Tips: reducing fuel consumption

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 06/01/07, 19:01

Andre wrote:in their store it would cost 4 times the price of a new

Hello

sorry André to contradict you it's not 4 times it's following the marks of 16 to 49 times : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 06/01/07, 19:31

Hi ZAC
You're probably right, I'm based on the price of the usual things, Alternator, water pump, starter, ball seal, it is true when we enter the rooms that we do not change often Probes, computer, electric motor door, or body parts, we made a terrible jump on the price, there are not always jobbers for the parts and once the tank reaches 10 years it is even more complex It remains the courses to scraps ..
The damper on the pulley before my Buick the rubber has crumbled, well even when going round the courses at Scraps this piece is hard to find, I must believe that I am not the only one to have this piece finished. .
Very few people remember that formerly we bought a kits and a valve for a gas pump, now the pumps are certie, even sometimes it is necessary to remlacer the entire gas tank can not even get out the pump submerged
soon the cars aurront 5 years of life ..

Andre
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 08/01/07, 10:09

Andre wrote:soon the cars aurront 5 years of life ..

Andre

Hi Andrew.

Totally agree with you. Cars, like the majority of manufactured goods, have become disposable items.

Twenty years ago, engineers designed products that would last. Consumers were happy and when, after 10ans, the device was out of order (or before for the sake of change), they bought the same brand because they trusted reliability.

The evolution of the capitalist system and the preponderance of shareholders have forced companies to limit their strategy in the short term (dividends must be paid at 2 figures every year). The result did not wait: to force consumers to renew their possessions more often, tools like the old drill Metabo that gave me my father and who, after 20 years, still runs like a clock , have been abandoned.
A good machine, nowadays, is the one that will last 2 days more than the competitor, ie 4 days after the warranty !!!!

When repairs, apart from a car that is still quite expensive, they have become unprofitable economically. It is cheaper to buy a new DVD player made in China that made 5000Km to come here than to have a Western electronics repairman working for 1hour.
When we pay for the transport at its real cost (infrastructure, oil, environment, etc ...), employment will resume a boost at home and we may stop a little this big mess ... : Cry:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/01/07, 18:35

Targol wrote:[...] When we pay the transport at its real cost (infrastructure, oil, environment, etc ...), employment will resume a boost at home and we may stop a little this great mess .. . : Cry:
It's a bit like NH ... (and JMJ, I think).
There is also the "social" cost of relocations.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 21/03/07, 11:22

Hello,

I am new to the forum, and I look at the threads as I go. (I mention in passing that I like the principle of the site and what is generally said)
I admit that I have not (yet) read everything on the site :? there is so much info!

Finally I arrive at my message: something shocked me in the 1er message of this thread:
It is absolutely not economical to heat the engine before driving. A motor running at a standstill is a motor that pollutes unnecessarily. You just have to start slowly, do not climb the towers.
That's it that's all !

Otherwise, congratulations for the site! :)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/03/07, 12:07

Hello Indy and welcome.

you said:

I admit that I have not (yet) read everything on the site Confused there is so much info!

you would be lucky! :D

In terms of preheating the engine you're not quite wrong, but not quite right, either

in winter, your engine warms up to idle, which allows it to consume less charge than if it was cold: the more fuel and all the injection system is hot, the better the combustion, the less you press the accelerator !

always in winter, a warm engine is a safer engine: there are ten years old two elderly died crossing the National 5 Neuville (Philipeville Couvin road) leaving ..... a funeral. The cold engine stalled while crossing the road!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 21/03/07, 13:43

Thank you elephant (for the welcome 8) )

I was not talking about security, just pollution.
Note that recent cars automatically ensure the richness of the mixture to avoid stalling, so in theory, no problem, but everyone can see according to the behavior of his car.

