Tips: reducing fuel consumption

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 22/03/07, 10:36

zac wrote:hi indy and welcome

Thank you

zac wrote:If you leave cold you pollute as with a cold engine, but with a load and there I explain to you the mouth of the burr.

Yes, that's why, do not press hard on the accelerator.

zac wrote:cold starting divides almost by 2 the service life of the engine so often the vehicle. the gray energy producing almost as much pollutant as the vehicle in all its life. So you have to do better 500000km with a car than 500000 with two

On this side, I think I have some experience : Cheesy: :
My car has 235000 km (and yet I drive very little: a lot of walking and public transport).
I fully agree on the gray energy of car manufacturing, and as moreover it does not consume more than a recent car, I do not see the point of changing it. (except in terms of space, but that's another problem)
So to return to the cold start, if we do not press hard on the accelerator, the engine does not suffer and is enduring ...

Elephant, I note all your proposals, and will think about the best. ;-)

As for :
zac wrote:change sidewalk?

There is no sidewalk on the other side ...

zac wrote:get up earlier
agree to be late

Not cool for my son / not cool for my employer (1 min in the view, it's 1 / 2h on arrival ...)
And not easy to aim: I wonder if he does not monitor me! :P

André, we're not going to remove the fires :D it may create other traffic jams, and not help our greenhouse : Cheesy:

To be precise: it is true that I have the chance to be able to enter quietly on the road: no national to cross from the departure by car for example. It helps me to roll painter.

A +!
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 22/03/07, 10:55

indy49 wrote:On this side, I think I have some experience : Cheesy: :
My car has 235000 km

Hello

Talk about it when she has 500000!

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 22/03/07, 15:47

zac wrote:
indy49 wrote:On this side, I think I have some experience : Cheesy: :
My car has 235000 km

Hello

Talk about it when she has 500000!

@+

Yeah well, I do not think there are a lot of petrol cars with this mileage and an original engine ...
You are the first to hear that my car is a little young :)
0 x
zac

by zac » 22/03/07, 18:51

indy49 wrote:Yeah well, I do not think there are a lot of petrol cars with this mileage and an original engine ...
You are the first to hear that my car is a little young :)

Hello

Well, there are very few, but it belongs to people who heat their engines.

if you go in the morbihan you're not very far, said me in mail or mp and I would send you to see my old 21 turbo quadra (that I gave) to a guy I trained. she rolls every day has passed the 550000km and had started her career as a recce car in rally.

the mill was never opened, yet on the 80000 first km of his life, the waste gate was back at + 0.4 and I was typing hard in it.

the secret: maintenance maniac AND heating in the morning, maxi 2000tr / mn as the temperature is not in its place; after we do what we want avoiding the under regime.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 22/03/07, 19:20

Hello
André, we're not going to remove the fires anyway, it's likely to create other traffic jams, and not help our greenhouse

Where I live in town there is a stop at every corner and most often 4 stop in the same intersection.
Some city stops on a straight line to break the speed of motorists!
it is to this that I make the polution by the brakes and the acelerations.
(in winter driving city the double consomation with a petrol auto) and at 60 000 km you have to change the brake splines ..

Andre
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 23/03/07, 09:43

Hello,

OK, zac, I'll come back when she gets 500 000kms (if she goes), but I'm afraid I'll be around 100 years from now :D

Andre wrote:Where I live in town there is a stop at every corner and most often 4 stop in the same intersection.

Oh yeah, that's nice!
I did not think it existed in Europe!

Andre wrote:it is to this that I make the polution by the brakes and the acelerations.

Yes, I said that just to laugh. I put :D

Good day to all !
0 x
roudoulf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by roudoulf » 03/07/07, 15:48

the secret: maintenance maniac AND heating in the morning, maxi 2000tr / mn as the temperature is not in its place; after we do what we want avoiding the under regime.

This is valid for all engines, because I am a follower of chronic under-regime (without charging the engine eh, just stable speed!), I would not damage the beautiful clio 1,9d that my popa gave me!
At 240000 km it is like new but I can hardly turn below the 4 l / 100 km, if you have some schemes to improve a little bousin I take ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/07/07, 16:07

Since I always go into neutral in the slightest descent, the autonomy of my ZX TD breake exceeds 1000 km, conso lower than 5l. The brake pads do not seem to suffer too much ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 03/07/07, 18:16

Cuicui wrote:Since I always go into neutral in the slightest descent, the autonomy of my ZX TD breake exceeds 1000 km, conso lower than 5l. The brake pads do not seem to suffer too much ...

Strange that. Normally the injectors are cut when you release the accelerator downhill ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 04/07/07, 00:22

indy49 wrote:
Cuicui wrote:Since I always go into neutral in the slightest descent, the autonomy of my ZX TD breake exceeds 1000 km, conso lower than 5l. The brake pads do not seem to suffer too much ...

Strange that. Normally the injectors are cut when you release the accelerator downhill ...

I guess that's the case for HDIs and INNs, but not for old TDs, otherwise, how do you explain the economy? On the other hand, I try to ride in light under-regime; unfortunately, the 5ème is very short ...
0 x