Green Filter Direct Inlet Kit

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/07, 15:31

jonule wrote:> chirstophe, for your vfr '94 at the time they weren't selling 5w40! it was necessarily 15w40!

Not yet "worse", if I remember correctly the "notice" speaks of 20W40 for the summer and 10W40 for the winter ...

What matters is especially the 2ieme index ... plus it is raised more, hot, the film is protective so the engine protected (but there are more friction and therefore consumption) ....

The cold index W (inter) of an oil 10W and 5W is largely overvalued for our regions ... but it's not worse.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 18/12/07, 16:06

Personally, I have a K&N direct intake and 10w40 oil.
Direct admission offers better occasions to my mill (a 1300 cdti). I do not mean that my car has become a fighter. But this little gain cleverly used allowed me to save 5% of fuel!

Do not expect miracles either !!!

One important thing, regular maintenance of the intake filter (+/- all 10000km). It must clean (not to the souflette) and well oiled.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 18/12/07, 19:22

Flytox wrote:Hello Chatham

In the 80 years, where I worked they had test bench rather well instrumented, and tried the Microlon (Turbolon for aero turbines) and found no improvement in the longevity of reducers nor improved consumption. Of course the manufacturer has shone the brass saying he had an aero application. : Mrgreen:

A+

Already in a turbine, the share of mechanical friction is very low, the motor shaft floating on a cushion of oil 25000tr, not to have seen any difference does not surprise me, it is only at the level of reducer that there could be an impact, but given the design (planetary system) it is not at all comparable for example to a conical torque on which the microlon has a significant impact (verified on a cardan motorcycle). ..
Question Efficiency, I put Microlon in the 80 years in the mill of my A310 V6, yes the V6 PRV ultra greedy from the R30, after treatment, I turned to 12L / 100 (with a decrease of the t ° d ' oil) instead of 14L / 100, average measured on 1 year on all courses, with a minimum conso of 8L / 100 on a road trip of 700km ...
A friend punctured the oil pan of his BMW 6 cylinders treated microlon on a stone and made after 50km without oil and yet without any damage to the engine that did not even overheated ... For the rest everyone thinks what 'he wants ... to note that this product is manufactured since 35ans: if it was really so bad, considering the high price, I do not think it would have survived until today ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 18/12/07, 20:22

Bonjuor
What you call Microlon, there are several manufacturers of these products NULON or SLICK50
it is quite efficient, it reduces friction, it reduces wear on cold start and allows not to damage the engine in case of lack of oil, to avoid using in engines not honing it makes a cold cylinders
Originally this product was exclusively sold by the Hells Angels who put in Harley motorcycles,

For the oil the extra fluids are advantageous for engine that starts in the cold and small runs, for a camoin that rolls for 12 hours, apart from the start?
the fluidity of the oil depends on the construction of the engine, on a plane we use the 100 + in summer and in winters of 20w 50w aeroshell (engine assembled with important games)

For oil of castor oil, klootz and an expensive but quality oil it is additivé.

For air filters, we put a more permeable there is no gain on the economy compared to the original only a gain in full power.
On seaplanes to gain power on takeoff several pilots completely remove the air filter, it gives 50 has 100rpm more, nothing on the consomation
On the water apart from swallowing flies in the engine the risk of eating sand is slim at altitude.

Andre
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 18/12/07, 21:42

Andre wrote:Bonjuor
What you call Microlon, there are several manufacturers of these products NULON or SLICK50
it is quite efficient, it reduces the friction, it reduces wear on cold start and allows not to damage the engine in case of lack of oil

For the oil the extra fluids are advantageous for engine that starts in the cold and small runs, for a camoin that rolls for 12 hours, apart from the start?
the fluidity of the oil depends on the construction of the engine, on a plane we use the 100 + in summer and in winters of 20w 50w aeroshell (engine assembled with important games)

Andre

Microlon, that's it: [url] http://www.microlon.com/
On aircraft engines, the cylinder piston clearance is indeed very high to avoid tightening during the descent reduced gas (the oil is hot, the pistons remain dilated, but the cylinders cool enormously and therefore tighten, we can moreover, to note the ridiculous compression of these cold engines due to leaks: it is easy to turn the propeller of an engine of 8 liters of displacement with one hand ...
The monograde SAE 100 aviation (very cheap oil) has a hot viscosity equivalent to a multigrade 20w50, type of oil used all year round in many planes in France (not in the ulm who use them auto oils or motorcycle much more powerful)
Modern trucks no longer use 20w50, but 5w30,10w30 or 15w30, so-called "fuel economy" lubricants approved by all major manufacturers such as Mack, Renault, Volvo, MB, Mann, Scania, etc ... [/ url]
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/12/07, 22:29

Hello
The SAE 100 aviation monograde (very cheap oil
)

For a long time that you do not buy anymore, the (Shell 100 plus) the box of 12 pints (946 mll) costs 66 $ whereas the aeroshell 20-50w semi synthetic costs 75 $
Rotella Shell Automotive Oil 15w40w for diesel or auto costs 14 $ for a can of 4 liters
the summer I prefer the (100 plus) it consome1 liter 4 hours the semi-synthetic does not burn well on candles.
a good airplane oil must burn without leaving ash, I have seen small Continental consume 1 liter per hour for hundreds of hours when it is opened no more calamine than a normal engine.

Andre
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 28/12/07, 14:43

It's interresting that,

in short, what oil to replace the 10W40 provided by Renault on the drain of my new DCI to consume less?

Silicone grease ?: D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 28/12/07, 15:58

Chatham wrote:
jonule wrote:0W20 oil is advertising, it must cost candy!

The only vegetable oil that can be used, and has also been widely used in engine lubrication, is castor oil, a question of creaminess and resistance to high t °, a super synth is not better, but ... there is a but: it oxidizes very quickly and very quickly forms sludge in the engine, which motivated its abandonment around the Second World War, but was still used for a long time in competition.However a small Belgian manufacturer always makes vegetable-based oils, especially with castor oil, but according to a process of chemical recomposition of their invention that removes all the drawbacks: apparently they are quite in the game and have obtained approval Porsche, Mercedes Benz and VW which is not nothing:

http://www.electrion.be/

unfortunately it is only sold in Belgium ...

No of a dog, there is an old 84 years old who always tells me !!
In time, there was very good oil ;;; ELECTRION, ELECTRION
And me, I said to myself ... yes, cushy, in time ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/12/07, 17:52

and in addition she tastes great : Cheesy:

"Those who have tasted Electrion oils continue to use them"

I swear I stole this sentence on their website :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/12/07, 19:15

NORMAL!!!!

It's BELGIAN so it's good !!!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!