and this problem is much rarer

Some engines have more powerful ignition than others: on my Citroen GS I have never had any ignition failure even with the oldest candles ... I have often taken the candle of the GS for to troubleshoot another engine, and to put the candle of the other engine completely fouled in the GS which still remains and cleans them in a few days

I had then GSA with electronic ignition that works very new, but all started to mess with 15ansans ... I have put back ignition switch GS older
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/06/12, 18:27

chatelot16 wrote: ... I put back the ignition switch GS older

Oh, is it possible to do that? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

But then in this case we must be able to do it for any vehicle and goodbye all this electronic merdouille which breaks down and that the manufacturers refuse to repair (or even to replace the controllers of the internal computers: as with the minivans of at Peugeot !!! etc)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/06/12, 20:10

Obamot wrote:
chatelot16 wrote: ... I put back the ignition switch GS older

Oh, is it possible to do that? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

But then in this case we must be able to do it for any vehicle and goodbye all this electronic merdouille which breaks down and that the manufacturers refuse to repair (or even to replace the controllers of the internal computers: as with the minivans of at Peugeot !!! etc)

You can mount a different ignition on "any" engine, it takes a lot of tinkering or even make adaptation parts, timing marks etc ... but after ... you have to adjust it, tamper with the advance mechanical + vacuum advance ...... and there it gets worse ...... : Mrgreen: Doing better than original is long and difficult!

There are things that work well, keep the settings of mechanical advance + depression of origin but change the au gratin original screws when it is possible by a cassette system where we adjust the spacing of the screws in operation by the outside of the igniter by looking at the percentage of Dwell. Above a Velleman electronic ignition kit and we have a good reliable thing that starts and accelerates well, takes the regime and without ratcheting : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/06/12, 20:49

GS GSA is a case where the setting of the classic igniter is exactly the same as that of the electronic igniter

it's more complicated with the more recent engine design that never had a conventional igniter

the classic lighter is not necessarily better: it wears and it is deregle, but advantage is always reparable with the means of the edge ... never completely down

for the tronconeuse and gensets the electronic ignition are perfect: never broken down ... there is really a problem to make as much problem in the car ... too much sensor and gadget integrated in the same electronic box?

to return to the history of ethanol: with the classic carburettor it is common that the air mixture gasoline is too rich, and alas there is only the slow one which is easily adjustable: at full power it is necessary to change the jet: putting ethanol is a way to develop wealth

to turn with pure ethanol it is necessary to increase the diameter of the jet ... to add ethanol to the gasoline without changing of jet is equivalent to decrease the wealth: good to polute less

it is common that an engine works better with a small proportion of ethanol: it is a proof that it is too rich in its normal state
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Depollution of gasoline engines with methylated spirits?

by gildas » 08/09/20, 14:16

Hello!

2020 update!

I wanted to repeat the 90 ° alcohol / gasoline mixture experiment on a mower, and there the mixture became cloudy with a priori deposit of water in the bottom of the container ...
The gasoline was sp 98 however and not 95 as before.

All my experiments are at your own risk and may cause breakdowns or accidents.
As already said, it's experimental!
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"