Improved Efficiency / Combustion Engines Explosion

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/07/13, 14:11

Regarding acyclisms, my use of 3 cylinder (BMW) and 5 cylinder (VOLVO) engines, convinced me that these architectures were very pleasant and the operation of these engines "very round".
0 x
iridium
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iridium » 02/07/13, 14:17

what was the crankshaft setting of these engines stp ???

thank you in advance
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 02/07/13, 23:02

chatelot16 wrote:the current car engines are at the optimum in the context where they are, to do better we must get out of the box

+1; The problem is that automakers are striving to promote a framework with engines far too powerful in a technology orgy unrelated to consumer outcomes. These engines are therefore eternally underused in a hyper degraded operation. : Mrgreen:

The engine on which one should think about does not need hyper technology to do better with already known and proven technologies, should not exceed about 25 or 30HP, would be much better used in its field of "good" performance (in permanently between 30 and 100% of its power) and will be sufficient to make 130 km / h on highway (flat) while consuming half of those present.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/07/13, 23:38

exactly: we take a 4 cylinder, we cut it in 2 to make a 2 cylinder ... and we alleviate all the rest of the car in the same proportion

to cut a motor in 2 I say that to rigiolate ... it is too quirky ... it is necessary to build new engines

in the meantime do not waste money in new cars, make the old ones last!

there is a big nonsense in the cacalytic pot: it is only a reduction of 50% in some cases: we would have the same benefit by making a much lighter car consumes 2 times less with a simply smaller engine without inventing anything ... and by earning money on both the purchase price and the consumption

we are being scammed with the complexity of the current car!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/07/13, 23:55

chatelot16 wrote:in the meantime do not waste money in new cars, make the old ones last!
we are being scammed with the complexity of the current car!
15 years ago, it was absolutely necessary that I replace my BX by a car with ABS because I felt in danger on the ring road at 110kmh where no one respected the safety distances. If I took my distance, a hysterical motorist doubled me to fall back just before me forcing me to slow down even more ...

Today, the ring road is at 90kmh, I drive in 106 electric with only 15 horses under the hood, no ABS and I do not feel in danger ...

Of course we are a few to want light cars meeting the excellent criteria of a Mathis 333 which would finally allow us to reconnect with the convergent spiral of common sense; less quickly, less far, less often and above all more efficient because less powerful, lighter and more aerodynamic.

In short, all we love about the excellent speech of Michel Kieffer. : Mrgreen:
0 x