Help for pantoning agricultural tractors

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Françoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Help for pantoning agricultural tractors

by Françoi » 20/08/08, 20:22

Hello
I introduce myself, my name is François MAY I am 20 years old, and I am a farmer's son.
My school career does not guide me for the moment to the same job as that of my parents but to an engineering school in mechanical engineering.
It's been a few years since I'm interested in the pantone system, and now I jumped into the water by doing my first assembly on a mower tractor whose engine is a petrol engine 375cc. This assembly is devoid of carburetor, the mixture is made in the bubbler which is heated by a coil in which circulates the exhaust gas, and bubbling is provided by a tube whose end is in the ambient air.
This test is only a half-success because it works but only about ten minutes with a mixture of 80% water and 20% gasoline including 200ml of gasoline which gives a consumption that has has been multiplied by approximately 1.2.
This mixture remains at 25 ° after the 10 minutes of operation while the reactor is hot.
My first question is: are the dimensions recommended in the basic assembly important?
Indeed only the clearance between the rod and the small tube are respected 1 to 2 mm.

Your help would be especially valuable for the future because I plan to "panton" an agricultural tractor.
Indeed, my father supports me at 60% (which is already good), while neighboring farmers sneer at seeing my editing for 'it's not reliable', 'must not dream' ... I think this are people who like to buy fuel and see their tractors spewing a black smoke while plowing!
This being said I do not feel able to close the flapper to me because by dint of reading articles on the internet I get lost!
We read everything on the internet and suddenly I really do not know what materials to use, what dimensions ...

To convince my father to lend me a tractor to modify it, I need solid foundations to support.

The tractor I am planning to modify is: JD 2140, 4 cylinders about 80cv, or a deutz fahr 6.05 or 6.16 6 cylinders of 100 and 110cv.

First of all I wonder if it is possible to envisage a system similar to that of the 'petit gris' to a tractor of such power?
In addition, I would like you to give me the ideal dimensions, the number of reactors and the materials to be used for the realization of these projects, and finally if it is possible to know if there are modified tractors in my perch region, because to my knowledge nobody here knows the existence of this process.
0 x
wants to become a business owner to improve the image of the boss and participate in
the green revolution.but how to do
I do not have a tune?
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Help to panton tractors

by bham » 20/08/08, 21:20

françoi wrote:
First of all I wonder if it is possible to envisage a system similar to that of the 'petit gris' to a tractor of such power?

Hello Francois, I wanted to promote a Pantone montage in my in-laws, farmers but they are afraid to spoil their old tractors 10000 H; it's not always easy. But yes the system is the same, whether it's a little gray or a more powerful Deutz or JD. I do not have time to look for links tonight on the forum but do a search with the word pantone or tractor on the forum econology, you should already learn a lot. And then we can talk about it again.
@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 21:23

0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 20/08/08, 23:02

françoi wrote:This assembly is devoid of carburetor, the mixture is made in the bubbler which is heated by a coil in which circulates the exhaust gas, and bubbling is provided by a tube whose end is in the ambient air.
This test is only a half-success because it works but only about ten minutes with a mixture of 80% water and 20% gasoline including 200ml of gasoline which gives a consumption that has has been multiplied by approximately 1.2.

Hi François,
I'm a little far now, I worked on L'Aigle in the past but at the time we did not talk about Pantone ...

You have the same bug as me with my mower, and others like
Christophe found it in their time.

In 100% pantone mounting with a single bubbler, the heat gasifies the most volatile part of the fuel, and progressively the rest, water included. But if the bubbler is too big, the temperature of the liquid remains insufficient to vaporize the bubbler completely. Suddenly the engine stalls.

Moreover during these 10 mn of gas operation it is necessary to constantly act on the fresh air ratio / reactor output to avoid stalling. It's painful.

Finally if you want to restart, you have to put a spoon of fresh gas ...

You will have less problem by removing the water to turn 100% gasoline, and you will be surprised by the amount of water drops spewed all the same by the exhaust, fruit of the combustion of gasoline.

I have no idea of ​​the conso but it is clear there are less odors, so logically less unburned.

If you want to turn with the addition of water, separate the bubblers gasoline and water, isolating well the bubbler water to produce enough steam.

For tractors, it's totally different. The Gillier-Pantone "recipe" is more suitable: we keep the original injection by adding steam to the intake. It is reliable and proven. You will find everything you need on this forum and in the TRxx realizations of Quanthomme ...

Do not get discouraged ! You are not the only one to believe it and one day the virtues of this system will be publicly recognized. you just have to wait for the start at retirement (or unfortunately at the cemetery :( ) of a few "prescribers of scientific opinion".
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 23:07

Crispus wrote:You have the same bug as me with my lawnmower, and others like Christophe have found in their time.

This is not a bug is physics ... or rather chemistry ... and you just explain it!

I must ... I repeat myself I repeat ... well distinguish the DOPING WITH WATER GILLIER PANTONE 100% pantone ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 21/08/08, 10:18

hi françoi
the mower is fun but on the essence it is a bit nil to measure differences conso ... only pollution to the rigor.

on diesel it's different.

as information on tractor you have these 2 montages that exist also:

the spad is placed on the exhaust chimney (just cut), and connects to the air intake, just before the filter for example, with a venturi connection to properly comply with the vacuum for the reactor (necessary to bubble well) the air ;-).

I don't know if you can buy this "SPAD" system at the APTE de Mérindol, find out and tell us?
maybe it will help you to convince your entourage.

wholeheartedly good luck, after small failures you should get there, you must know that there is a whole range of different techniques and that this does not prevent you from the frare according to your vision of things, to invent a system + effective or other 8)
0 x
Françoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Françoi » 25/08/08, 19:26

Thank you for all the answers;

I still have a week to go back to school, a week to panton the JD 2140 of my father, for that I will make a kit spad whose plans are available on the internet.

I chose this tractor because it is the one that fears the least, more implementation of the kit seems to me to be the simplest on this tractor (for those who do not know: the exhaust and the exhaust air filter inlet are 70 cm from each other on the hood) I therefore choose to manufacture the spad kit described at the following address:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/quanthommes ... adapte.pdf

Even if the JD is 80cv I will opt for the model 80-100cv story to be sure of my shot and to be able to adapt thereafter to another tractor stronger.

a question remains to me: why the reactor is only 10 cm ???
for my part I think that my reactors will 15 cm
0 x
wants to become a business owner to improve the image of the boss and participate in

the green revolution.but how to do

I do not have a tune?
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 25/08/08, 19:33

Hey, another question of novice pantone.
What about the big diesel engines types electricity generation, air compressors ....

does it work too ?? You tried ??
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/08, 19:41

It works especially during heavy loads and variations in speed ... but a GE is not designed to walk at high load.

Result: little difference on stationary engines ... standard ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/08/08, 09:35

??
what do you mean?

because I have always heard that a generator type engine, finally at steady state, saw the reactor at the exhaust outlet at T ° C stable, and that it was easy to work with a stable T ° C?

Maybe in diesel it makes a difference with the results you saw on GE essence?
0 x