And aerodynamics?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Ca
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ca » 28/02/10, 20:32

Hi,
Decidedly this winter, doubled rhythm imposed upon me by my new job, have not been a source of great courage in me in terms of DIY car.
First an important point that I'm sorry, it's for being too sure of myself during the last posts, so in the end I was not necessarily right.
From the time I learned even in the field of aerodynamics.
I have to say that the spoiler of R16 TX is not vortex generator as I supported, but redirects the airflow to glue it as long as possible to the tailgate, or at least the area of recirculation is reduced
I have two other examples in this direction:
- Already, when I look at the new beetle rsi this example image Image
- And when I see a much reduced drag admittedly on trucks with a small plastic element (compared to the size of the mastodon) http://www.sdr-sys.com/
(Besides the question: what are the oblong or rectangular shaped grooves on the downslope of the spoiler reduce pressure?)

I tried to be my Javafoil, but this application is too focused on aeronautics.
If ever you know where I can get an aerodynamic simulation software cheaply, I borrow Gladly I try to learn to handle.

Regarding my consumption readings, I have made a small table since the beginning of the year, for the moment without any modification except "internal" (tire pressure, oil additive, which starts to not bad influence I can imagine)

Next step for me, molding crude resin vortex generators with 2 cubic magnets 5 mm integrated edge, each having 1 kg attachment strength, and grind them to a form a little less sharp edge.
Will just have to find a ball of wool, fine scotch, control video mode from my cell phone recently acquired, and a few kilos of courage.
After testing with the spoiler original corsa a gsi 2 phase more aesthetic than performing for my taste (that of 1 phase is much studied), it would be good if I also do without, and then with different configurations installation of baffles.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/03/10, 10:47

It wrote:... Regarding my consumption readings, I have made a small picture since the beginning of the year, for the moment without any modification except "internal" (tire pressure, oil additive, which starting to influence quite a bit I can imagine).
I too am making statements cons for over 25 years ... on paper and spreadsheets.
I even found posting sites like web PRK. : Arrowl: I recently contacted him to propose improvements ...

I see you progress in your understanding of complex aerodynamic phenomena. 8)
I also want to rapeller aérodynamiquee a process used by Citroën GS X (I do not remember if it was the X2 or X3 :? ).
These were vertical black bands of decreasing width stuck on the rear quarter windows to allow the air streams to "glue".
The simple and inexpensive method allowed with other aerodynamic elements (spoiler, spoiler) to obtain CX 0.32.

I have not found images ... :|

The interest is to demonstrate, as you have discovered, only small aerodynamic elements can have big effects.
8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/10, 10:53

citro wrote:The interest is to demonstrate, as you have discovered, only small aerodynamic elements can have big effects. 8)

Roooooh pkoi and therefore it is not mounted in series and original?
Roooooh lobbies watch! Special PB! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Interesting Spanish spoiler trucks!
0 x
Ca
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ca » 01/03/10, 11:57

I found an interesting picture of a Citroën GS (I think):

I saw true the same thing one day a Citroën CX:

Is this is the kind of fireworks the famous black bars?

Published by Christophe: stp uses our image host to not distort the forum https://www.econologie.com/forums/comment-me ... t1176.html
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 01/03/10, 12:16

The cow a CX GTI Turbo ... It was terrible as self ca ... The tachometer never stopped : Mrgreen:
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 01/03/10, 12:57

The louvers on the quarter panel window were only a "fad" and had little aerodynamic interest: the GS did not need that to wait 0.318 on the base club model, on the X2 X3 a small spoiler for compensate for the loss in the wider tires and double mirrors ...
Note that on the CX turbo, the spoiler has a transparent plastic "window" which closes the rear that is believed to be open: aerodynamicists have found that the flow was better like that ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/03/10, 18:28

It wrote:Is this is the kind of fireworks the famous black bars?

:? Not at all. :? : Arrowu:
The tapes in question were just "striping", that is to say adhesives ... :?

The principle was taken from the skin of sharks and other aerodynamically or hydrodynamically efficient animals that have been found to have an uneven surface.
0 x
Ca
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Ca » 03/03/10, 20:51

I immediately thought about what is in the photos when I read "black bands".
I would tend to say that it helps the flow of air to fall on a staircase on which he glues together on the late steps of this staircase,
finally me I do not want to write nonsense, though it's already done : Cheesy:

Today I tinkered a bit, I made a relatively strong but more than adequate mold:

Pose magnets on the first side:

When laying on the second side, the chopsticks were too thick, so the inner magnets of the same compartment were sticking, and sometimes I had chain reactions (full of magnets that come together) :x ) Relatively sympathetic to replace.
They 5 mm side with 1 kg each attachment strength, and even though I have no strength calculation,
do not tell me that with 2 kilos of attachment on the roof and the dimensions they have (given at the end) they will cross ^^ even 130 I do not believe too.
I reduced the thickness of the stick and it has held thereafter, and I realized then that I did not separate compartments, which was done a little later:

I stored carefully, because if I struck it may screw up all the magnets, and then I turn into a great warrior : Evil:
Remains to run from the resin without exceeding the height of the magnets in the mold, knowing 5 mm thickness is correct.
FYI, the delta-shaped wings are 40 mm long and 20 mm in height and form a triangle, which is about the most common form in the automotive and aeronautics.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 04/03/10, 14:47

citro wrote:
It wrote:Is this is the kind of fireworks the famous black bars?

:? Not at all. :? : Arrowu:
The tapes in question were just "striping", that is to say adhesives ... :?

The principle was taken from the skin of sharks and other aerodynamically or hydrodynamically efficient animals that have been found to have an uneven surface.

No, neither Citroën nor any car manufacturer has ever used adhesives other than decorative ones, and certainly not the “sharkskin” type since at the time the phenomenon of the boundary layer of sharks was not even known. .
Tests have been done on the aircraft, but the benefit was too skinny for everyday use, given the weight of shark skin movie, the cleaning and protection of difficulty ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/03/10, 15:20

oiseautempete wrote: No, neither Citroën nor any car manufacturer has ever used adhesives other than decorative ones, and certainly not the “sharkskin” type since at the time the phenomenon of the boundary layer of sharks was not even known. .
:?: Ah, I would have invented ... :?:
I think I wanted the info of the Citroen agent who maintained the DS of my father ... It was a sharp who explained that this allowed Airstream to pick ... I remember yet how he mimed the phenomenon with the hands and the mouth ...
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"