Tips: reducing fuel consumption

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/03/09, 19:30

davcom wrote:+ 1 with Capt_Maloche except for freewheeling. Unless the 307 HDi is different than the DCI, roll freewheeling consumes more than roll in engine braking ... How to be convinced, ride the engine brake downhill and note the conso instantannée ... On my HDi 70 engine brake I arrive at 0,01L / 100Kms in conso instantannée ... And while maintaining the same speed, go freewheeling. When I did the experiment, at 90KM / Hr the instantaneous conso told me about 1L / 100KMs coasting ...
It is a classic mistake to limit the "freewheel" to a fairly steep descent.
Indeed, all the recent engines (common-rail injection) have an injection cutoff in deceleration. So effectively, if the slope is sufficient to keep the speed, the freewheel makes more consume (between 1.2 l and 0.5 l according to the speed).
What Maloche mentions is anticipation before stopping (which can also be done downhill before attacking a lift, or on a weak slope). If you stay on the engine brake, you lose momentum and you have to go throttle, while if you are coasting, you continue on your momentum and you consume just enough to maintain the idle.
On modern diesel, it's quite subtle, you really have to know his car to know where and when to coast.
On older cars, no question to ask: the freewheel makes real economy!

davcom wrote:In my opinion the injection is minimal in engine braking or deceleration after downshifting because no need for much fuel to run the engine, it rotates thanks to the inertia of the vehicle through the transmission. On the other hand in freewheeling it must turn to the combustion ... From where the remark earlier than a vehicle at the stop 3mins consumes as much as a vehicle on 1KM to 50KM / Hr;)
The injection is even completely stopped in engine braking: it is the wheels that turn the engine and not the other way around.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
j-mimi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by j-mimi » 29/04/10, 11:03

I personally use since 1 an eco-additive for engine oil and an eco-fuel additive for my Audi A6. I had been promised 10% of fuel saving, my conso went from 9L to 8L (ie 11%).

Someone else to try these products?
0 x
WHO CAN THE BEST, MAY BEST!
abaachouane
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Tips: reducing fuel consumption

by abaachouane » 17/01/12, 13:43

Christophe wrote:Some tips to reduce your fuel consumption.

Very good advice, I invite all motorists to respect them.
There is also a very important process to reduce fuel consumption.

To read this article:
http://eco-ecolo.com/environnement/econ ... partie-15/
0 x
Ecology and Human Interactions with its Environment.
www.eco-ecolo.com
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/12, 14:51

He's funny the new kid :) he presents us with water doping : Cheesy:

Look here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/experiment ... -vf42.html
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/01/12, 20:17

Funny, he walks at 75% water !!!!!!!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/01/12, 20:27

abaachouane, is it he who wrote:- I think it is wise not to work alone in his corner, we have nothing to hide or to appropriate, work with several allows to move forward (evolve) faster. We have to transmit the information without reluctance, we are all on the same boat

: Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/20, 13:00

0 x