As for the consumption of a hot engine, yes, it is less important than that of a cold engine, but if we consume to do nothing ... it's a pity ... :?
I remain in favor of my position, and I share it : Cheesy:
The gasoline that you use while stationary, you can use it to do a few meters (or hundreds of meters, or kilometers, depending on how long it takes to put on your seat belt & co) at idle (if the situation allows it !).
It's still less to go after ...

In fact, I say that among other things because I'm tired of spending almost every morning beside a : Evil: who lights his engine, waits for his wife, and who does not care about what's going on around him.
Result, I spend my stroller in the heart of a huge gray cloud pestinentiel, and my son and I breathe an air that can definitely be described as stale ...

Voila, it annoys me, and I say it :P : Cheesy:

I think we should get the exhaust fumes out of the air intake cars ... People would see how much they pollute ... 8)

Well here it is, I evacuated my nerves, thank you for listening to me : Cheesy: How much is the shrink? : Cheesy:
0 x
zac

by zac » 21/03/07, 18:47

hi indy and welcome

I am sorry to have to contradict you, but letting your engine burn you poluras (and consomeras) much less.

an engine warms up in slowed acceleration and pollutes more than hot but without load, so a negligible amount.

If you leave cold you pollute as with a cold engine, but with a load and there I explain to you the mouth of the burr.

cold starting divides almost by 2 the service life of the engine so often the vehicle. the gray energy producing almost as much pollutant as the vehicle in all its life. So you have to do better 500000km with a car than 500000 with two

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/03/07, 19:24

Indy 49 said

In fact, I say that among other things because I'm tired of spending almost every morning next to an Evil or Very Mad who lights his engine, waiting for his wife, and who does not care what is going on around from him.
Result, I spend my stroller in the heart of a huge gray cloud pestinentiel, and my son and I breathe an air that can definitely be described as stale ...

good, that's pollution by em ......., I do not know if we will be able to remove them completely. Maybe with the ice melting poles, sending them all flanders ???? 8)

Several other solutions:

give him a pantone
kill or kidnap his wife, or have her fired
get up earlier
agree to be late
change directions
stop riding in a stroller: tax evasion!
change sidewalk?
put a potato in his exhaust pipe
to fall dead after coughing vigorously in front of his car several times in a row
(hoping he understands the hint)

you see, with a little imagination, the choice does not fail :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Other

by Other » 21/03/07, 19:29

Hello,
It has several things to consider in this life of the engine and the side polution, the outside temperature and the sort of diesel engine or gasoline.
On an airplane it is imperative to warm it sometimes 15 minutes,
because on takeoff we will ask him his full power
after a cold 3 minute of eralentia he suffocates and can not give his power.

The method in very cold weather on a petrol engine ideally is to have a block electric heater on the sector. But it is turned on, it is allowed to idle, (not for the engine but to heat the oil in the box speed) otherwise you may push as a woodcutter on the lever and hard to shift speeds. recommended to drive slowly on the first km without pushing on the speeds and it is pleasant to be able to have a possible heat to degenerate the panes ..
I think it is gasplle and pollutes more, because of stop signs and red lights at all corners, which requires brake, stop and start, that the only cold morning warms.
Those who play in the mechanical know it when they change the hooves, pads, brake, the pousierre that it can generate in the atmosphere and before it was asbestos, not counting at home the clutch .. (the replacement product will be known in 20ansans if it is not harmful to health as asbestos)
For a diesel in slow motion this generates heat and its consumption efficiency is still good slowed down, has the reverse of the engine esence which is almost always adjusted to the slow idle even the injections.
The wear of an engine depends mainly on cold start numbers.
So in winter, depending on the temperature, a certain warm-up time
In summer a short warm-up but in both cases leave slowly, not jump in traffic, with the band of Indians
around you who push you and forces you to ride wild ..

Here is easy to recognize in winter a guy who has just started, you can not follow him closely in the traffic there is a white cloud back like a steam car, imagine with a panton!
I adjusted my flow of water by the steam in the mirror ...
Now I let the bubbler freeze when it thaws the engine is hot!

Andre

Andre
0 x