Converting a car engine for stationary use

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 25/10/13, 09:13

for sound as for idling, the purpose of storage is not to run all day, but just part of the day! and at the bottom! it is cooled so well traded, the engine does not risk anything, just stay in the cooling ranges, and add several car radiators as heat exchangers.

1 or 2 hours, obviously this boiler (here's the new word for combustion engines) can be coupled with solar panels, like any boiler;

+ in on an engine with the gearbox it has a power shaft with different speeds, the steering wheel right I do not know if we can use the wheel but can act ... Saw? mechanical ski lift to alternative ski resort? : Cheesy: plow mechanism for a field? short ....

if not on car engine can be used in this way: after returning from a trip, for example to go to work elsewhere, a sufficient distance, the battery is fully loaded, you can even put one in 2 ° series (+ large alternator to predict), and the engine warm for a long time: you can put a plate heat exchanger on the coolant and have instant hot water.
it is also possible (as any course, and even easier with Recycling) install 2 valve on the car cooling system (90 ° C) in order to connect the home circuit, or interchange ...

I'm not ready to throw my old works XUD IN ADDITION to free fry oil! ! ! ! ! Rudolf thank you and long live the rape fields
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/10/13, 11:57

all energy storage means are expensive, both to store electricity, that to store heat

I prefer a small engine, just the power it takes, and avoids storing

I had more electricity from EDF 1996, and I used all kind of engine: the most profitable are simply small Chinese motor group electrogene 6,5ch 2500W alternator 200 euro

a gasoline car engine is cheap ... but what to put around is not free

I just put the EDF because in a professional project there injection history in network ... so it must have a network!

this kind of small engine is very clean during 2 years: mounted in a room of the house with evacuation of the exhaust well sealed, there is no bad smell

the exhaust passes through several old tanks of compressed air, which serve as a heat exchanger: all the heat finished in the air of the room ... a ventilation sends it to the rest of the house

after 2 this kind of engine starts to spread bad smell

it's just an experience: this kind of small motor shows that this is possible, but we must build a special motor best suited: water cooled to best use heat

cast iron housing for mass be completely silent, completely waterproof ... with seal of stronger output shaft to be sealed throughout the engine life

a car engine is 10 times too much for a house: it is good for a generator of exeptionnel use, for example to operate a machine more powerful than the subscription edf

when I was doing the electricity with motor recovery, there was always 2 or 3 failure a month ... it's amazing all that can fall apart in motion on something that is always running

with Chinese electrogene group, no failure during the first anné, and then detail some really rare
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 25/10/13, 13:31

chatelot16 wrote:I prefer a small engine, just the power it takes, and avoids storing

it's just an experience: this kind of small motor shows that this is possible, but we must build a special motor best suited: water cooled to best use heat

you thinking unlicensed car engines, 1 water cooling cylinder (boiler) diesel (fried oil) that consumes nothing?
I saw that it existed in Kubota and lombardini, reliable and reputable?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/10/13, 13:58

jonule wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:I prefer a small engine, just the power it takes, and avoids storing

you thinking unlicensed car engines, 1 water cooling cylinder (boiler) diesel (fried oil) that consumes nothing?
I saw that it existed in Kubota and lombardini, reliable and reputable?

these small diesel are nice, but very sought so expensive even used

I used a Slanzi, similar but older used in public works ... a cooling air, terribly noisy when we do not know is believed to have cast a rod ... but no it's just the injection that is brutal!

and the small diesel does not necessarily have a long lasting life

ideal for the super small diesel is the engine boat ... but terribly expensive ... and as long lasting life are even used is expensive

there are even electrogene group for luxury boats, water cooled diesel, perfectly silent, exactly what it takes to make heating and electricity for a house ... but overpriced
0 x
Crabine7
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Converting a car engine to use a stationnair

by Crabine7 » 26/10/13, 10:20

Hello, I am very interested in this kind of conversion of a car engine into a generator engine that would run on solar power.
But I'm not in the game, and I would like to be directed to plans for a mechanic (project Burkina Faso).
Thank you

dede2002 wrote:Hello,

You can recycle a car engine for various uses, generators, pumps, etc ...

This is often free materials, scrap mills no longer keep up ...

The petrol engine adapts easily to all gases, and it is often used in cogeneration (winter).

I think there would be a means to improve the thermal efficiency at low cost because these engines are designed to have a great power.

In stationary use there is no need of a good power / weight ratio and a fixed regime is used (3000 rev / min for example.)

By doubling the compression ratio, and by throttling intake, we would have more relaxation and less loss to the exhaust, as with the Atkinson cycle.

Do you have any other ideas? And experiences to share?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 28/10/13, 18:41

Hello,

To make a plan must first know what we plan to achieve.

A generator that would work in solar that does not happen like that ...

A car engine to run a generator, it requires a reliable governor.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/10/13, 19:01

make a serious study is a big job: the one who does hope to make money by making and selling what he has developed

concluding that there is sloppy and lousy shots that are published on the net ... never what works

the advantage of a generator engine is the centrifugal regulator that controls the carburetor is already in the crankcase
0 x
Crabine7
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Crabine7 » 28/10/13, 19:04

Precisely, because "it doesn't happen like that", I need plans to be made by our mechanics on site, they can understand and realize.

As I said in my question, I do not know absolutely anything in this area, but I know the needs of people and their lack of financial resources, and the project may be a solution (among others)

So tell me that it is complicated etc., is not the answer I need, but detailed PLANS, concrete what!
THANK YOU
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 28/10/13, 19:07

The car engine has a very poor performance, its use in stationary diversion for particular cases, require high power in an isolated place.

It is the center of this, because even if one does work with renewable gas, it is not to waste it.

Especially in Africa where you do not need heat!
Last edited by dede2002 the 28 / 10 / 13, 19: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 28/10/13, 19:16

chatelot16 wrote:make a serious study is a big job: the one who does hope to make money by making and selling what he has developed

concluding that there is sloppy and lousy shots that are published on the net ... never what works

the advantage of a generator engine is the centrifugal regulator that controls the carburetor is already in the crankcase

Well here can also study without hope not earn money :?:
0 x