Improved aerodynamics of a car

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 24/07/06, 15:00

consumption in the urban cycle of the Aygo essence is given for 5.5L (official value)

in terms of aerodynamics, of course, I'm talking about the Scx because the value of the Cx provides no element of answer as to the aerodynamics since it does not take into account the frontal surface of the vehicle; I also noticed that manufacturers are communicating more about the Cx which has the effect of making people believe that aerodynamics is constantly improving; it's pretty mean of them because if the value of the Cx is constantly improving (forms drop of water, windshield very inclined ...), the frontal surface it continues to increase which completely reverses the trend if we compare the Scx new models with those of a decade ago. Anyway...

I'm going to be off-topic I'm sorry but I just read something on the internet that shocked me : Evil: : the emission threshold of CO2 to benefit from a tax credit for vehicles considered clean (and that's where the rubbish) was raised from 140g / km to 200g / km !!! brush almost 50% pollution "clean" and more!
this only applies to LPG vehicles, CNG, electric (well one of them anyway there is none) and hybrid
so let's take an example that will show us the utter absurdity of this law:
la petite aygo petrol 1l -> 109g / km -> no tax credit
the lexus rx 400h hybrid -> 192g / km -> tax credit of 2000 € !!
what logic !!! Congratulations government !!!
I know, I already see who will tell me: the aygo is very small is not comparable to the big lexus so I'll take the example now of a family car
renault scenic 1.6l petrol -> 170g / km approximately and no tax credit, find the error !!
Therefore, the tax credit applies not just in terms of emissions CO2 !!! ??? LPG vehicle rejecting 195g of CO2 will be eligible for a tax credit while a petrol or a diesel, although it rejects 100g / km will not right !! I am disgusted by so much stupidity !!!
especially as this law will bring situations quite incongruous with the appearance of the energy label (which is good), see for yourself:
a buyer goes to a dealership and wants to buy the famous lexus supposedly clean; he will be eligible for the tax credit of the state while the energy-label aposée on the car will indicate the class E ... !!!!!!!!!!!! what logic !!! congratulations !!!
it's distressing ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/07/06, 19:01

laurent_caen wrote:the urban cycle consumption of the essence Aygo is given for 5.5L (official value) [...]
That's why I made it clear that it was a test and not a standardized measure, especially since it seems to me that standards have changed ...
0 x
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 24/07/06, 19:10

yes, standards have changed from 1995 I believe
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/10/08, 18:29

: Arrow: I wonder if this one will meet the standards:
otherwise regarding weight and aerodynamics, it seems very correct.
the underside is smooth ...
More on axonautomotive.com
Will one day see the AXON on the roads? :?:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 02/10/08, 10:52

The crash-test standards you mean?

Because here we were talking about the test standards of conso.

For the crash test, with a carbon structure, it is quite feasible. But very expensive ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Mister BOO
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mister BOO » 02/01/10, 10:59

Hi everybody :D

FYI, on the latest AX, there is the catalytic converter and the carbon filter for the recycling of gasoline vapors.
And level up under the hood, we can easily add a lot of peripherals. We put many 1.6l : Mrgreen:

If not aerodynamic level, does the ground clearance play a role?
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 02/01/10, 11:57

Macpherson wrote:Hi everybody,
yes I was a ptite question of what you think ... hdi tdi, yen til others who do not like the smell of these engines the ??

Hello and welcome Macpherson,

I created a topic on the smell of modern diesels, direct injection, turbo-compressed, catalyzed, ... to try to identify the nature of this smell.

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post153695.html

Regarding consumption, I am quite captivated, with my R19 double body carburetor, when I moved, or that I use occasionally the car (in town), I go up, in winter, to 8 or 9 liters to 100 km : Shock:.
In normal driving (highway and road, driving at the limits, but not super nervous), I am around 6 liters.

Andre wrote:Hello,
This is not the finding that it is in a cold country
The consomation diesel varies little with road and city (20% winter)
On a gasoline car in winter driving city is almost double on 3,8 liter engine on the road it was down to the 8,2 liters in the city in winter it exceeds 14 liters and yet it plug on supplies (element heater that heats the engine block) easier to start and faster heating to the windows.

Andre

Is it a general finding that diesels do not have such a large amplitude of difference between road / city consos?
I'm interested because I'm a little tired of sucking so much energy to heat the engine block and the street only : Cry: .

Additional question: Does anyone have any feedback on 100% HVB mounting on common rail diesel (with a secondary fuel system). I find information, but in practice, I would like to have the opinion of a daily user.
I would like to know a little consos, reliability, and serious pollution measures (the total, like a boiler).
Macro rotates with a ZX pump injection I think, 100% HVB?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/01/10, 14:17

Citro said:

even some GS had very low consumptions.

of the order of 6,5 liters to 130 on long-distance highway. (1980) but the production of NOx was far superior to what we are doing now.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be