Cars without brake assist requiring the engine?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/09/13, 13:37

http://www.hoffmancarparts.com/fr/pompe ... __store=fr
it does not need this kind of special vacuum pump car so too expensive!

it takes a good old compressor just a little modified
http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/8566 ... ide-856648
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/09/13, 13:53

http://www.hoffmancarparts.com/fr/pompe ... __store=fr

he has his answer..Audi a6, A8 in case it is found : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 20/09/13, 11:51

At Janic, braking assistance is standard for most cars 70 years, 80 end direction, so if you can do several kms without braking no risk of having a power steering!

Electric cars have an original electric assist pump.

But after seeing a J7 78, which had not shot since 2 years, loaded more 2 T of gear, with a master cylinder without assistance big like that of a 2cv down without any concern a slope of 25% in reverse, I told myself that this brake assistance is strictly used for nothing, except to be able to brake without pressing.

In short, I would advise you to replace the master cylinder with the servo assistance by a master cylinder without assistance to the case (the utilities before 90 I would say).
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/09/13, 12:10

changing the master cylinder will not change much: it is not the master cylinder that made the quality of the old brake without servo: it was the drum brake, which required a lower control power, easier to get without servo brake

the disc brakes have other quality, but require more control power and the brake servo is almost essential
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/09/13, 13:34

the A6 audi have an electric vacuum pump.
the volvo s40 too
0 x
Click my signature
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/09/13, 15:58

dirk pitt wrote:the A6 audi have an electric vacuum pump.
the volvo s40 too
Yes, I am looking for, but I have never seen one.
There was also Xantia who had it for the control of the speed regulator, since the braking functioned without empty assistance (high-pressure hydraulics also ensuring steering, suspension).

You know where to look for the vacuum pump on these vehicles. :?:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 21/09/13, 21:30

no idea, it's just that I saw that both vehicles had a pierburg electric vacuum pump in their spare parts list.
0 x

Click my signature
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 02/10/13, 21:42

chatelot16 wrote:changing the master cylinder will not change much: it is not the master cylinder that made the quality of the old brake without servo: it was the drum brake, which required a lower control power, easier to get without servo brake

the disc brakes have other quality, but require more control power and the brake servo is almost essential

If I take the example of the 2cv, there is no noticeable difference in strength between the discs and the drums. The MCs are the same (except the liquid).
It is true that drum theory wants it to be pressed against the track by rotation.

All the small cars of the early 80 (when they still weighed less than 800 kg) had no assistance, disc brakes in the front, without any worries.
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 02/10/13, 22:06

In fact, it's partly for a start & stop project that AX interests me. (https://www.econologie.com/forums/post263945.html#263945).

I spoke with a colleague who makes the rally and apparently on racing cars, it is not uncommon that it replaces the braking system via vacuum pump by master cylinders similar to the brakes karts, mountain bikes. .. I'm going to dig all that fast.

http://djet5.free.fr/ameliofreins.htm
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/10/13, 00:10

Electric 12V brake assist vacuum pumps exist for many models as has been said. They are also available in accessories, especially in the USA where they are used to "boost" the braking power of "muscle cars" whose intake depression drops too much when you press the accelerator ...

Attention: a vacuum pump WITH a vacuum switch must be used.
On our electric cars, the vacuum switch is separated (it is a weak point, sources of leaks). Some have the integrated vacuum switch.

Recycling a compressor 12V is counterproductive, it will cost more than finding a used functional pump, will be difficult to adapt and control according to the level of depression.

The power consumption of a vacuum pump is insignificant if the circuit is well sealed. I did tests or the pump was off more than 40 minutes ... as long as we do not brake ...

The power consumption of the power steering is a little more important because the pump rotates constantly, but almost empty as long as you do not steer (the oil is only through the open center dispenser) which consumes only a few Amps be a handful of Watt. The consumption rises to about 200W during a slot but it lasts only a few seconds (the oil is then sent into the assistance cylinder which puts it in pressure and draws a few amps on the electric motor).
0 x