Candle decreasing the conso from 40 to 50%

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
rafpantone
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Candle decreasing the conso from 40 to 50%

by rafpantone » 12/10/05, 21:46

Good evening, following the reading of an article published in the nexus magazine N ° 38 May / June 2005, on the revolutionary candle "firestorm", invented by robert Krupa,
I decided to make one from a normal candle.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
That's what the firestorm spark plug looks like

In summary the characteristics of this special candle are:
-to have more power
to reduce the consumption of 44 to 50%, and
- dramatically reduce exhaust emissions.

patent2: see espacenet the US5936332 * put in filer joint pdf
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

The inventor hacked his first prototypes with nails and a file, as for the half sphere I had thought welded a ball on the central electrode, and for the hoops to make them from a rail of train electrical maillchor that would hold at their base embedded in mini holes drilled in the mass of the candle.
Do you have other ideas or construction techniques to make prototype candles?
greetings
0 x
lelectron
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lelectron » 12/10/05, 22:21

should especially find the system for sale because I think it's not just candles
I see a regulator to power the candle in the engine, the delco or other is changed, finally I think
if not then the foot: rolleyes:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/05, 22:38

Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 09 / 08, 22: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 13/10/05, 00:37

Hello Rafpantone.
I had read the article and was very interested in it; then abandoned the idea of ​​a use.
The author speaks of a half-sphere, even of a dome, and not of a ball.
You can always experiment, as you say, with pieces of iron and nickel silver, but in the air only. The author helped himself well, in his crafts with toothpicks ...
You will get an idea, comparing with an ordinary candle, if there is a greater radiant effect.
Making 4 identical real candles, to use them in your engine, is another challenge!
For the dome a ball ground half and pierced by the middle, to plant it on the central electrode; the negative cross-vault electrode, as you said, planted in 4 holes, in iron rod or stainless steel.
Weld the dome hole, the 4 bases of the mass and especially their crossing. A solder will not be enough; it would require a careful autogenous welding (?), maybe with a jeweler's torch, if it exists for this temperature; or by making a mini torch fueled with hydrogen ...
This is a lot of difficulties and hazards, to remake yourself what the other has done in a lifetime ... And for what consequent improvement?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained ! But to test in real, it is surely to fuck its engine! With a metal debris ...
In addition, increasing the area of ​​sparks is beneficial for the explosion, but decreases the power because the arc becomes multipoint. It would still be necessary to modify and increase the high voltage as it says Lelectron.

Gegyx
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/10/05, 07:14

Hello I enjoy that everyone sleeps to fill the first page!
I find you daring audieux of wanting to weld electrodes of candle and then the spose rsur an engine, I do not know if you have already seen what it does to the engine when a poercelaine pette or a candle electrode of reputed company breaks and falls into the cylinder at full speed, beautiful graffin in the cylinder and it does not come back, loss of compression, pumping oil, and it will never do a good engine, the difference between a good engine and engine is a few tens of millimeters.
For candles multielectrode it's moons that it's like that on airplanes and it is not more efficient it requires less adjustment more difficult worn 4 électodes but I believe that the candle éléctrode end and in point are more effective, the current that concentrates in the tip and the sparkle and hotter than several dispessées,
to find out if the ignition and good in a system I pass a sheet of paper quite quickly between two electrodes the sparks make small holes in the sheet and I count if the holes are regular and if there is no lack, a good system if the sheet stops briefly the hole quickly grown and the paper takes fire. With the old system has platinum is difficult to turn a paper.
For the economy of 50% even with 4 candles per cylinder I doubt that arrive at these figures, on planes we have 2 candles per cylinder it fires at the same time and on some engine there are 2 degrees of offset Continental C85 the differrence between walking with the two candles or one is 50RPM, at most it improves slightly but 50% ...... I ask to see
Andre
0 x
rafpantone
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rafpantone » 13/10/05, 09:22

I think that it is not only the candles I see a regulator to feed the candle in the engine, the delco or other is changed, finally I think

We see two candles a firestorm on the left and a normal on the right that are lit at the same time, in order to better compare them, so there is a good chance that they are powered by the same source hT? so nothing needs to change in the ignition and easier to implement?
a+
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 13/10/05, 09:22

Hello
Me neither do I believe it. I made electronic ignitions including one that went up to 40 KV and 120mJ for a Mercedes 3,5l V8 LPG, the best gain was 10% (tests for one year). We win more (20% or more) if we start from an ignition in bad condition as I had on a motorcycle (very resistant antiparasite, or porous HT son etc ...). And as the sage André tinkers with a traditional candle on a modern engine is the surest way to break it. The candles are subjected to thermal, chemical ... intense stresses. To weld something on the central electrode which are sometimes in Irridium and other special metals is not within the reach of everyone, I know there are also copper electrodes but probably allied with other metals.
I think we can only hope, with small modifications, small gains on a heat engine, but it's already good.
Michel
0 x
lelectron
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lelectron » 13/10/05, 10:07

rafpantone wrote:
We see two candles a firestorm on the left and a normal on the right that are lit at the same time, in order to better compare them, so there is a good chance that they are powered by the same source hT? so nothing needs to change in the ignition and easier to implement?
a+

nothing proves it for the opening of the arches

the command is from the same source for the syncro tempo but the THT system is different
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 13/10/05, 14:00

With my ignitions I tried with a spark gap (2 points plus an intermediate) I drew impressive arches of several centimeters but in the open it's easy. If you compare a normal candle with 0,8 mm of play and a spark gap with 2 cm of play, you will find that the spark gap is better. But in a confined volume (combustion chamber) and with compressed air it is much more difficult to draw bows. To test my lights in condition closer to reality I realized a small cylinder where I screwed a candle on one side and with a valve on the other side to inflate up to 10 bars, and there we see although it is much more difficult to light an arc depending on pressure and temperature. Compressed air was also used in the old THT circuit breakers (63, 225, 400 KV) to turn off the arc on opening. In short, a test in the open is not proof.
I believe more in candles with ring discharges (no protruding electrode) as in F1 but it takes a good high voltage to feed them ...
Michel
0 x
experanto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by experanto » 03/09/08, 22:29

Hello Rafpantone

It's already a good time that you wanted to make "Tempet de Fires" candle
I would currently like to make the copy or the personal version.
In 2000, I managed to do different transformations of spark plugs and then I tested them on my car. At the time, a friend from school told me that the company Bosche tested R.Krupa candles.
I have an idea how to soda and to know exactly where is true.It worked at Bosche but the 50% cigs he did not tell me
In case if it's true I would be able to make a version to me.
If someone has info and more I put it in practice.
Experanto
0 x