Request for information: 12kW electric motor on battery

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/05/10, 10:29

dedeleco wrote:... Battery LiFePO4 36V 36Ah
to multiply by 30 for car either in the 20000 € and 150Kilos
http://www.lifepo4.fr/lifepo4_batteries_12V_36Ah.html
But the price will decrease !!!!
And why by 30. :?: : Shock:
30 packs of 36V 36Ah represent an embedded capacity of 39kWh is more than 3 times the capacity embedded in my 106 (12kWh).
If we return to an identical capacity we are doing well for a budget of 6000 € and a mass sufficient not to lose payload or seating (the 106 electric only has 4 seats because of mass battery) .

Once again you reason like users of thermal car, conditioned to systematic waste ... The mentalities will be long to evolve ... :frown:

From a practical point of view, reloading 39 kwh on an 16A socket will take at least (theoretical, but more in reality) 11 Hours. If this is too long for your needs, you will be forced to take a more powerful subscription, maybe three-phase, plus a fast charger or semi-fast, hello the cost ...
Again, it amounts to rushing into the divergent spiral of overconsumption (I prefer waste) dear to our friend Michel Kieffer.
:?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/05/10, 13:22

Thank you for this info on the metallization (-5% to respect) but it is about NiCd (150000Km),
A well "cycled" and maintained battery can traverse 150 000Kms.

but it is not a lead battery
and if we put everywhere batteries discarded, burned with cars in the HLM, with the real poison Cd, it will be infinitely worse than the Pb !!!

Note the cars are easily burned by the hooligans and release plenty of poisons everywhere including lead in blocks melted on the parking and vapors!
Nobody says it !!!

The Li is better but the land does not seem to have enough easily mobilized for all of us, except in the sea like gold!
The Y of LIFeYPO4 is a problem with Y, rare earth, too!

Batteries are not easy to develop for a century !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 10/05/10, 13:27

Who saw LiFePO4 batteries 36V 36Ah ???

I only see 12 volts!
: Shock:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 10/05/10, 14:05

It's not three-phase but single-phase!

I suggested this generator for the simple reason that we can vary the voltage with the excitement to bring it back to that of the motor controller!

By adding some power diodes and some capacitors we convert the alternating current into direct current as in a simple power supply!

alain if I understood correctly the current that would come out of my genset would be exactly the same as the 20 6v 200ah battery packs? so I could if I'm not mistaken running my vehicle directly with the group without the batteries no?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 10/05/10, 14:52

Blackberry

Yes, but!!!

If you do not put batteries you will have to have a good load of capacitors to stabilize the power supply!
0 x

Alain
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/05/10, 15:37

dedeleco wrote:The Li is better but the land does not seem to have enough easily mobilized for all of us, except in the sea like gold!
The Y of LIFeYPO4 is a problem with Y, rare earth, too!

Batteries are not easy to develop for a century !!
We do not know yet if lithium is better ... :?
There is already enough to supply for a few decades and the one that can be extracted from the sea already costs only 10 times more expensive than terrestrial lithium (80 € terrestrial lithium per car or 800 € marine lithium in l 'Current state).

Yes the batteries are not easy to develop, I even think that they do not represent a solution for the future of energy storage ... They represent just the best CURRENT technology.
:?
As a reminder, lead batteries were invented ago 150 years ago, by Gaston Planté. Image
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/05/10, 15:53

If you do not put batteries you will have to have a good load of capacitors to stabilize the power supply!

Small practical exercise: what value of capacitor for a second of buffer operation or 10 seconds ???
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condensate ... t%C3%A9%29
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercondensateur
Is it possible to find this capacitor with this voltage and current, for an acceptable price ????

The unity of Farad is huge !!!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 10/05/10, 18:24

dedeleco wrote:

Small practical exercise: what value of capacitor for a second of buffer operation or 10 seconds ???
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condensate ... t%C3%A9%29
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercondensateur
Is it possible to find this capacitor with this voltage and current, for an acceptable price ????

The unity of Farad is huge !!!

No relation with our case!

10,000 to 50,000 Mfd is amply enough to stabilize the generator output, ideally several capacitors in parallel with terminals screwed on aluminum or copper bars.
0 x

Alain
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:re

by I Citro » 10/05/10, 21:42

lamure wrote:It's not three-phase but single-phase!
I suggested this generator for the simple reason that we can vary the voltage with the excitement to bring it back to that of the motor controller!
By adding some power diodes and some capacitors we convert the alternating current into direct current as in a simple power supply!
Three-phase is preferable to single-phase for several reasons:
    The yield, spread over three phases is (I think) greater than single phase.
    The rectification will be easier and "cleaner" with less powerful capacitors
I saw that fast charging terminals used dodecaphased transformer which we can easily imagine the shape (linearity) of the output signal. : Idea:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/05/10, 22:52

No relation with our case!
10,000 to 50,000 Mfd is amply enough to stabilize the generator output, ideally several capacitors in parallel with terminals screwed onto aluminum or copper bars.

YES to have continuous with few oscillations 50Hz (three-phase better), but a generator takes a certain time to react to go from rest to full power (throttle) of the order of the second and it is good to have such a buffer of a few seconds.
Otherwise the voltage will go down and the motor controller, seeing a low battery, or empty, will go to safety rest of the battery that no longer exists!
The controller likes a stable battery, but not a battery with a fluctuating voltage full of moods of the generator, facing the brutal demands of power!
Unless connecting the accelerator to that of the generator ????. and to disengage it if necessary! So as much connect the diesel on the wheels directly ?????

Given the price of the elements there is interest to reflect and compare the various opinions!
0 x