Mustang Mach 1, lower consumption?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/01/11, 20:03

Flytox wrote:
Alain G wrote:Hi Flytox!

Ferrari, Bentley, Jaguar and others are they not delusions but to the European?

Absolutely, delusions remain delusions. The idea was that Americans have democratized more these delusions than others. For us European, when we will get lost there .... we enter the empire of the car ...... not sure that it is very caricatural to say that they built their country for / around of the car. : Cry: : Shock: : Evil: : Mrgreen:

Totally agree with you!

But here the distances to be covered are greater than those traveled by a European!

Cheap oil is for something!
:?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
subhuman_kreatur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by subhuman_kreatur » 05/01/11, 20:49

Alain G wrote:But here the distances to be covered are greater than those traveled by a European!

Cheap oil is for something!
:?

I explained it to my nana two days ago : Cheesy:

for 31,6l / 100, the info may not be right, but it's the only one I've found ... and I do not even know which model of mach1 it matches ... my opinion, it is probably for a cobra jet ^^ ° to 430ch and some it seems to me .. (which does not interest me even in dreams).
for bentleys, & co ... not my thing .. to my taste: not pretty, ultra flashy, and far too expensive (except in conso, that's for sure) ... in addition we see all over : Mrgreen:
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 06/01/11, 20:04

Alain G wrote:Bird

The first commercial electronic fuel injection (EFI) system was Electrojector, developed by the Bendix Corporation and was offered by American Motors (AMC) in 1957 [7] [8]. A special muscle car model, the Rambler Rebel, showcased AMC's new 327 cu in (5.4 L) engine. The Electrojector was an option and rated at 288 bhp (214.8 kW) [9]. With no Venturi effect or heated carburetor (to help vaporize the gasoline) AMC's EFI equipped engine is more powerful and more efficient than ever. 500 rpm quicker [6]. The Rebel Owners Manual describes the design and operation of the new system [10]. Initial press information about the Bendix system in December 1956 by a price bulletin that pegged the option at US $ 1957, but due to supplier difficulties, fuel-injected Rebels would only be available after June 395 [15]. This was the first production of EFI engine, but Electrojector's teething problems were only pre-production cars, so they were always sold out [11] and none were made available to the public [12]. The EFI system in the Rambler was a more-advanced setup than the mechanical types then appearing on the market and the engines ran fine in warm weather, but suffered hard starting temperatures [13].

Chrysler offered Electrojector on the 1958 Chrysler 300D, Dodge D500, Plymouth Fury, and DeSoto Adventurer, arguably the first series-production cars equipped with an EFI system. It was jointly engineered by Chrysler and Bendix. The early electronic components were not equal to the rigors of underhood service, however, and were too slow to keep up with the demands of "on the fly" engine control. Most of the 35 vehicles originally so equipped were field-retrofitted with 4-barrel carburetors. The Electrojector patents were subsequently sold to Bosch.

Bosch developed an electronic fuel injection system, called D-Jetronic (D for Druck, German for "pressure"), which was first used on the VW 1600TL / E in 1967. This was a speed / density system, using engine speed and intake manifold air density to calculate "air mass" flow rate and thus fuel requirements. This system was adopted by VW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Citroën, Saab, and Volvo. Lucas licensed the system for production with Jaguar. Bosch superseded the D-Jetronic system with the K-Jetronic and L-Jetronic systems for 1974, though some cars (such as the Volvo 164) continued using D-Jetronic for the following several years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_injection

I speak well of electronic injection and not mechanical!

Yes yes, I too, I did not know that they had experimented on it on muscle cars (we have never seen in Europe), but apparently it was not a success which does not surprise me because with the electronic stammering of the time, it should not be reliable at all, moreover after verification it was an option and equipped cars have never been sold to the public (only on racing cars), cars sold to the public were equipped with a "four barells carburetor", the classic assembly at the time ...
This explains why in Europe we only used mechanical injections (the kugelfisher, very easy to "tweak" with its "potatoïde" injection program cam, was used in competition until the 90s! ) until the appearance of a miniaturized and reliable electronics (well the housing of the D jetronic was the size of a box of sugar and at the time cost a real fortune: I knew it on my first car, a rare Renault 17 TS injection from 1974 ... average consumption: 13L / 100 for ... 108hp (engine from the R16, also used on Alpine A310 1600cc but "inflated" to 130hp) : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/01/11, 20:23

I remember that the injection 21 DS60 had a reputation for disastrous reliability.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 06/01/11, 21:42

Bird

Chrysler sold well 35 cars equipped with the EFI but replaced it with the speed of electronics at this time and not for reliability and it was not mussels cars even if they had big engines!

On beyond 2,5 million km with my Chrysler I changed a single module and that's because the radiator fan did not start on a Plymouth Sundance 1987, definitely very reliable and these module that dates from 1984 was adaptive this which was a big step ahead of the others, besides Chrysler had released in 1984 the first reliable serial Turbo with liquid turbo cool!

PS: The concorde was developed by Avro Canadians who worked on the CF-105 Arrow, a project that was shut down by the Conservatives following pressure from the US, the first plane that flew beyond Mack2!

Here is the picture, we clearly see the resemblance to the Concorde:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Arrow1.jpg
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"