And if this were true

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
the-scribbler
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

And if this were true

by the-scribbler » 04/11/07, 09:34

I do not know if I'm in the right place

With respect to the fuel monopoly
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/07, 11:35

These are hogwash (in other words: it's not a waste of time) ... and it's anti-econological to lower the price of fuels ...

The price of oil depends less on the law of supply and demand than on other considerations, geopolitics among others ...
0 x
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 04/11/07, 12:06

I do not know what to think of this document. I would say that the author is lying or is ignorant because he says that there is more oil now than before, while oil being non-renewable, the amount of oil is only decreasing.

Eloi
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 04/11/07, 14:20

It's as old as the world and it comes out with every oil increase.

Indeed from an econological point of view there is no advantage in lowering the price of gasoline (quite the contrary) but above all I do not see why the competing companies will not raise their prices since they will not be able to not follow the new request.

In addition shell and total are probably the companies that supply most other distributors (upstream often same oil source, after the distributor puts his name), so it probably will not change much.

Finally I say that I say nothing I do more than full :D
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/11/07, 15:35

Eloi wrote:I do not know what to think of this document. I would say that the author is lying or is ignorant because he says that there is more oil now than before, while oil being non-renewable, the amount of oil is only decreasing.

Eloi

I work at Total since 25 ans..pas as engineer, nonon, but oil, there are still many ... :|
There are still plenty of valuable wells, which are temporarily closed.
When we start a well, we only take a part of the oil which is under pressure, it is only for a certain number of years that we try to remove even more "juice", in injecting water, for example ....
But there is also a lot of oil in parts of the world that are starting to be difficult to access (seabed).
So extractive techniques start to become expensive, and so the price of a barrel goes up.
There is a BUT ... the oil companies are now making huge profits ... so why do not they do more prospecting to produce more oil because they have the money to do it? ...
For me, maybe it's just a way to make a lot of money, without getting tired, it's called speculation.
25 years ago, my boss, had told me, there are still reserves for 25 years ....
If you knew what they are cappable to do to earn more ...
0 x
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 04/11/07, 15:48

It is not me who would blame them for not exploiting all the oil on the planet. Each liter of oil burned corresponds to a certain amount of CO2 released into the atmosphere.
So if we keep a reserve of untapped oil it is rather positive for the planet.
But I do not think that pettroliers see it in this way.

Eloi
0 x
the-scribbler
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the-scribbler » 04/11/07, 18:31

As I am a novice, I was just asking the question.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/07, 18:45

nonoLeRobot wrote:In addition shell and total are probably the companies that supply most other distributors (upstream often same oil source, after the distributor puts his name), so it probably will not change much.

Toutafé ... 100% of the French refineries belong to these groups 2 if I'm wrong ...

So it makes me laugh when E.Leclerc gets on TV for a contestant Total ...

0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 04/11/07, 19:53

Surely interesting your map, but it's not (very) readable.

The Griffin, there is no problem, on the contrary it's interesting to know.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/07, 20:45

nonoLeRobot wrote:Surely interesting your map, but it's not (very) readable.

I know but I have not managed to find better ... anyway it speaks only of the capacity of refinement and not proprio refineries ... so a little HS actually ...
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"