Cleanup of gasoline engines with alcohol to burn?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/05/11, 21:12

Blunder, the 4 is not very young and certainly not intended to have alcohol in gasoline. Your gas pump may not like the joke at all. : Cry:

For the pollution of your 4L, look if you have no play on the throttle shaft of the carburetor. This is very common when they have mileage and it becomes a fuel pit and it pollutes to block ...
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 13/05/11, 22:48

Hi Flytox!

French tanks are not equipped with bearing on the throttle axis as American tanks?
: Cheesy:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/05/11, 23:32

On these old carbons (Zenith and Solex), it is very badly done and the axis of the butterfly attacks directly / ovalizes the body of the carbu in Zamac (or cochonium of the same barrel : Mrgreen: ). There is not even a joint ..... at the end of 60000 km it is worn and it starts to enter the air .... Some of these carbs do not even have a repair solution. ..it must be changed in whole. For some there is a boring dimension of the body and a ring to mount on the axis of the butterfly.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/05/11, 23:36

Yes, but the observation of Citro is worth its weight in margarine!

We had already spoken here that putting a few percent of acetone was reducing consumption ... But frankly, if there is a way to change the mixture, it would be all good ...

citro wrote:: arrowu: I asked myself the same kind of question since my saffron LPG was thrown to the technical control for pollution in petrol mode.

I found that some smart guys passed their autos only with E85 to improve the result of the pollution.

In digging the question I discovered that different fuels have varying levels of C and H in their composition.

The less C there is in the composition, the less CO and CO2 will be in the exhaust. 8)
The ideal fuel, from this point of view, is hydrogen. :D

I also saw that ETBE was very interesting ...

Who can answer that? What would be the fuel mixture that would be the least polluting (without exploding the engine, hahahahah ........)?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/05/11, 11:01

Gildas wrote:I was able to measure the pollution of the 4 L, no improvement with the mixture alcohol-gasoline, however by disconnecting the reniflar pollution down by 80%! This means that the engine consumes oil.:|

It's a bit off topic, but ... To improve your 4L for pollution, you would have to mount an electronic ignition kit (like Velleman). The engine starts better, accelerates better, runs more round, consumes a little less ... I have not measured but there are certainly benefits on pollution too.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 17/05/11, 18:40

Well, finally the problem of pollution came from the air filter prematurely clogged maybe because of a small leak at the exhaust manifold.
After a brief cleaning of the air filter, a new measure of pollution, the CO dropped by 30%compared to my old CT of a year ago. 40% drop without the air filter! CO: 1,80 corrected, CO2: 10 (without filter), Oxygene 2%.
I remember that my fuel is always composed of 10% alcohol to burn.Je will of course change my filter and even make a measurement with that of SP 95 and without the air filter to compare well.

Flytox, still no game on the throttle butterfly, there is a seal on the axis of the starter butterfly, your R4 carbu was to be an antique!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 17/05/11, 22:41

Gildas wrote:Well, finally the problem of pollution came from the air filter prematurely clogged maybe because of a small leak at the exhaust manifold.

I already found this problem on my 4L, it seemed that the filter had eaten oil, yet the connection of the breather is further .... at the end of 5 or 10000 Km it was again all dirty ... : Mrgreen:
Petben that the engine had suffered ... and spewed vapors of oil at the time of the hot weather? ?

Flytox, still no game on the throttle butterfly, there is a seal on the axis of the starter butterfly, your R4 carbu was to be an antique!

She already had a bottle of 1975-1977 about ... : Mrgreen:
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 08/06/11, 19:18

Hello everybody

New measurement of pollution on the R4 this time only with SP 95 to see the difference compared to the mixture gasoline-alcohol (10% alcohol to burn in the tank).

It was difficult to obtain 2,6 for the CO yet with an air filter
almost new! (It was necessary to adjust the carb)

My measure before was 2 for the CO (without adjusting anything) with a not new air filter but previously cleaned. On the other hand the CO2 had slightly increased.

Cleanup certain of at least 30% for CO with a mixture
alcohol (10%) - gasoline (90%) and less odor in the exhaust.

The alcohol to be burned at 90 ° contains about 140 grams of water per liter which makes 14 grams of water in the mixture alcohol-essence for one liter, possible that it also acts on the depollution.

100 gram of alcohol to 90% v / v contains 85,66 grams of ethanol.

http://www.facmed-annaba.com/pharmacie/ ... 202006.pdf

Warning! If you also plan to ride with alcohol
with an old car, the fuel system may need to be monitored.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 28/06/12, 17:36

Hello,

The technical control of the approaching 4 L, I took the opportunity to redo 10 mixture% of alcohol to burn and thus walk 250 kms before the CT.

Well, the CO showed up at 2,7! Air filter yet clean!

So nothing extraordinary, maybe this is due to a maladjustment or progressive wear of the engine.: Cry:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/06/12, 19:03

Gildas wrote:Hello,

The technical control of the approaching 4 L, I took the opportunity to redo 10 mixture% of alcohol to burn and thus walk 250 kms before the CT.

Well, the CO showed up at 2,7! Air filter yet clean!

So nothing extraordinary, maybe this is due to a maladjustment or progressive wear of the engine.: Cry:

To improve your pollution, as I told you above, you should improve your ignition. When you have mileage, the lighter starts messing around and the advance (mechanical) curve easily makes incursions beyond tolerances + hysteresis problems. Reproducibility of settings ???

I had a 4L van a few years ago, she could not go straight down, she was maxing around 90km / meter. Once started and in temperature, it was necessary to return to the neutral position, give it a good throttle to empty then re-gear, and then it reached 110 km / h. l : Mrgreen: The cause of this operation appeared the day I replaced the said lighter by a less naze, the first time the car was going to bottom. : Mrgreen:
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"