Utopia 2 process ... THE RETURN?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/06, 16:56

Article published in Ouest France on October 26:

0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 29/10/06, 14:49

"His invention does not interest anyone"

So if my memory serves me right, mr Leclerc said on the econologie site that if nobody really showed interest in his invention, he would rock everything on the internet? ..

So there I look forward to it! After pantone, the beautiful gesture to save humanity from Fabien Leclerc.Image
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 29/10/06, 20:51

in fact, there is only one patent application. but apparently the request was unsuccessful. I also suspect that it is not interesting, probably because of a significant consumption of the metal necessary for the reaction.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 30/10/06, 09:25

His address does not work
0 x
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 30/10/06, 14:03

freddau wrote:His address does not work

what a pity, a little more and humanity was saved ...

the reason why the patent has not been received may be the yield:
if the energec elec necessary for the electrolysis is higher than the energy recovered by combustion of the gas necessarily it is not top ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/10/06, 20:36

Well, suddenly, I have an idea (yes, it happens to me sometimes)

an "official" website where you publish your ideas, in the same form as patents so that they officially become non-patentable : Mrgreen: (sorry for the neologism)

What do you think, my lords ????
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 30/10/06, 21:11

bob_isat wrote:what a pity, a little more and humanity was saved ...

the reason why the patent has not been received may be the yield:
if the energec elec necessary for the electrolysis is higher than the energy recovered by combustion of the gas necessarily it is not top ...

to patent an invention it is not necessary to prove that it works or that it works well ...

you just have to prove that it was not already invented and (for France) not to have explained the principle on the public scene (the invention must remain secret until the publication of the patent)

so you can very well invent a crazy thing that does not work for example the hammer to bend the glass, the dance of the rain or the file to thicken : Lol: ...
as long as nobody has patented it before or that the principle and different (for example the old hammer used x-rays to bend the glass and yours uses infrared) you can patent it ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
John Do57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by John Do57 » 02/11/06, 12:08

Hello,

indeed, it is entirely possible to produce hydrogen from aluminum + water. In principle, soda is not consumed.

I believe the reaction followed is:
2Al + 3H2O ---> 3H2 + Al2O3

But is it interesting?

One liter of gasoline is 34 MJ of energy.

hydrogen is 0,24 MJ / mol so it takes 142 mol of hydrogen to have the same energy as in a liter of gasoline.

According to the chemical reaction above, one consumes (2/3) * 142 = 95 mol of aluminum and 142 mol of water to produce this quantity of hydrogen.

This represents, by mass, 2,5 kg of aluminum (27 g / mol) and 2,5 kg of water. It's a lot !

If the engine keeps the same efficiency as with petrol, if it consumes 6L / 100km it will consume 15kg of aluminum and 15 liters of water per km!

Aluminum shavings, machining waste, can be bought for around € 1 per kg, I think. It is therefore not interesting, especially since the aluminum shavings are remelted to give aluminum again. It is therefore not unnecessary waste.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/06, 12:13

And yes ... thank you Jean Do for these explanations :) (you are a little ahead of me ...)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/11/06, 13:38

on the other hand, it takes a lot of energy to convert the AL2O3 back into aluminum!
this process is just good for doing some hydrogen doping tests
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be